Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's interesting.
  • I had a VIN NF3789xx assigned on 2/9 which "left" production on 2/12 and was an INTEL MCU according to SA. I rejected.
  • Just a moment ago I got a new lower VIN NF3783xx in the same range after releasing order hold on 2/16 after SA confirmed that all builds are now with AMD MCU again. Let's see... It's my last chance. I cannot reject or hold again.
MYLR5, blue/black, 19”, tow, FSD. OD 9/19

I think the running speculation is anything built week of 2/6-2/12 was with Intel (MYP for sure, mixed MYLR). Anything outside of that week is AMD. I'd ask when the build day is on your new VIN.

That's interesting.
  • I had a VIN NF3789xx assigned on 2/9 which "left" production on 2/12 and was an INTEL MCU according to SA. I rejected.
  • Just a moment ago I got a new lower VIN NF3783xx in the same range after releasing order hold on 2/16 after SA confirmed that all builds are now with AMD MCU again. Let's see... It's my last chance. I cannot reject or hold again.
Was your first rejection through a hold or you had them release the VIN? I had them hold my order in January. I think I’m in the same boat too as far as no more hold or rejection since my order was in August and got unlucky with a F380XXX Intel.

I think the running speculation is anything built week of 2/6-2/12 was with Intel (MYP for sure, mixed MYLR). Anything outside of that week is AMD. I'd ask when the build day is on your new VIN.
My 2/13/22 build is AMD, per 3 SAs, including my local. Delivery is not until 3/2 so I wont know for sure, but it is possible there was an odd week of Intels due to a late intel shipment or chip shortage, or whatever.

Was your first rejection through a hold or you had them release the VIN? I had them hold my order in January. I think I’m in the same boat too as far as no more hold or rejection since my order was in August and got unlucky with a F380XXX Intel.
I had a NF3777xx VIN they told me was built on 02/10 headed for S. Jersey with the Intel on board. MYP Blue, black w/tow. I am on hold waiting for my app to update with a new EDD. 🤤

I had a VIN matched in Dec. which I rejected and placed order on hold since I wasn't ready. When I placed my order in Sept. 2021 EDD was March 2022.
Then I got an INTEL VIN matched early Feb. which I also rejected and the SA put my order on hold for one week. Shortly after I got my order cancellation warning email and SA warned me that it was my last rejection, after they would cancel the order.
My biggest challenge is the delivery timing. I travel a lot and now you go figure...

Is everyone still claiming 'confirmed' as AMD or Intel based on what SA's advise? Why? To debunk the speculation that MY's built 2/6-2/12 were Intel - my rejected MYLR came off production 2/7 and was AMD. How able people use 'confirmed' based on visually seeing what the cars are equipped with on the info screen. :rolleyes:
I agree. I have been saying all along:
personally check the configuration before making a final decision;
Do not trust SAs, since most of them are clueless;
Tesla had, has, and will pull tricks out of its ...

That's interesting.

My is 378517, just to get very granular about it. Also, try as I might I can't find anything wrong with it. I've been conditioned to expect terrible delivery quality but I just can't find anything to get worked up over. At first I thought maybe the rear hatch could use an alignment when I took delivery but now I really can't get worked up over it and fear trying to get that adjusted would cause more harm than good. It is off by no more than 1/8" if that.

So hope yours comes in as an AMD as well and with similar quality!

I did take off the front cowling and verified the new battery. Didn't feel like digging further to verify heated wiper park, I'll wait for the software update for that, but as I understand it those three things are bundled. (AMD, new battery, heated wiper park)

My is 378517, just to get very granular about it. Also, try as I might I can't find anything wrong with it. I've been conditioned to expect terrible delivery quality but I just can't find anything to get worked up over. At first I thought maybe the rear hatch could use an alignment when I took delivery but now I really can't get worked up over it and fear trying to get that adjusted would cause more harm than good. It is off by no more than 1/8" if that.

So hope yours comes in as an AMD as well and with similar quality!

I did take off the front cowling and verified the new battery. Didn't feel like digging further to verify heated wiper park, I'll wait for the software update for that, but as I understand it those three things are bundled. (AMD, new battery, heated wiper park)

Definitely, I'm committed now. Delivery scheduled for Friday, 2/25. Even if it comes with Intel, I'm thankful Tesla tried to accommodate my requests. I'm exited regardless. Will keep you all posted.

Just to add a datapoint, I initially received NF377XXX and was told that it was an Intel Atom. I rejected the VIN and they reassigned me to another VIN a few days later NF377YYY (different VIN.) I again was told it was an Intel Atom process by chat but my SA told me it was AMD. I had to take delivery anyway due to other reasons and got it on Sunday. It was an AMD processor.

Just to add a datapoint, I initially received NF377XXX and was told that it was an Intel Atom. I rejected the VIN and they reassigned me to another VIN a few days later NF377YYY (different VIN.) I again was told it was an Intel Atom process by chat but my SA told me it was AMD. I had to take delivery anyway due to other reasons and got it on Sunday. It was an AMD processor.
Yeah, it seems some of the LR 377xxx were AMD, but every P I've seen with a 376-379 VIN has been Intel. Gratz on the car!

Reactions: Nordo
Sorry for my previous post (wtf?)

Anyway M Y P ordered 2/5 N38067X haven't yet picked up; due to pick up 2/27. What I got:
A) messaged SA - says I have intel
B) Called Sales - says I have intel according to garage software
C) Called showroom where I am to eventually pick up - says they received an email stating any M Y manufactured after 1/26 get the AMD and so should I
D) messaged SA back asking 'you sure?'
E) SA Says yes
F) I then told them about the email from showroom; says "oops yep AMD" (they are smug and dumb and overworked)
G) 2 weeks later asked about heated wipers and spoiler (cause of Canadian spoiler shortage rumor?) And said should have spoiler since its a P, li battery unknown, and re-iterated yes to AMD.
H) Asked showroom again about the intel/amd confusion and said "yea dont go by the garage software its inaccurate"

Fyi I spoke with some dude on YouTube who picked up his MYP this past saturday - states he got li 12v, heated windshield, amd, but no rear double-pane glass fwiw.

I will post goodies 2/27 cheers and good luck everyone!

Sorry for my previous post (wtf?)

Anyway M Y P ordered 2/5 N38067X haven't yet picked up; due to pick up 2/27. What I got:
A) messaged SA - says I have intel
B) Called Sales - says I have intel according to garage software
C) Called showroom where I am to eventually pick up - says they received an email stating any M Y manufactured after 1/26 get the AMD and so should I
D) messaged SA back asking 'you sure?'
E) SA Says yes
F) I then told them about the email from showroom; says "oops yep AMD" (they are smug and dumb and overworked)
G) 2 weeks later asked about heated wipers and spoiler (cause of Canadian spoiler shortage rumor?) And said should have spoiler since its a P, li battery unknown, and re-iterated yes to AMD.
H) Asked showroom again about the intel/amd confusion and said "yea dont go by the garage software its inaccurate"

Fyi I spoke with some dude on YouTube who picked up his MYP this past saturday - states he got li 12v, heated windshield, amd, but no rear double-pane glass fwiw.

I will post goodies 2/27 cheers and good luck everyone!
Good luck and congrats on the pickup. No US cars have gotten rear double pane glass btw