Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so fed up and bored with the phantom breaking and harsh slow downs of TACC & AP to the point that most of the time (especially when I have my wife and kids in the car) I turn it off and drive properly. I can understand programming this stuff can be tricky for difficult or unknown situations but going down a motorway with not much around it still wants to cause concern and make me look like a dangerous driver. It better improve soon or I am out. My wife’s 2008 Audi Q7 cruise control is so nice to use, nicely slows down and keeps to the distance set, none of this crap of having to take over to prevent rear ending etc etc

Odd how the same car can act so differently for different owners.

I got .02 on my 2016 AP2.0 this morning and did a bit of driving and so far its been great. Biggest improvement Im seeing is actually in the torque sensitivity of the steering wheel and nags - non existent on my driving today. Also no phantom breaking, nothing out of the ordinary. Red light warning also working great, very dependable in all my tests since the feature came out.

Let’s see, over the air updates, software control over many of the systems, charging infrastructure.
Not trying to offtrack this thread but OTA is a double edge sword with Tesla, what was working perfectly fine ends up broken with next update (v9, folding mirrors, phantom braking etc.), Charging is the only thing Tesla has but others are catching up soon.

I am so fed up and bored with the phantom breaking and harsh slow downs of TACC & AP to the point that most of the time

I too am fed up with these 2 same issues. It has been ongoing for me since 2019.5.15. Before that it was "silky smooth".

The worse examples are when vehicles enter the freeway on an entry lane to my right, the car brakes hard. Also when a car gets in front of me in my travel lane, far in front of me, so far that it makes no sense braking.

I too am fed up with these 2 same issues. It has been ongoing for me since 2019.5.15. Before that it was "silky smooth".

The worse examples are when vehicles enter the freeway on an entry lane to my right, the car brakes hard. Also when a car gets in front of me in my travel lane, far in front of me, so far that it makes no sense braking.
I seem to remember the best was somewhere around 2018.12 . Phantom braking started appearing before V9 dropped and it got a lot worse after that and has never recovered. Some of the earlier 2019 releases my wife demanded I turn it off. It's only 'bad' now, not 'terrible' as it was earlier on, but it's still a long way from the very smooth previous NN releases when the side cameras weren't in use. Unfortunately since cars have driven into flat bed trucks and so on with inattentive drivers, and uber's full self drive killed a woman because they were trying to fix their version of phantom braking, it's here to stay for a long time yet.

Phantom braking will get a lot worse before it gets better

Just got 2019.20.4.1 Added Beach Buggy Racing 2 . See the release notes and the pics. Yes, not a bug but "beach buggy" IMG_20190622_180425.jpg IMG_20190622_180425.jpg IMG_20190622_180358.jpg IMG_20190622_180241.jpg

Anyone notice performed improvements on MCU1 with 2019.20.2.1? I just installed it, came from 2019.20.1.

The UI seems to respond much faster with the maps up. Scrolling down the playlist on Spotify doesn't lag. Didn't drive though and just got it, so don't know if it will slow down soon.