Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ooh what delights (or issues) will this one bring. Chatter around light recognition and advanced summon (except us in europe where the EN want to restrict everything) and no doubt other stuff :). The iOS app just updated to 3.8.5 too but who knows if that’ll do anything.

Last edited:
Nope. This is for the Early Access Program participants. We will all get it on a few months I think.

I hope sooner than that, as I'm having "power reduced, front motor disabled" every now and then and the service center told me they reviewed the logs and it is a known software issue that will be fixed in 2019.20.

In the meantime, do I need to live with this? In the past, if I dropped a car at the dealer to be fixed and I was without my car for more than 30 days, I had the right to lemon law it. How does it works with software bugs like that where my car is not working as expected but I am told not to drop it at the service center because there is nothing they can do until the software comes out???

Have I all of a sudden given up a right that protects me from not being able to use my car as expected?

2019.20.x is early access for Advanced Summon. If you’re not in the program, don’t expect to get this build yet!
That was part of my point. Another article indicated that Elon promise of FSD Early access would be sent out to cars with Advanced Selected in Software Update and of course have FSD purchase some time ago. For version that are not tied to FSD I would think would still get the update before those that selected Standard. Of course about everyone is selecting Advanced.

I think it does *something*, but it's definitely not the "I'll get every single release right away now" that people seem to assume it is.
I tell you want I assume it should mean:
If a new version is released for Model S and X cars with HW 2.5 "start" receiving it in the US or at least California on TeslaFI (small subset of the full fleet) I should also get it within a 2 or 3 days.

What do you think?

I tell you want I assume it should mean:
If a new version is released for Model S and X cars with HW 2.5 "start" receiving it in the US or at least California on TeslaFI (small subset of the full fleet) I should also get it within a 2 or 3 days.

What do you think?

I think that's a bad assumption. In my mind it's more like:

When Tesla decides a release is "going wide", which these days seems to happen every 1-2 months, those with the advanced option selected will be in the leading wave of that release.

I expect it will have zero effect on the smaller "beta testing" releases that happen in between the wide releases.

Lol that article was complete, to use a fitting ancient word, balderdash. The Advanced switch is (supposed) to get our normal releases more quickly. That’s what Elon promised us. It has nothing to do with Early Access or FSD.

Anyone in early access will be notified and has their car added to it by VIN. You get release notes by email.

Or so I’m told. Seriously. I’ve never gotten early access firmware even though I got something last year saying I was in early access. :D

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer