Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spontaneous Crack in Glass Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a M3 on Friday. Was out of town for easter, so the car was sitting idle for 4-5 days parked outside in California, besides a lot of pollen there was no extreme temps during this period. When got in the car this morning, there is a 14" long crack in the sunroof. I used one of the detailed delivery check-lists and I explicitly looked for stress fractures in the roof and everything was fine.

So far impressed with support. Have a drop off appointment 2pm tomorrow.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180404_084902_exported_6181100902778743692.jpg
    MVIMG_20180404_084902_exported_6181100902778743692.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 559
Picked up a M3 on Friday. Was out of town for easter, so the car was sitting idle for 4-5 days parked outside in California, besides a lot of pollen there was no extreme temps during this period. When got in the car this morning, there is a 14" long crack in the sunroof. I used one of the detailed delivery check-lists and I explicitly looked for stress fractures in the roof and everything was fine.

They'll take care of it. I had the same thing and the replaced it within 24 hours. I thought given that you just picked it up your car that they would have already solved for the issue....curious to see if many others with recent delivery will see the same.

Looks like a stress crack.

True, but in my limited experience it’s never the same as what comes out of the factory.... on the other hand, maybe it will be better:oops:
I totally agree... production quality and service repair quality is never the same... usually due to the people doing the service (dealership service dept or independent mechanic) come from different training backgrounds (hence the inflated cost of "factory trained technicians"). Tesla has a chance to bridge the gap between the two since the guys doing the service repairs are all being trained by the manufacturer... at least for now.

• Helpful
Reactions: DR61