Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Car Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking to my Tesla Rep at the Bristol branch he said that the newer SR+'s come with Car Mats. He can't tell me however whether my SR+ that is sitting in Southampton which arrived last weekend (GLORIOUS LEADER ? I think) has them though. Anyone else getting their SR+ this week or next week confirm? thanks

I have been told (by my personal contact at a dealer on 20th April) that they had just had an email telling them SR+ would all have mats. (Not retrospectively applied)
I suggest that if your car doesn’t have them in when you collect, you insist dealer fits them (at no cost to you of course) and see what happens.
What I can’t tell you is when the mats get put in the car, I doubt it’s China, more likely to be Southampton along with number plates etc so hopefully they will be in your car😁

Only the Premium Interior on LR and Performance have them listed as a standard option in the configurator so if you do get them take it as a bonus. If you need to buy afterwards, thankfully Tesla now do sell them and are likely to be available from a service centre - best to arrange in advance before making a special trip as not all service centres are equal and open for parts.

1620916981801.png1620917007307.png

Agree they are not listed and still are not (just checked) and for some reason they are still saying delivery in May (not very likely now!)
We have anecdotal evidence from Tesla reps in showrooms that the new batch of SR+s should have them so cross fingers I guess. :)

Only the Premium Interior on LR and Performance have them listed as a standard option in the configurator so if you do get them take it as a bonus. If you need to buy afterwards, thankfully Tesla now do sell them and are likely to be available from a service centre - best to arrange in advance before making a special trip as not all service centres are equal and open for parts.

View attachment 661908View attachment 661909
Agreed (AFA configurator shows) but Tesla don't list a full detailed spec (like "proper" car manufactures:rolleyes:) the cynic in me tells me that allows them to potentially deny and reject claims to anything they have not committed to black and white.
Lets be honest, the configurator tells you what model, colour and wheels you can choose, sometimes, a towbar and not a lot else.
A bit like growing mushrooms really, you know the saying... kept in the dark and fed bull****
I say that, as that's exactly what they did to me!
They told me one thing then tried to wriggle out of it on such a technicality.
I've said it before, sadly my experience is that the cars are great, the company is absolutely NOT to be trusted AT ALL.
Having said that, I really hope @Puzuk gets his mats :)

Reactions: Puzuk
Lets be honest, the configurator tells you what model, colour and wheels you can choose, sometimes, a towbar and not a lot else.

But it does specifically say that the LR and Performance gets the mats and the SR+ doesn't have them listed. I think its a pretty safe bet that Tesla would simply use that as a response and imho it would be a fair one. Exactly the same argument as SR not having heated rear seats or heated steering wheel. I think they are all pretty clear omissions from the SR spec that are included in LR/Performance spec.

Great if spec is changing and mats do unexpectedly come with the car, but tbh, if it doesn't come with them then I don't think its even worth mentioning. Certainly not to "insist dealer fits them (at no cost to you of course)". Best to leave those occasions when there is a genuine issue that needs sorting.

I suggest that if your car doesn’t have them in when you collect, you insist dealer fits them (at no cost to you of course) and see what happens.

But it does specifically say that the LR and Performance gets the mats and the SR+ doesn't have them listed. I think its a pretty safe bet that Tesla would simply use that as a response and imho it would be a fair one. Exactly the same argument as SR not having heated rear seats or heated steering wheel. I think they are all pretty clear omissions from the SR spec that are included in LR/Performance spec.

Great if spec is changing and mats do unexpectedly come with the car, but tbh, if it doesn't come with them then I don't think its even worth mentioning. Certainly not to "insist dealer fits them (at no cost to you of course)". Best to leave those occasions when there is a genuine issue that needs sorting.
So not getting what you have been told you will get is not a genuine issue? this is a circa £45k purchase, I like to know I am getting (what I have been told either verbally or in writing) what I am told I will get, to me that's a genuine issue. Its a matter of fact and clarity.
Where does it say that SR+ doesn't have a heated steering wheel, or for that matter that a LR or P does? (forgive me if I've missed finding it)
It clearly shows that for SR + the heated rear seats are a £300 add on in the app. so that's clear.
A "clear omission" is not at all the same as a clear statement in my book! I don't want to read between the lines and guess what might not have been said, I want clear concise information when I am making a decision as to what to spend my money on, based on the information presented to me.
An omission is an omission.. no ifs no buts, if Its included SAY SO, if it's not included don't leave us guessing whether it is or it isn't..
"honest" car manufacturers seem to follow the format of base spec followed by a statement regarding higher specs similar to " as per base model, plus xxx" or words to that effect. Tesla seem to play this guessing game and when challenged find excuses not to be "guilty as charged" or in my case effectively say prove it or put up with it.
Not the way to do business IMHO
Maybe you are content to put your bank card in a cashpoint and get X deducted from your account but only be supplied with Y (where Y is less than X!)
I am not.
Just look at the continual forum comments along the lines of tesla say "it's within spec" and failures to respond to customers correspondence
Is that Tesla speak for go forth and multiply?
I repeatedly contend, the car is great (with reservations) the company is the direct opposite.

Its in the image for LR that I can see but not the SR. Likewise, heated front and rear seats, in the description for LR but only mentioned in the description for the front seats for the SR.
My point exactly, not at all clear (for SR+) I readily admit, the app, not the description, is clear for the rear seats, but why oh why should we have to guess what we might get for our (not inconsiderable) hard earned dosh? FFS Tesla BE CLEAR please!

Here is the pertinent section from the vehicle configurator - more sections than just interior / comfort.

1620930879657.png

Don't get me wrong, Tesla try and get away, intentionally or not (some is a result of their continuous product development), some pretty dubious practices, but this one is pretty clear info available at point of sale. Maybe its not the same format used by other manufacturers, but a lot of what Tesla does is not the same as other manufacturers.

I was one of the people that called out Tesla on the Premium Connectivity trial/subscription for early LR and Performance orders and we got it put right and whilst Tesla didn't admit any wrongdoing, they did at least fix it for everyone affected, and possibly more. They also did similar, again for early orders, when certain features were removed from the car between order and delivery - items were reinstated for no cost at request of the owner. When officially published specs change now, they have taken to notifying users in advance of the change to give the prospective owner a chance to cancel or amend.

I do not see any foul on Tesla's part in not supplying Interior floor mats on an SR. But if they do come, then great, but there is no fight to be had with Tesla if they do not.

Lets agree to disagree

Last edited: