Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 4 days after your OD and I still dont have any updates. Mine still shows Nov 20- Jan 1 ever since i place my order. By the way where are you picking up car in NJ? Paramus?
I dont know where I am going to pick up the car yet. still waiting on the VIN for now.

For the EDD/updates, I would just wait and keep the paperwork up to date. I think they are undergoing a lot of reshuffling (people ordering, people canceling orders, chip shortage, China ramping up production again), case in point, the change in my EDD.

Received a 5 day window yesterday ! (Sept 11-15) after getting a 2 week last week (Sept 5-19). Still no VIN though but hopefully this is it and it was only a 10 month wait! 🙂

Got the trade in updated today and was pleasantly surprised, almost $7000 more than when first quoted. Definitely going with that as it means $2600 saved on HST and simplicity of not selling private/separate. Plan on applying for financing tomorrow to lock in 30 days before possible rate increase Sept 1.

Ordered Nov 12. RWD, MSM, black interior, aero, no FSD.

The saga of our finally getting our M3 SR LFP!

OK, I’ll bring everyone up to speed. Ordered the M3 SR April 1st. Started getting various EDD dates. We were in AZ (south of Tucson) when the car was ordered and wanted to go to our Cape Cod place. Finally, after seeing all the date movements putting the EDD further and further out we opted to head to the Cape in early June.

Come early August and we were notified the VIN for our car was in! No way we could get back to AZ for the pick-up so we deferred the purchase. The next EDD we were given was sometime around November. No problem.

EDD kept on changing. Finally showing end of August to early September. Figured we’d better head out to AZ, just in case. Left on Wed, August 24th.

TWO HOURS into the FIRST DAY of the six day long trip in our MY we get our latest VIN notice!! You can’t make this stuff up. Did our phone calls on the road for insurance. Had to then opt for a pick-up date, took Monday, the 29th at 3PM (last day, latest hour. It was a three day window.).

So, Monday morning up at 4AM in Gallup NM and headed for Scottsdale AZ. Got to the Tesla site around 10 or so. No hassle with our early showing up.

Car is beautiful. Drives nicely. I drove the M3 and the wife took the MY.

Ordering “stuff” for the EV this evening (floor mats, sun screens, wheel cover thingys, you get the idea).

Anyway, that’s how our little adventure went down.

Best of luck to you who are still waiting.

Rich

Guys, it’s my first Tesla, so I have a question for the more experienced ones out there.

I’m travelling overseas for 2 weeks on October. I was wondering what’s the best thing to do about my M3 which will be inside our indoor garage.

I don’t have a wall connector installed, so I’m still using the mobile connector (which fits my needs just fine at the moment).

The question is:
Should I leave the car unplugged the whole period until I’m back? Or maybe leave it plugged in and setup a charging schedule for a few hours each day?

I would appreciate any tips!

Guys, it’s my first Tesla, so I have a question for the more experienced ones out there.

I’m travelling overseas for 2 weeks on October. I was wondering what’s the best thing to do about my M3 which will be inside our indoor garage.

I don’t have a wall connector installed, so I’m still using the mobile connector (which fits my needs just fine at the moment).

The question is:
Should I leave the car unplugged the whole period until I’m back? Or maybe leave it plugged in and setup a charging schedule for a few hours each day?

I would appreciate any tips!
It is also my 1st Tesla but IMO you should simply leave it plugged-in and leave. It should take what it needs when it needs it.

Reactions: pipestem and fer_
FYSA, new EV tax credit will give $7500 tax credit (for Teslas!) if you get it after 1/1/2023...I'm an M3LR so I'm outside of the 55k price limit, but this applies to folks getting SR+. Do with this what you want, but I thought it could help some people out:

FYSA, new EV tax credit will give $7500 tax credit (for Teslas!) if you get it after 1/1/2023...I'm an M3LR so I'm outside of the 55k price limit, but this applies to folks getting SR+. Do with this what you want, but I thought it could help some people out:

Now i wish my M3 SR comes in late January LOL. My EDD is at Nov 20 - Jan1, I have a feeling mine will change to an early date since im sure there will be a lot of cancelled orders just to get the 7500 credit

I’m

There is a lot of doubt about that conclusion regarding for M3 RWD due to the text below.
  • The majority of battery components need to come from North America and…
  • A certain percentage of “critical minerals” must come form North America or countries with free trade agreements with the US

I’m

There is a lot of doubt about that conclusion regarding for M3 RWD due to the text below.
  • A certain percentage of “critical minerals” must come form North America or countries with free trade agreements with the US
What I heard is that if the battery components are not made or manufactured in the US you will get at least 50% of the $7500 credit since majority of the car is made in the US.

Reactions: Cryptkeeper
I am on day one of my current 2 week EDD window. Aug 29 to Sept 12. My OD was Nov 6/2021. Still no VIN or anything. Model 3 RWD, MSM, Aero wheels, black int, standard Autopilot. Edmonton AB Canada.
Great waking up to a new backwards EDD of Sept 12 - Sept 26. Did Tesla look at the backlog of orders and say screw Canada, let's fill all the USA orders first...? This is becoming increasingly frustrating and taking the excitement out of owning a new Tesla. I'm starting to just not care anymore. And all Tesla can say is to delete the app and just hopelessly wait for a text with a VIN. Yes that was legitimately their advice.

I’m

That rule doesn't go into effect until the Secretary figures out the percentages for the battery materials. The Secretary has until 01/01/2024 to give guidance to the regulations about where the minerals and materials come from. This will not be an easy task and more than likely, a good part of 2023 will allow most North American-made EVs regardless of where the batteries come from, to receive the full $7500!

There are so many question marks around the EV tax credit + the frustration of having to wait for another 3 to 6 months, I do not think even a single person is going to cancel their order.
When the IRS gives out the official list which will more than likely be sometime in November or early December, then you can bet there will be tons of cancelations! Some people don't mind a longer wait if they're guaranteed $7500 back.

Reactions: IndyGopher and v2m3
When the IRS gives out the official list which will more than likely be sometime in November or early December, then you can bet there will be tons of cancelations! Some people don't mind a longer wait if they're guaranteed $7500 back.
Sorry to those hoping for a shorter wait, I wont be cancelling. I would gladly pay an extra $7500 to get mine tomorrow instead of December already as it is.

Reactions: TheRedOx
The saga of our finally getting our M3 SR LFP!

OK, I’ll bring everyone up to speed. Ordered the M3 SR April 1st. Started getting various EDD dates. We were in AZ (south of Tucson) when the car was ordered and wanted to go to our Cape Cod place. Finally, after seeing all the date movements putting the EDD further and further out we opted to head to the Cape in early June.

Come early August and we were notified the VIN for our car was in! No way we could get back to AZ for the pick-up so we deferred the purchase. The next EDD we were given was sometime around November. No problem.

EDD kept on changing. Finally showing end of August to early September. Figured we’d better head out to AZ, just in case. Left on Wed, August 24th.

TWO HOURS into the FIRST DAY of the six day long trip in our MY we get our latest VIN notice!! You can’t make this stuff up. Did our phone calls on the road for insurance. Had to then opt for a pick-up date, took Monday, the 29th at 3PM (last day, latest hour. It was a three day window.).

So, Monday morning up at 4AM in Gallup NM and headed for Scottsdale AZ. Got to the Tesla site around 10 or so. No hassle with our early showing up.

Car is beautiful. Drives nicely. I drove the M3 and the wife took the MY.

Ordering “stuff” for the EV this evening (floor mats, sun screens, wheel cover thingys, you get the idea).

Anyway, that’s how our little adventure went down.

Best of luck to you who are still waiting.

Rich
I have been watching your journey for some time and have been feeling secondhand anxiety for you lol. Glad to see you have finally got your M3 after all the EDDs you were seeing inch closer and closer. Guess it all worked out the way it was supposed to! Congrats!!

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod