Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2.32.65 this afternoon also. It also resulted in a failed update for my first time ever. App and car said update was finished, but both screens frozen and flashing error message saying "software update required call Tesla Service".

I left it alone for a bit and it started off again with lights flashing on and so on and about 20 minutes later appeared to have sorted itself out!

I got 2.32.65 this afternoon also. It also resulted in a failed update for my first time ever. App and car said update was finished, but both screens frozen and flashing error message saying "software update required call Tesla Service".

I left it alone for a bit and it started off again with lights flashing on and so on and about 20 minutes later appeared to have sorted itself out!
Sounds more like the install process had not quite finished yet, contrarily to those messages. I've seen exactly that error message pass by numerous times on the dashboard screen during the update/install process.

Same thing exactly for me this arvo.Scared the crap out of me, then fixed itself completely when I left it alone while I cooked dinner.
And now, the stereo sounds better. Mmmm, delicious placebo!? Maybe, but certainly sounds good!

I thought I was imagining it after having read comments from US owners but apparent confirmation that the update includes Audio DSP changes so there does seem to be an improvement in sound quality. For me, specifically Dolby Surround on a UHD system listening to a familiar album - Billy Cobham’s Spectrum - high resolution FLAC on USB. With some adjustment of the settings (fader -8 to the rear), the audio now seems more dimensional around the cabin.