Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:D

I did get a little chuckle, after noticing it and thinking about the fact that it was even an issue to me. My old Ford Exploder had a screen on the display that had some sort of generic SUV I think.

When I had a silver Audi I remember thinking “wow the birds eye view shows the color of my car, such attention to detail!”.... then I got a black loaner and it still had a silver car in the UI.

Have you noticed any regression with autosteer?

No, have not.
Was out and visited family today, both highway and local roads.
Autosteer as usual, but nags have come more often.
On ramp, car does the work, signal lights and turn out on the highway.
Off ramp, did not work at all, waited as long as I could before I had to take over.
Auto lane change, tried, did not work, but not sure if it's available.
Was lurking behind a semi in 80km/h when speedlimit was 110km/h, and no one on the sides...
Sign recognition, not working.
Road work recognition, not working.

For MCU1 AP2 cars, are there new graphics/animations?
Yes, I have MCU1/AP2.0 and got the new animation / graphics. I liked the zoomed in version of the pre-V9.0 quite a lot, was happy they brought it back, but now the icon looks more cartoonish .... headlights are really bright in the rendered avatar and looks less professional (for lack of a better word).

noticing lane change is much quicker , seems big update for whats next
I haven't been able to try it yet on 2019.16, but in theory, yes it should be smoother. By "quicker", I think you mean it responds faster to changing lanes once you click the turn signal rather than making the turn at a quicker rate ?

I'm just happy to have the ability to simply lightly press the turn signal to get it to change lanes (aka 2019.12). Prior to that, I was annoyed that I would have to hold down the turn signal (or solid click it) until it changed lanes. Sometime, I would forget and let go of the turn signal while it was still crossing the line and the car would abruptly go back into the original lane.

• Informative
Reactions: PaulJohn
The crash was months ago and Tesla surely has had the data for a while. The NTSB report is likely old news to Tesla anyway.

It could explain the brake-happy early 2019 updates though.

What isn't explain is how the semi crossing into path of travel wasn't a tested against "corner case"? Also, what is with FL and allowing semis to cross across highways?

After the 16.1 upgrade, I lost all cruise and autopilot capability. Anyone else? (And yes, I’ve done multiple resets of control pad and speedo pad, as well as full shutdown of car - no luck).
I've heard it said that for some reason some cars are having their cameras recalibrated with this release, but you don't get any notification of it unfortunately.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
4546F36A-D4C1-4C1D-8F77-7040B4359CC2.jpeg
I’m having the same issue. Autopilot worked this morning but was gone this afternoon. Also tired multiple resets.

What alert are you getting? My shows this

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
What isn't explain is how the semi crossing into path of travel wasn't a tested against "corner case"? Also, what is with FL and allowing semis to cross across highways?
I feel like this works for me 90%+ of the time. It improved some time mid last year and has only gotten better since. But sometimes, with cross traffic, the car simply acts like it doesn’t see it.

Actually just a few days ago, there was a Jeep SUV in front of me who was trying to get out of my lane after we had come to a stop. He barely angled his car 45 degrees (not really out of the lane at all yet) and Autopilot showed the car disappearing and proceeded to start accelerating towards him. Luckily I slammed on the brakes because I was paying attention, and for once I was thankful for the super slow takeoffs from TACC/AP.

At any rate, the point is, a lot of this stuff works most of the time and then once in a while we hit a fluke. Maybe it was this person’s unlucky day. Either way, it seems to me like Tesla has been trying to get Autopilot 2 to recognize a lot more situations than just adaptive cruise control + lane keeping (which is basically all AP1 ever cared about. It had like a 0% success rate recognizing cross traffic or oncoming traffic of any kind). It’s definitely still not there yet, though.