Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 12.1.1 lastnight and tried out sentry mode and.it.just.does.not.work. I’ve tried several serval things (even mimicked what people have shown on YouTube to activate sentry mode) and all I look like like is a dumb fool trying to trick his car lol. Anyone else able to get it to work on an S?
On a windy night moving Rose bush branches triggered alerts for me. My car is parked on my driveway. My car said I had 2 sentry events. My dash cam USB drive pics were grainy and I could not see them. However, I found what they were by looking at the Nest Outdoor IQ cam alerts. The moving branches created a shadow and that triggered flashing lights. I could not upload the mpeg here

I got 12.1.1.1 last night, and just now I got another update prompt which looks like it's probably 12.1.1.2. Anyone have this yet? This has to be the most "hotfixes" I've ever seen off a release branch from Tesla so far. Perhaps because the next release is still in testing (Enhanced Summon)

On a windy night moving Rose bush branches triggered alerts for me. My car is parked on my driveway. My car said I had 2 sentry events. My dash cam USB drive pics were grainy and I could not see them. However, I found what they were by looking at the Nest Outdoor IQ cam alerts. The moving branches created a shadow and that triggered flashing lights. I could not upload the mpeg here
Hmm. Crazy! Thanks for sharing. I’ve ~started ~ to have autopilot / NOA error messages like “camera visibility low” “blindspot detection limited camera visibility’s low”. Contacted Tesla and they said I need a new left repeater (whatever that is...) which could be causing the new sentry mode issues?
Brandon

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Hmm. Crazy! Thanks for sharing. I’ve ~started ~ to have autopilot / NOA error messages like “camera visibility low” “blindspot detection limited camera visibility’s low”. Contacted Tesla and they said I need a new left repeater (whatever that is...) which could be causing the new sentry mode issues?
Brandon
I'm doubtful you need anything new. I got a couple of those visibility low messages right after a 2019.12.1.1 update whereas I have never seen such a message in the 3 years of having my car. After about 10 minutes of driving, the message went away and never returned again. Oh and the left repeater is a camera. They should just call it that.

The car is locked for over an hour, I don’t have my key or phone on me or anywhere near the vehicle and I left one of the windows down just to try and touch a seat or make a loud noise... nothing
Edit: and yes sentry mode is turned on via the app or the MCU
Did you try hitting it with a sledge hammer? That should work :eek:

I'm doubtful you need anything new. I got a couple of those visibility low messages right after a 2019.12.1.1 update whereas I have never seen such a message in the 3 years of having my car. After about 10 minutes of driving, the message went away and never returned again. Oh and the left repeater is a camera. They should just call it that.
Thank you! Unfortunately, this has been consistently happening for the last few days. They’ve pulled the logs and had the local Dallas SVC reach out to tell me that they did confirm that the camera is bad. Not sure if it’s software related or not but it sounds like it’s worth it’s way to being a hardware repair. I can’t utilize autopilot what-so ever even after a MCU reboot and whatever tier 1 did on the phone

yea, but the annoying thing to me is it still will not tell me in advance as to what version I will be getting, so it is crap shoot. I might get the one I like, or might not.

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Check here before clicking install. It's exceedingly rare these days that Tesla is distributing more than one firmware version on any given day.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Check here before clicking install. It's exceedingly rare these days that Tesla is distributing more than one firmware version on any given day.
Thanks, I am aware of the most current versions from another source, but I should have said that I've had situations in the past where a new version went backward to a previous version. Then sometimes there are 2 or more active downloads that I didn't get what I expected and had to call a friend to push something else.

Not sure if someone has reported this but I've been experiencing the screens just lagging and freezing up on me to the point where it'll turn off and reboot itself, as I'm driving. It won't reboot until after it's been frozen for a couple minutes . Car still drives but nothing is operable including turn signals.

I also usually know when the system will start to lag/freeze when the audio starts skipping and cutting out. After a little bit of audio cutting in and out system will start to freeze.

Come to think of it, started experiencing this after I got XM. Maybe just coincidence.

Anyone experience this?

2018 MS 100D Dec 18 Build

FWIW... Just got 2019.12.1.2 today. Got 2019.12.1.1 three days ago. I'm away from home and the car is in my garage so I can't see if there are any new release notes (doubt it). I have a 2017 MS with MCU1, AP2.0, EAP, FSD for those that are tracking which cars are getting different firmware versions.

I have a 2017 MS MCU1 AP2.5 EAP FSD and got this update as well. Nothing new in the notes. Nothing that mentions this either:

More Advanced Safety for Tesla Owners

Something is downloading now thanks to the new software tab in 2019.12.1.1

Attachments

• 48A4E110-7AE0-4DED-9F78-892759C46BC1.jpeg
    48A4E110-7AE0-4DED-9F78-892759C46BC1.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: dark cloud
I have a 2017 MS MCU1 AP2.5 EAP FSD and got this update as well. Nothing new in the notes. Nothing that mentions this either:
This is a great example of why I don't just automatically install every new piece of software that comes along and instead I wait to hear what other people have to say. My X has been trying to update for several months but I wouldn't let it do it because I was happy with the way it was working reliably on long trips. I only recent allowed 2019.12.1 to install because of sentry mode and higher rate charging for my trips. It seemed worth the risk.

I might be wrong, but this looks like the first time that I would have to opt out of an AP feature on EVERY DRIVE. I don't like that, but surely other people will like it. I'll wait and let other drivers test it out before I ever update to something like that.

Reactions: KArnold

Blog post says it is going to start with M3 and then to all others made after Oct 2016 which should be all AP2+ cars. Seems doubtful that 12.1.2 includes these features. Probably more likely in a 12.2 or 13.x release.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
This seems like something different...During 3019.12.1.2 installation...
To my recollection...Charging always pauses during an update installation. It’s possible that the update was done installing and a reboot was in process. Still showed 2019.12.1.1 when I captured these screenshots. Now on 2019.12.1.2.
007631AD-4BD3-4EC6-B98D-7F494C17F537.jpeg

64639781-F704-404C-B734-2AB718D32D7D.jpeg