Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well for Supercharger V3 in North America they kept the same plug/inlet format. And that currently tops out at about 250kW.

So the Mennekes Type 2 could have handled it as well but Tesla decided to go with CCS, probably because it opened up more charging options for Model 3 owners without much more effort on Tesla's part. (And no adapter purchase on the part of the Model 3 owners.)

The difference is that if they did that in NA they would have had a problem with all the destination chargers, so it wasn't an easy option here.

I sure hope you are right and that the mennekes 2 from Tesla can handle the 250kW.
I’m also believing that the chemistry of the 18650 has been changed, certainly in the 100.
Now remains the question: why is Tesla delaying the definitive announcement for S and X

View attachment 387848

View attachment 387845

View attachment 387839

Installed on 2017 AP 2.5 Model S 75D.

2019.8.2 5c510a7

I just got this one as well, updated from 2018.50.6 4ec03ed, but mine is a Nov 2016 AP 2.0 Model S. First time I've been on the early side of a firmware release, TeslaFI only shows 9 AP2.0 Model S updated so far.

Release notes screen came up blank. But going through various menus, looks like features match the release note from eddy009, including Dog Mode, Blind Spot Collision Warning Chime, and Auto-Folding Mirrors Based on Location. I already had NoA before, will test tomorrow to see if it still requires confirmation or not.

I just got this one as well, updated from 2018.50.6 4ec03ed, but mine is a Nov 2016 AP 2.0 Model S. First time I've been on the early side of a firmware release, TeslaFI only shows 9 AP2.0 Model S updated so far.

Release notes screen came up blank. But going through various menus, looks like features match the release note from eddy009, including Dog Mode, Blind Spot Collision Warning Chime, and Auto-Folding Mirrors Based on Location. I already had NoA before, will test tomorrow to see if it still requires confirmation or not.
Glad you got it early. As we know fully well not all Tesla cars sold are on TeslaFi network and thus tracked for software updates. If you look at the number of cars sold and number on TeslaFi it is a small subset of cars on TeslaFi. I myself was on TeslaFi until after my recent update to 19.8.1. It is a subscription service.

Some good stuff here looking forward to this one. Was wondering why the tesla didn't have a chime for the blind spot so this is a nice addition. Also the auto folding mirrors. No reason to have mine fold in my garage so looking forward to this as well.

Received 2019.8.3 today. UK on HW2.5 and MCU1.

I was on 2019.5.14 and the main difference is Sentry Mode is now available. Nothing else new in release notes but am keen to do some drives to find out if there is any improvement with the awful phantom breaking and hesitation in 5.14 they I had. Won’t know until Monday when I do a long drive but am really hoping it’s better.

Can you post the release notes since you have an AP2 car?

AP2 S100D
20190327_100105.jpg 20190327_100114.jpg 20190327_100527.jpg

Glad you got it early. As we know fully well not all Tesla cars sold are on TeslaFi network and thus tracked for software updates. If you look at the number of cars sold and number on TeslaFi it is a small subset of cars on TeslaFi. I myself was on TeslaFi until after my recent update to 19.8.1. It is a subscription service.

Ah yes, just a hasty choice of words on my part. As TeslaFi is a (slightly nonrandom) sampling of the population, it would have been better to express that only 1-2% of the sample (and statistically speaking the population) got 8.2 at that point. And now that 8.3 is rolling out en masse and already to my car, that's going to be the true widespread release.

In hindsight, rather than saying I got 8.2 early, as neither 8.1 nor 8.2 went widespread, I can now say more clearly - it was the first time Tesla chose me for one of those "let's roll this experimental software out to a few random folks, see if any die" releases.

• Informative
Reactions: Kevin Bohacz
I just got the update moving from 2018.50.6 to the 2019.8.3 and after it updated like others mentioned, no release note PLUS now I have an error when I put it into "D" I get the error "Blindspot Detection Limited Visibility..." with the yellow warning triangle. So no cars display to the sides of me.

I've wiped the lens of the side repeater cameras and even the B pillars but to no avail.

Anyone else having issues? (Car is 2016.5 Facelift 75D with AP2.0 and MCU 1; October 2016 build).