Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify and Hulu included in 2019.32.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any info on the data limit? I'm ass-uming if you hotspot your phone then it wouldn't count against your limit and you'd be good to go.

Will Spotify count against your limit or will it be via Bluetooth from your phone?

It'd be wonderful if we could choose our cell signal provider and pay our own way, AT&T is horrible in Colorado Springs, CO...

Reactions: Ulmo
Which version?
The public version of V10 rolling out today is firmware version 2019.32.10.
According to Elon's Tweet earlier today, V10 is rolling out today for all of those in the US with FSD option and "advanced download" selected in vehicle software settings.
I can't keep up with what I'm supposed to have.
You can track the firmware install status of the Tesla fleet on TeslaFi.
Should I have the Tesla app that now opens the windows on the car? Should I not?
To use Smart Summon and the new window venting feature, you need the V10 update in your car AND version 3.10.0 of the Tesla App on your phone. The new Tesla app has apparently rolled out to iOS users, but not Android yet.
Should I call Tesla support? Should I not?
No.
What happened to Youtube?
YouTube is still part of Tesla Theater in the V10 update (see screenshot from the OP).

Last edited:
The public version of V10 rolling out today is firmware version 2019.32.10.

According to Elon's Tweet earlier today, V10 is rolling out today for all of those in the US with FSD option and "advanced download" selected in vehicle software settings.

You can track the firmware install status of the Tesla fleet on TeslaFi.

To use Smart Summon and the new window venting feature, you need the V10 update in your car AND version 3.10.0 of the Tesla App on your phone. The new Tesla app has apparently rolled out to iOS users, but not Android yet.

No.

YouTube is still part of Tesla Theater in the V10 update (see screenshot from the OP).

Most of my questions were rhetorical. I knew the answers... except for the one about youtube - because the youtube app was right next to the Netflix app in theatre. There was a pic posted here.

It was a side-eyed complaint.

Based on the description for how the sharing would work ("share the video *link*"), I think this is only going to work with whatever apps end up shipping with the Theater feature. So you'd be able to pull up a Netflix video on your phone and share the link to it with your car and it would start playing in the car. But it's not going to be something like AirPlay where you can share almost any video or mirror your screen.

The guy who posted these screenshots claims he is not in the early access program.

Likely a CYA, given the NDA. He prob is inferring that this is his “friends” car.

Hulu is included with Spotify Premium, so guessing the app is included because there are more paying customers than nonpaying customers.

Bummer. Your post got me excited, but it looks like the bundle is not longer available. From the Spotify site:

"Note: It's no longer possible to sign up to the Premium and Hulu $9.99/month deal. Students can still get access to Hulu's ad-supported plan and SHOWTIME (see below)."

Will Spotify be available for us SR+ "partial premium" dirver ? Pretty please?

So apparently, yes and no.

Introducing Software Version 10.0

Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars.

So... On one side, we'll have Spotify, but only on Wifi... I guess we could leave the car connected to the phone... Not the best user experience, as Spotify is the one thing you want when driving (compared to theater). I'm curious to see how it will actually work... I guess it could be worst? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Actually, if the car doesn't cache music, it might consume a lot of data using wifi from the phone, compared to Spotify on my phone, which cache music & have my favorite music saved on my phone...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
As much as this is a fun thing, - let's be honest - nobody in their right mind is using this in a busy parking lot with cars and pedestrians everywhere. It's way too uncertain, way too unpredictable in terms of path-finding, and cutting through parking spaces is a massive no-no.
I can't believe it is being released into the wild in this stage.

If your car runs over someone in summon who is liable, you or Tesla?

Based on the warning about staying in visual line of sight and being ready to stop, I'd say you'd be responsible.

will you have to sign in to your spotify account each time you get in car or just once the first time then good to go?

Just once, like if you sign into Slacker using a premium account instead of using the built-in Tesla account. It’d be really annoying if you had to login each time you got in the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng