Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some customers are getting offer of $7500 off + 10k free miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Text from Tesla:
Should you proceed with picking up your new vehicle between now and December 31, 2022, you will receive a $7.500 price adjustment from Tesla. This will reduce the overall cost of your vehicle, regardless of your payment type. This adjustment will be applied to your order automatically and will reflect by your scheduled pickup date. Thank you!
Got it, 7500 off…

My order is on hold, what guarantee do I have if I remove the hold hoping to take delivery by 12/31? It's also possible that there won't be a vehicle ready, right? Unless I want to take delivery of an inventory vehicle.
You have to check the inventory and before you order it, check with your advisor to make sure they will match it to your profile. They did it for me at the lower price point that I had. I had a 2nd vin arriving in January and I ordered the same exact configuration yesterday and went in today and they swapped it for me. I am picking it up next week!

So I have a model Y LR AWD I ordered in Feb 2022 at a $3000 discount from current price. Originally scheduled for Feb 2023 delivery. Order in hold. Should I / could I unhold the delivery / take delivery by Dec 31 2022 and get Feb 2022 pricing ($3000 less) with additional $7500 off and 10k supercharger miles? Or just wait ... I will qualify for federal 2023 us tax rebate. Thoughts?
Yours is ONLY $3k less from the current price? That is the exact price as mine and I ordered in late march. Are you sure yours is not less? I rather have the money off the point of sale versus wait a full year for a possible discount..

I am taking delivery of a 2023 MYLR5 MSM/Blk on 12/24. I just saw the news of the $7500 discount. Someone had mentioned to check your MVPA and sure enough the $7500 discount was there! Awesome since I would not qualify for next year's tax credit
Bingo! That is why the discount ends on 12/31. If you will not get the tax credit you should be buying one now. If demand was really down there would be parking lots full of Teslas waiting to be assigned to purchasers. Where are they hiding them. Still buying stock also. If anyone remembers the stock "crash" of the '80's on Friday then on Monday morning everyone woke up and said gee, Boeing still has orders for planes and they still have their factories, Factories are still making goods and all the facilities are still in place; The market went back up like never before. Patience.

Reactions: wtlloyd
It doesn't to me either, but I'm not an industry expert like Munro is. I just spent ten minutes to try to find the interview of him saying that. Still searching. Either way, the cost of making a Y is in the neighborhood of the high 30's. If Tesla had the same gross margin as Toyota and most of the others, they'd still make money at $40K for the Y and $35L for the 3.

When the Chinese companies start selling EV's in numbers in North America (and they will), Tesla is in trouble. Look at the production numbers of BYD and their market cap lately, then compared to Tesla. Then to Toyota, GM and Ford. You can buy a decent $25K EV in many parts of the world right now. Ahead of Tesla by many years already. There is a paradigm shift happening.
I ain’t buy a Chinese company’s car (Or a Russian car). Furthermore the US may not allow Chinese imports, and if it does there will be a big tariff on it!

Reactions: wtlloyd
Dang! They must have a crapload of cars in stock to unload! I got $3,750. OK- I'm happy with that, but geez! It should be a buying frenzy. Right? Maybe not. If $3,750 didn't work, then if 10K SC miles didn't work, then let's give them a deal worth almost $9,000. And if that doesn't? Are people just not buying cars? Still no word if the tax credit will be $3,750 or $7,500. And now the U.S. won't decide that until the second Q of 2023. I have to think that Tesla might be getting kinda worried about their stock price slide and what Musk might be up to, and what their 4Q delivery numbers are amounting up to. In China, the delivery stats are turning rather bleak. Employee layoffs looming in two of three countries, hiring freezes and shifts being reduced. I'm glad I have my Y now, but I think we're only looking at very the beginning of much greater price reductions, all around to spur some demand. Sandy Munro is predicting Model Y prices could get as low as the high 30K range before long if Tesla sees mounting price competition worldwide.
The company is floundering, Elon wasted his time appeasing Nazis, supremicists and outright lying sacks of you know what. And now he told an ex employee it needs to be re-written? Thousands of lines of code and many man years of work and it needs to be re-written? He is absolutely nuts Aspergers or not.
And if they really start to collapse forget about getting your car repaired at the service center. Still waiting on 2 recalls

The company is floundering, Elon wasted his time appeasing Nazis, supremicists and outright lying sacks of you know what. And now he told an ex employee it needs to be re-written? Thousands of lines of code and many man years of work and it needs to be re-written? He is absolutely nuts Aspergers or not.
And if they really start to collapse forget about getting your car repaired at the service center. Still waiting on 2 recalls
Need a tissue?

Yours is ONLY $3k less from the current price? That is the exact price as mine and I ordered in late march. Are you sure yours is not less? I rather have the money off the point of sale versus wait a full year for a possible discount..
Looks like I was confused on my own order date. I ordered May 2022, not Feb 2022. So my order price was 62,990 + dest / doc / order fee.

Reactions: Happy Hippo

Wow. That's a deep dive there. While I do think Elon is ready for admission to the loony bin, I want to trust that the BOD of Tesla will know when it is time to throw Mr. Musk's towel in and boot him the he** out of the company for good. We may be getting close. But I don't share in the doom and gloom of placing candles and flowers at Tesla & Co.'s grave site just yet. There's enough going on that is good, with or without Mr. Musk's input, that I believe Tesla will survive for quite some time. Delorean is still a thing, and what now, 30+ years? And he himself is long dead.

• Disagree
Reactions: voip-ninja
It's not quite worth $2500. 10K miles equals about 3300 kWh, which are priced differently based on the time of day the charging is done. Maybe an average price is about 30 cents per kWh? 3300 x 30 cents is about $1,000 or so...
.30 cents is cheap, the average where I live is .42 cents and higher so where did you get 3300kwh? If I used 4400kwh x .42 cents =$1848. I am still trying to find a video on how to better understand KWh.

It's not quite worth $2500. 10K miles equals about 3300 kWh, which are priced differently based on the time of day the charging is done. Maybe an average price is about 30 cents per kWh? 3300 x 30 cents is about $1,000 or so...

The Model Y’s rated kWh/mile is about 0.25, so 10k miles is the equivalent of around 2,500 kWh. Peak supercharging can be 70 cents per kWh. So this is worth perhaps $1,750. You can round this to $2k, and it would be the absolute max. Still pretty nice.