Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got 2019.8.5 on my Model S but I'm experiencing a new bug: Turning on climate control from my app in the morning is failing consistently. This morning I finally got it to work by first stopping the charging, then turning it on, then re-starting charging.

Is anyone else seeing this after 2019.8.5? I know there's a 2019.8.6 but I haven't been blessed with it yet.

That’s interesting. My MS woke up and flashed its lights last night while my wife and I walked past it, but on the outside of the garage.
I didn’t have my fob on me, and there was no one else in the garage.

I wants into the garage after my wife mentioned the flashing lights and the sentry message and Hal image were displayed on the screen.
Hmmm. I haven’t got this to repro. Not even when messing with the garage. And have never seen any Sentry indicators (which is what you think it would be, of course).

Was out yesterday and activated Sentry. When I came back to the car, Sentry did not turn off in the app. I would assume it would turn off when you get in the car?

Anyway; on our original sorta shared issue, I still got nothing and I can’t call Tesla without a clearly reproducible problem.

I’m sorta waiting for .6 or 2019.12 lol.

I had the issue. One thing I discovered is that those settings appear to be tied to the driver profile. So if you set them in one profile and then shift to another profile, it reverts to NOA off, confirmation required, chime off. Put your car in the profile you drive in (vice easy entry or something else. The go to SP settings and select everything you want. Really odd but it appears those settings (unlike many others) are unique to the profile just like seat, steering wheel and mirror selections. Guess it makes sense but it threw me and I couldn't figure out why I would always find that my lane change selection rolled back to "require confirmation" and of course you can't change that selection with the car in gear...
This is def so. I first set new NoA settings on the ‘Tesla’ fob (the one I give them) and the settings were missing on ‘my’ fob/profile. I also guess it makes sense since different drivers may want no confirm, etc.

2018.8.5 has a really annoying bug with Spotify causing the music to "lag"/skip a few times every minute. MCU1. Not an issue earlier.

Could be related to dashcam now enabled.
Sadly it’s not. I started a new thread on this yesterday. I’ve tried many experiments to find out what the cause is it’s a repeat of a bug or problem we had last year. Try this.
Open up the sketchy pad Easter egg and leav it up while you drive around streaming your slacker music. It will sound perfect and never skip.

Sadly it’s not. I started a new thread on this yesterday. I’ve tried many experiments to find out what the cause is it’s a repeat of a bug or problem we had last year. Try this.
Open up the sketchy pad Easter egg and leav it up while you drive around streaming your slacker music. It will sound perfect and never skip.
The other option is to make the media player window as large as possible leaving only a small amount of the map on screen. It seems to be the CPU requirements of the map rendering responsible. Pretty sad.

The other option is to make the media player window as large as possible leaving only a small amount of the map on screen. It seems to be the CPU requirements of the map rendering responsible. Pretty sad.
Interesting. I was going to add music works fine for me but then noted I have the camera up all the time which also hides most of the map.

BTW voice commands also work here (at least ‘navigate to...’).

Reactions: henleyregatta
Has anyone on .5 (or any other version I suppose) had issues with the no-confirmation NoA lane change settings not being remembered? Every morning I go back out to the car and “require confirmation for lane changes” is set back to yes despite me changing it to no the prior day.

Maybe I missed the post but I was updated to 8.4 a few days ago after coming back from a 3 week absence. Have V2 HW. I don't see anything for no-confirmation NoA lane change (have both EAP and FSD). Is this another 'sorry, only newest hardware feature' update?

Thanks.

I'm on AP2. NoA with no confirmation works great for me.

Any chance of posting a screen shot of the tab showing me what you see? Have mobile ranger coming Thursday and if something is wrong would like to show him. I just tried it today but when I approached a car going too slow, it asked to confirm lane change. I didn't. It never moved over; just kept going slow. And I did turn off and back on both 'switches', then confirmed Ok when the warnings came up...

Thanks

Any chance of posting a screen shot of the tab showing me what you see? Have mobile ranger coming Thursday and if something is wrong would like to show him. I just tried it today but when I approached a car going too slow, it asked to confirm lane change. I didn't. It never moved over; just kept going slow. And I did turn off and back on both 'switches', then confirmed Ok when the warnings came up...

Thanks
What tab are you wanting a screenshot of

Hmmm. I haven’t got this to repro. Not even when messing with the garage. And have never seen any Sentry indicators (which is what you think it would be, of course).

Was out yesterday and activated Sentry. When I came back to the car, Sentry did not turn off in the app. I would assume it would turn off when you get in the car?

Anyway; on our original sorta shared issue, I still got nothing and I can’t call Tesla without a clearly reproducible problem.

I’m sorta waiting for .6 or 2019.12 lol.

I’m going to go through my USB stick today to check my sentry footage because yesterday I noticed that my dashcam is no longer recording.

I suspect sentry is going off all the time in the garage and the videos have filled up the USB drive.

Reactions: boaterva
I’m going to go through my USB stick today to check my sentry footage because yesterday I noticed that my dashcam is no longer recording.

I suspect sentry is going off all the time in the garage and the videos have filled up the USB drive.
No issues with USB filling up, Have a relatively new 32GB SANdisk in for several weeks. Not sure it’s in this thread or a 3 version but an 8GB USB on that car got so overdone it was ‘write protected’ and nothing I could do would let me format it (googled things for a while, nothing worked).

Also today, .12 seems to be slowing down with 5/6 being ‘real’. Sure is hard to tell what Tesla is doing. I’m waiting for the XKCD strip of Tesla software release people having fun with us, someday... :D

Reactions: croman and DMack
OK if that is the case. Is there a way to force an update? Car is in the garage and WIFI is set to my home router so bandwidth is not an issue. Someone said to use the mobile app to schedule a service request and pick firmware update but I don't want to do it if they think they need to send someone out....
That's what I did. In a couple of hrs I got a text saying they were pushing the update and cancelling the service appointment.