Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to confirm, I have AP2.5 (MCU1) and NO sentry mode. Just dog mode, blind spot collision warning chime, auto-folding mirror, new language support and cold weather update.

Off for a 70 mile drive now

I thought someone from UK mentioned in another thread that Sentry Mode may be in conflict with some of the local privacy law in UK? Maybe this is something similar to no summon using keyfob in UK where you don't get all the features because of the local law?

So just drove 70 odd miles.

Chime does not work (tested a few times - not ideal thing to test) so reported bug

Speed now stays as set when you override TACC so no longer do you suddenly realise your speed isn’t what you set and driving slower than expected.

Changing lanes now works better so if you turn off turn signal it keeps going or flick signal now changes lane which is nice.

Air and heater controls now single screen which is so much better.

Can’t think of anything else yet.

Statement from Tesla regarding Sentry mode:

The feature will begin rolling out today to U.S. Model 3 vehicles, followed by Model S and Model X vehicles that were built after August 2017.

Yeah I suspected that it has more to do with being in UK than MCU 1. Sentry Mode uses the same mechanism as DashCam so if DashCam works, I don't see why Sentry Mode wouldn't.

So just drove 70 odd miles.

Chime does not work (tested a few times - not ideal thing to test) so reported bug

Speed now stays as set when you override TACC so no longer do you suddenly realise your speed isn’t what you set and driving slower than expected.

Changing lanes now works better so if you turn off turn signal it keeps going or flick signal now changes lane which is nice.

Air and heater controls now single screen which is so much better.

Can’t think of anything else yet.
Did you by chance notice whether the car still undertakes on dual or motor ways? From what I understand when you are doing over 55mph it should lock onto the car in the outside lane and track that also so that you dont undertake it. Under 55 it assumes your in traffic so lets.

Did you by chance notice whether the car still undertakes on dual or motor ways? From what I understand when you are doing over 55mph it should lock onto the car in the outside lane and track that also so that you dont undertake it. Under 55 it assumes your in traffic so lets.
Just came back from a 100 km ride on highway this afternoon. Chime for Blindspot warning is working (only when no autopilot engaged): get red doted line + red car + chime.

• Informative
Reactions: OPRCE
Statement from Tesla regarding Sentry mode:

The feature will begin rolling out today to U.S. Model 3 vehicles, followed by Model S and Model X vehicles that were built after August 2017.
quite disappointed, a car of avg 1.5 yr old and lack of new features which makes a Tesla better than other brands. But only if you bought on the right time... can' t seem to understand why a camera record needs a MCU2... even a Raspberry pi can record and manage several cameras....

quite disappointed, a car of avg 1.5 yr old and lack of new features which makes a Tesla better than other brands. But only if you bought on the right time... can' t seem to understand why a camera record needs a MCU2... even a Raspberry pi can record and manage several cameras....
Cars built after August 2017 are still equipped with MCU1. MCU2 are for cars built during 2018.