Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, if you read my post, you will note that I was referring to autopilot related updates. I am sure AP1 cars will continue to get quality of life updates.

You were?

The post you quoted was asking about Dog Mode, and your reply seemed to me to be saying AP1 cars won't be getting Dog Mode because Tesla had dropped support for AP1 cars...

You were?

The post you quoted was asking about Dog Mode, and your reply seemed to me to be saying AP1 cars won't be getting Dog Mode because Tesla had dropped support for AP1 cars...

Yes, I know the previous post was about Dog Mode but I changed the subject a bit and made a comment about autopilot.

Here is my quote (post #14):
I know you don't want to hear this but the truth of the matter is that Tesla is done with AP1. AP1 is not going to get any autopilot related updates anymore. Tesla broke up with Mobileye which made AP1 autopilot and Tesla is super busy with AP2 and AP3 as they try to roll out "FSD" soon. So AP1 is not going to get anything.

Sentry mode, dog mode, blind spot monitor chime are already out for M3 but with a bunch of bugs:

And even next itteration 2019.5.3 is buggy:

I think MS get it when they'll solve the bugs.

I have AP 2.0. so I hope to get the sentry mode at least with greyscale camera records.
Most of thefts in our region happen in nights so the color camera gives nothing.

Reactions: Penfold
So what does Dog Mode require that AP1 doesn’t support?
Which I think is dumb cause we can still have blind spot but I don't understand as smart and advanced Tesla is they can't implement a basic blind spot audible like now says Honda's Toyota's and all these lower model brands come within them sooo ‍♂️ Idk y Tesla cannot implement it

Be careful what you ask for -- Tesla's "blind spot monitor" is extremely unreliable and imprecise. It will have a lot of false positives, and they constant audible alerts would get tiring pretty quickly. This is why they don't do it.

The other manufacturers use proven and reliable corner radar for implementing this. But Elon has to do things his way. On AP1, all you have are ultrasonic parking sensors which are almost useless at highway speeds -- as the name suggests, these are designed for low-speed operation.

Reactions: JohnnyG
As far as I remember, the audible alerts were supposed to be when you tried to change lanes, so you didn't need to look at the binnacle/display to see the red line. It's not 'constant' alerts that are beeping every time a car is there. If I'm changing lanes, I look anyway, but on the off chance I don't, I want the red line and the beep if the cameras see something.

Having said that, why are we testing this when a basic feature of the release doesn't work? After three tries (2019.5.1/2/3). I really don't get it. Anyone want to clarify this for me? Are they at the 'if it compiles, ship it' stage now?!

Reactions: JohnnyG
Which I think is dumb cause we can still have blind spot but I don't understand as smart and advanced Tesla is they can't implement a basic blind spot audible like now says Honda's Toyota's and all these lower model brands come within them sooo ‍♂️ Idk y Tesla cannot implement it

AP1 cars don't have the hardware necessary to implement a decent blind spot monitoring alert.

Wow I was number 7 on TeslaFi, that’s a first for me being so early. Updated via the app (car is in work car park), got completion notification so launched the app and saw it was updated BUT the car was unlocked. I quickly locked it via the app but just so others are aware to check. Can’t drive it until later but wanted to alert to the doors being unlocked.