Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1896C769-E508-4930-ADF2-3050611EA147.jpeg
I was really surprised to find out that my car knows when it’s dirty!! :eek:

Did cars with MCU1 get the new chromium browser with the 2019.16.1 release?

Also for those in EU, have anyone noticed a reduction in Autopilot capabilities due to the regulatory change? I am located in Norway and we have a fair bit of winding roads (not talking about highways) and after the update to 2019.12 autopilot became awesome! I hate to revert back!

Reactions: PaulJohn

Also for those in EU, have anyone noticed a reduction in Autopilot capabilities due to the regulatory change? I am located in Norway and we have a fair bit of winding roads (not talking about highways) and after the update to 2019.12 autopilot became awesome! I hate to revert back!

Been covered, you have to read :)

Been covered, you have to read :)

I have read the posts here, but I couldn’t find anyone confirming that mcu1 cars now has the new chromium browser... a post mentioned a better browser experience, but that’s it... I got a better experience on 2019.12, but still not chromium experience.

For the winding roads one persons mentions this, but I prefer to hear more than one experience so I get a more representative picture.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I have read the posts here, but I couldn’t find anyone confirming that mcu1 cars now has the new chromium browser... a post mentioned a better browser experience, but that’s it... I got a better experience on 2019.12, but still not chromium experience.

For the winding roads one persons mentions this, but I prefer to hear more than one experience so I get a more representative picture.

Well, your question was this:

And both have been answered, and discussed.
I guess mcu1 never, at least for now, get chromium.
Autopilot in Norway after new update has been described.

Got this over the air while my car was sitting at the airport. 2013 S85. From Tesla software tracker, this looks like a lot of pre-AP cars are getting this version 2019.16.1.1 697c2ff. Amazingly, it was just two weeks ago I got 2019.12.1.1
FWIW, my 2015 AP1 car got 2019.16.1.1 697c2ff yesterday. Dog mode. Ludicrous+ (haven't tested battery heating or launch). In 2018.50.6 (my last firmware) there was an adjustment between two levels of "immersive sound." Now it's just a switch for Dolby or not. Sounds pretty much the same though.

View attachment 409096

What alert are you getting? My shows this
My warning says “Cruise control not available”. Also, the auto-dimming feature is not functioning.

I spoke to Tesla support last evening (after being on hold for 20 minutes). After the reboots and full shutdown failed, they said to let the vehicle go through a full sleep cycle overnight to reset the computer. I have not yet checked the car this morning.

Note also the "speed limit" icon is different to the old one. There was a rumour that this is the first sign of sign speed limit reading. I'm not sure anyone's confirmed this.

I am thinking it may be doing this in limited amounts at least because 1 area in Rochester is finally corrected, my other hint was I75 switched to 65 at 1 section which I think was false read of a Speed Limit Sign that was 75mph with a 65mph Truck Limit. Then went back to 75mph shortly after.

After the 16.1 upgrade, I lost all cruise and autopilot capability. Anyone else? (And yes, I’ve done multiple resets of control pad and speedo pad, as well as full shutdown of car - no luck).

Cruise & AP fine here

View attachment 409096
What alert are you getting? My shows this

Got the Same Warning when I was going thru the Detroit Windsor Tunnel, so i think it may be due to Signal Loss or Camera anomaly. Almost Everytime at the Tunnel, but almost too quick to read. Do not remember if I was unable to use AutoPilot or not afterwards...