Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of things I've noticed recently. I was previously on 12.1.2.

On 16.2 forward collision warning seems more sensitive. I checked my setting, thinking maybe it changed, but it's still at medium. Today I got four warnings on a single 30 minute drive. They were probably warranted, so I don't think I'd change it to late. But it seems medium is more sensitive.

On a highway drive, I noticed the IC stopped displaying a lane to my right because of large construction cones. When the cones were gone, the lane appeared again. Not sure if that has happened before and I just didn't notice, but it was new to me.
View attachment 414496
I’ve noticed it being very sensitive on all roads. To the point where I’m cancelling and reinstating TACC or EAP regularly on many urban roads where there are parked cars or narrowed lanes to avoid the conservative alerting.

The sudden slowing down and bleeping is unsettling for my SO. They rarely use TACC when driving to avoid these events.

Anyone with 16.3 or 3.2 that has experienced the skipping stuttering streaming music issue we’ve had for a LONG while these days.
I’m desperately Hoping one of these versions helps with it. It’s making me insane on my morning commute. And I’m tired of having to open the damn sketch pad just to listen to music.
As I understand it the error in the code for updating the live traffic in Nav was corrected in 16.2(I have ) and maybe the browser is a bit better, but it did nothing to help the music.

If anyone can comment about yea or nea if it’s better I would sure appreciate it.

I've posted this in another thread as well. After the update to 16.2, I've definitely lost the buzzing sound and the steering vibration for the Lane Departure Warning. Anybody else?
That’s so funny to me. I never noticed the vibrating steering wheel for lane departure UNTIL i got 16.2
It’s very faint but it’s there now. It’s possible I hadn’t enabled it before tho I’m not positive. So I can’t say definitively.
But I do know it’s there now on 16.2 in my S

That’s so funny to me. I never noticed the vibrating steering wheel for lane departure UNTIL i got 16.2
It’s very faint but it’s there now. It’s possible I hadn’t enabled it before tho I’m not positive. So I can’t say definitively.
But I do know it’s there now on 16.2 in my S

Mine was always on for years and working from day one. Both vibration and buzz are definitely gone after 16.2. I have done the off/on the setting and reboot, etc. None seems to bring it back.

Actually, this feature was the one that no other software update managed to break until now.

Reactions: Jan Fiala
I have some weird bugs with .16.2 on my AP2.5 X, even after multiple reboots.

The energy consumption graph is frozen most of the time and when it does kick back in, its registering an average of ~90wh/m for the last 15 miles lol.

My dash cam also stopped working even after reformatting my thumb drive and rebooting.

Location doesn’t seem to update either now in my app. It still shows my car at home even though it is clearly not.
I have the same issues on 2019.16.2 with my Model X with AP 2.5. Additionally, I car cannot be turned off from the touch screen. It will go black, but lights up immedirely when the driver's door is opened.

Reactions: cantbechanged
Anyone with 16.3 or 3.2 that has experienced the skipping stuttering streaming music issue we’ve had for a LONG while these days.
I’m desperately Hoping one of these versions helps with it. It’s making me insane on my morning commute. And I’m tired of having to open the damn sketch pad just to listen to music.
As I understand it the error in the code for updating the live traffic in Nav was corrected in 16.2(I have ) and maybe the browser is a bit better, but it did nothing to help the music.

If anyone can comment about yea or nea if it’s better I would sure appreciate it.

While i don't yet have 16.3 to know, but...if i minimise the Music UI completely the stutters stop regardless of having the traffic layer on or not. (16.2 and 12.1 before that).

The Advanced software update mode actually works.

Got 16.3 on Wednesday not so long after 16.2. Today there's another update available. Installing in a few hours.
I think you might've just gotten lucky. We got 16.2 on three of our cars two weeks ago and set them all to Advanced. Since then, the fourth car was updated to 16.3 but the other three cars are still on 16.2.

It still seems to "work" like and elevator's "Close Door" button. :rolleyes:

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: boaterva and ChrML
Hello everyone,
I could use a little help on this software version. Can someone please summarize what the features are in this software update? I am looking for benefits and losses. Sorry, but there are 28 pages in this thread, and I cannot find a list of features, even after reading through several pages. I am aware of the advanced software update feature. My only concern is that I recall hearing about some major changes in autopilot in Europe (at least on the Model 3) that made people pretty upset. Also, I heard about some lane departure warning issues. Can these be turned on/off, etc.
Again, sorry for the broad question.

Reactions: Queeg500
I think you might've just gotten lucky. We got 16.2 on three of our cars two weeks ago and set them all to Advanced. Since then, the fourth car was updated to 16.3 but the other three cars are still on 16.2.

It still seems to "work" like and elevator's "Close Door" button. :rolleyes:
Yeah, our 3 is loading something now (assume 16.3.2) and the X, nada. Both were set to Advanced the second I rebooted them after loading 16.2.

See, Elon didn’t say the button/setting would DO anything.... :D

Reactions: croman
First for me, I can see the Map data download in progress
FAE13EB1-E505-458A-BACC-617E1965B57A.jpeg

Hello everyone,
I could use a little help on this software version. Can someone please summarize what the features are in this software update? I am looking for benefits and losses. Sorry, but there are 28 pages in this thread, and I cannot find a list of features, even after reading through several pages. I am aware of the advanced software update feature. My only concern is that I recall hearing about some major changes in autopilot in Europe (at least on the Model 3) that made people pretty upset. Also, I heard about some lane departure warning issues. Can these be turned on/off, etc.
Again, sorry for the broad question.

The lane departure feature is for Model 3 only. MS and MX do not get it.