Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still new to the update, animations are definitely cool. The autopilot seems a little less astute ... but it could be recalibration.... the adjacent lanes show fewer cars and it’s not as good at recognizing the end of a road if there is sharp turn at end....

Again could be recalibration, I have mcu1 ap2... still too early to tell but bravo on sentry more Button and this update will be great when they fine tune it

You could say the cameras could theoretically see rain drops as that’s how the auto wipers work. Clouds? C’mon man. I’m happy to apologize when I get 16 and this works. But I hope all the games and this stuff is one intern’s output with all the other work that needs to be done. (Elon seems to spend a lot of twitter time talking about games and I’m never using a delicate resource like this touchscreen to EVER play a game on.)

You could say the cameras could theoretically see rain drops as that’s how the auto wipers work. Clouds? C’mon man. I’m happy to apologize when I get 16 and this works. But I hope all the games and this stuff is one intern’s output with all the other work that needs to be done. (Elon seems to spend a lot of twitter time talking about games and I’m never using a delicate resource like this touchscreen to EVER play a game on.)
All work and no play makes @boaterva a dull boy... :)

Reactions: boaterva and GWord
Currently on a 500+ mile road trip. I finally approved the update today nervous it would make things worse. Its still a dumpster fire. I have 2019.16.1 on AP 2.0 and TACC doesnt hold speed and fails. Autosteer and TACC are never available over 60 mph even on clear, well marked highways. Sure I have dash animations and a sentry button but I dont care. Ive sent my car yo service and everything. What a joke. There must be no regression testing with actual cars.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Currently on a 500+ mile road trip. I finally approved the update today nervous it would make things worse. Its still a dumpster fire. I have 2019.16.1 on AP 2.0 and TACC doesnt hold speed and fails. Autosteer and TACC are never available over 60 mph even on clear, well marked highways. Sure I have dash animations and a sentry button but I dont care. Ive sent my car yo service and everything. What a joke. There must be no regression testing with actual cars.
My ap2.0 car works very well. under Autopilot on 2019.16.1.1. You must have an issue specific to your car.

My ap2.0 car works very well. under Autopilot on 2019.16.1.1. You must have an issue specific to your car.
Service had some classification that this is a known 'bug'. This was the update hopefully to fix it. No fix yet.

Attachments

• 20190516_114715.jpg
    20190516_114715.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 124
Disappointing to hear that 2019.16 didn’t fix the AP problem. I have the same issue but still on 2019.12. Another owner with a similar problem posted in a different thread that the service center was able to fix it with replacing radar and cameras. I guess we need to go to service center and demand a fix even if that requires replacing the AP computer.

Reactions: mmmk
So who did the bumper replacement on your car, and how long ago was it done?
The tesla certified Ferrari dealership that does all their body work for my area. I should point out the tesla tech cited in the same paragraph that it wasnt the cause, and after almost a week with my car they didn't find other 'issues'. I like and appreciate the service guys. Not pointing the finger at them. This also appears to be happening to several folks, without a new bumper.

I wonder if Elon himself actually did some driving with AP lately and that's why he decided to take over the autopilot team... My 4 hour drive yesterday was marred by some pretty bad behaviour I didn't have a year ago too, and I'm still on 12.1.1 and avoiding 16.x with its unique Australian supernags.

g'day mate! I am still torn between getting 2019.16 when it arrives or refraining from updating.
Because you get all the good stuff and possibly NoA as well.
How do the nags and EU/ UN rules affect Australia? Because Australia happens to be in the commonwealth with UK? Well so is Canada, but they don't get this crap, do they?

g'day mate! I am still torn between getting 2019.16 when it arrives or refraining from updating.
Because you get all the good stuff and possibly NoA as well.
How do the nags and EU/ UN rules affect Australia? Because Australia happens to be in the commonwealth with UK? Well so is Canada, but they don't get this crap, do they?
We're not getting the (allegedly) UN based turn limitations despite being a UN nation so I have a hard time believing it has anything to do with UN. We have our own special supernags which no other country seems to be complaining about. They now come every 15 SECONDS. I have no idea why they singled us out on that one. Everyone who has 16 has complained about it so it can't be one person's perspective only. For us there is no 'good stuff' on .16 compared to .12 since we still don't have NoA in any form. It'll only be the new cluster animation which doesn't seem worth it for the AP nags.

Reactions: fmonera
We're not getting the (allegedly) UN based turn limitations despite being a UN nation so I have a hard time believing it has anything to do with UN. We have our own special supernags which no other country seems to be complaining about. They now come every 15 SECONDS. I have no idea why they singled us out on that one. Everyone who has 16 has complained about it so it can't be one person's perspective only. For us there is no 'good stuff' on .16 compared to .12 since we still don't have NoA in any form. It'll only be the new cluster animation which doesn't seem worth it for the AP nags.

You are not singled out m8. The model 3 had 15 sec nags since the start here in Norway and now S AND X have gotten it as well with 2019.16

• Informative
Reactions: OPRCE and PaulJohn
With the same EU regulations I guess we will never see the cool advanced summon across the parking lot either... EU regulations is max 7 meters distance from operator to the car for auto park systems.

Indeed and FSD now seems like a distant dream...

The Norwegian site still says automatic city driving for FSD... Maybe for cities with huge turns?

Reactions: OPRCE and ChrML