Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Sig X owners have scheduled delivery dates in December 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X won't arrive in 2015. Received this email from my DS today:

"Thank you again for your continues patience as we work to deliver the very first Model X. At this stage, we can expect your Model X to be ready for delivery in the second or third week of January.

I will be able to confirm a more precise date in early January."

FarmerDave, we know how you feel. This is what we are hearing from our DS.

"I imagine your delivery might linger into the new year and be delivered 1/6 or later (we are closed from 1/1-1/5). I will be sure to update you as soon as I see your Model X land in Santa Barbara!"

I guess neither one of us made the A list for deliveries.

Ron
SigX VIN #484

Yep. With the seats forward there's a 10" gap between the seat backs and the end of the rear cargo 'shelf' and there is a drop from that shelf to the floor level. More than 10" of space on the floor because the middle seats are tilted forward and the monopoles the sit on are fully forward. But I didn't get detailed measurements there at the reveal. Also don't know the height of that cargo shelf from the seating floor to the shelf.

Thanks, went back and saw some of your measurements from 9/30. Seems like you were doing some basic work that TESLA should have done and provided :) But as to the actual setup I have to ask what the heck were they thinking. Such limited cargo space makes the X more of a large hatchback and not much more cargo room than a S :(

Thanks, went back and saw some of your measurements from 9/30. Seems like you were doing some basic work that TESLA should have done and provided :) But as to the actual setup I have to ask what the heck were they thinking. Such limited cargo space makes the X more of a large hatchback and not much more cargo room than a S :(

X has more cargo room with 5,6 and 7 passengers and less than S with 1 or 2.

X has more cargo room with 5,6 and 7 passengers and less than S with 1 or 2.
Just seems weird to not have more cargo room in all configurations of a bigger class of vehicle. I definitely need to wait to see one before committing. I originally thought those nice big FWDoors would be great for loading stuff in from the side, now not so sure.

Just seems weird to not have more cargo room in all configurations of a bigger class of vehicle. I definitely need to wait to see one before committing. I originally thought those nice big FWDoors would be great for loading stuff in from the side, now not so sure.
This has been a hotly debated topic right around the launch. I thought the conclusion had been that while there is less "surface area" in a Model X with the second row all the way forward and third row folded compared with a Model S with back seats folded, but that the overall storage capacity was still quite a bit bigger because of the additional height (not to mention the bigger frunk). So for those transporting sheets of plywood (or scuba equipment for two with a desire to have the gear in cement mixing tubs so the car stays dry), the Model X may in fact be a step back. But for practical purposes it should be fine.
Oh, and I can't wait to take pictures of a Model S and Model X side by side, all doors open, all seats out of the way, to make a more visual comparison happening...

side by side pictures doors open

Oh, and I can't wait to take pictures of a Model S and Model X side by side, all doors open, all seats out of the way, to make a more visual comparison happening...[/QUOTE]

+++++ this

Someone should do the ping-pong ball test and count how many they can fit in each car. I'm sure the volume of the X will be a lot larger...but I believe the S will still win when it comes to length of cargo area.

For those that are in the ping-pong ball business or enthusiast it should be the greatest car. :smile:

I agree that the S seats are much more versatile. X is a better people mover. This includes ingress/egress too.

Oh if we could just have it both ways.:love:

For those that are in the ping-pong ball business or enthusiast it should be the greatest car. :smile:

I agree that the S seats are much more versatile. X is a better people mover. This includes ingress/egress too.

Oh if we could just have it both ways.:love:
I will add that the X is a better pet mover as well. We have a loaner S at the moment and had to put half the back seat down to accommodate our two dogs (GoldenDoodle & Labradoodle), which limited the back seat to one passenger so we had to leave our daughter at home (with grandma). With the X, we could have both 2nd row seats occupied (we have a six seater) and the dogs can be in the back or can come forward between the 2nd row seats.

I will add that the X is a better pet mover as well. We have a loaner S at the moment and had to put half the back seat down to accommodate our two dogs (GoldenDoodle & Labradoodle), which limited the back seat to one passenger so we had to leave our daughter at home (with grandma). With the X, we could have both 2nd row seats occupied (we have a six seater) and the dogs can be in the back or can come forward between the 2nd row seats.
When you get around to that: second row seats occupied and two large dogs inside could you take a picture and share it? Thanks

Lower maximum cargo space is due to 2nd row seats not folding. If you are willing to overlook that, they are reportedly more comfortable than most 2nd row seats plus, through their monopole design, they offer more leg room for 3rd row occupants.