Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 8.3 this morning. Sentry mode, dashcam, red light detection... this is amazing that the car keeps improving, Although, they can make substantial improvements in semi-autonomous driving but yet smart windshield wipers are a bridge too far? :D

Our Model S a few hours ago got the update notification. Started the update through the app. AP2. Curious to see what it gets. 2019.8.3. da116a6.

We have a Blackvue 900S 2-ch dashcam installed in our Model S and the video from it is so much better and no corruption unlike my TeslaCam/Sentry Mode files on my Model 3. I’m glad I have it in the Model 3 nevertheless and sure it will improve but am jealous I can’t hardwire a dashcam in my Model 3 like in our Model S. Right now I find TeslaCam interesting but don’t think it can be relied on all the time in case of an accident. Too many green screen corrupted files or with distortions. Sure 2.5 owners will experience something similar to the Model 3 owners.

BTW, you’ll want something like a 128GB flashdrive or better if you don’t want to quickly end up with something that fills up and won’t record until you delete your SavedClips. With 3 cameras constantly recording, the RecentClips 1-hr buffer is now 5.4GB. Each SavedClip folder is .9GB and these don’t get written over like the the RecentClips videos do. Space gets eatten up rather fast. Don’t forget to pause TeslaCam before removing the drive to avoid corruption. And if you see an accident and want to Save the video, give it a few minutes afterwards to do so or you’ll end the recording mid-stream writing and corrupt the one minute you most likely want to see captured. Saves the 10 minutes prior to “saving”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antfugue
They only turn Red (on AP or not) when you activate turn signal.

I even had this pop up when on my Model 3 on a 2-lane road. I was going to be making a left turn at the light so had my signal on. Traffic coming towards me in the other lane of traffic that got too close to the center line triggered the red cars and red lane line too I think. Definitely got my attention. Sure the same behavior will hold on the Model S. Wasn’t on any AP at all.

Just got 2019.8.3 and came from 2018.50.6. Aug 2017 S75D AP2 MCU1 EAP FSD.

Update includes Auto Folding Mirrors, Blind Spot Chime, Dog Mode, Stop Light Warning, Climate UI update.

Looking forward to testing new features and seeing what has improved or regressed.

Last edited:
Yes, I have had dash cam for a while (can’t remember which version) but Sentry mode has only come with this 2019.8.3 for me. I don’t see anything relating to breaking (flashing when breaking hard) or red light or NoA but as in the UK don’t expect the latter.

Here is a little clip and pic of what happens when on AP and approaching a Red Light. Apologize for the poor quality / shaky video :)

Note: The light turned green at the last second and I took over just prior. Just a warning message to take over and the Speed Limit Icon changes to an Icon of a red traffic light signal (see pic for a freeze frame).

Nothing too exciting, but certainly a neat feature!

Attachments

• IMG_5006.jpg
    IMG_5006.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I can confirm no sentry mode on MCU 1 AP 2.5 2017 December MS. version 2019.8 ... Also no enhanced /even full featured regular summon in Canada.

That doesn't sound right. MCU isn't a factor in Sentry mode, just requires AP2.5+. Do you have Dashcam?

The Enhanced Summon isn't a part of this version so not having that is 'normal'.