Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The saga of our finally getting our M3 SR LFP!

OK, I’ll bring everyone up to speed. Ordered the M3 SR April 1st. Started getting various EDD dates. We were in AZ (south of Tucson) when the car was ordered and wanted to go to our Cape Cod place. Finally, after seeing all the date movements putting the EDD further and further out we opted to head to the Cape in early June.

Come early August and we were notified the VIN for our car was in! No way we could get back to AZ for the pick-up so we deferred the purchase. The next EDD we were given was sometime around November. No problem.

EDD kept on changing. Finally showing end of August to early September. Figured we’d better head out to AZ, just in case. Left on Wed, August 24th.

TWO HOURS into the FIRST DAY of the six day long trip in our MY we get our latest VIN notice!! You can’t make this stuff up. Did our phone calls on the road for insurance. Had to then opt for a pick-up date, took Monday, the 29th at 3PM (last day, latest hour. It was a three day window.).

So, Monday morning up at 4AM in Gallup NM and headed for Scottsdale AZ. Got to the Tesla site around 10 or so. No hassle with our early showing up.

Car is beautiful. Drives nicely. I drove the M3 and the wife took the MY.

Ordering “stuff” for the EV this evening (floor mats, sun screens, wheel cover thingys, you get the idea).

Anyway, that’s how our little adventure went down.

Best of luck to you who are still waiting.

Rich
I've following the saga about your delivery.
I'm glad you're finally taking delivery!!! :)

Reactions: jacobvargas
I have been watching your journey for some time and have been feeling secondhand anxiety for you lol. Glad to see you have finally got your M3 after all the EDDs you were seeing inch closer and closer. Guess it all worked out the way it was supposed to! Congrats!!
Feeling his anxiety..? The guy has a MY already. And got a M3 in 4 months. Meanwhile in Canada we're waiting on orders from Sept 2021. I can't even get into my very first Tesla let alone a second or third like some people. I'm a Tesla fan boy and can barely contain my excitement to get my car. But I keep getting ****ed around on EDD's and the fun and excitement is seriously wearing off by the minute watching all these people get 2022 order deliveries way before us 2021 orders. It's bullshit.

• Disagree
Reactions: Andrometer4
That rule doesn't go into effect until the Secretary figures out the percentages for the battery materials. The Secretary has until 01/01/2024 to give guidance to the regulations about where the minerals and materials come from. This will not be an easy task and more than likely, a good part of 2023 will allow most North American-made EVs regardless of where the batteries come from, to receive the full $7500!
Precise percentages are defined in the bill but validating will still be an issue. I dont' think we can be certain until the feds actually publish the list.
I am not betting on it.

Feeling his anxiety..? The guy has a MY already. And got a M3 in 4 months. Meanwhile in Canada we're waiting on orders from Sept 2021. I can't even get into my very first Tesla let alone a second or third like some people. I'm a Tesla fan boy and can barely contain my excitement to get my car. But I keep getting ****ed around on EDD's and the fun and excitement is seriously wearing off by the minute watching all these people get 2022 order deliveries way before us 2021 orders. It's bullshit.
I feel you... My order was from july 2021.
But in my case the long wait wasn't entirely Tesla's fault. I put my order on hold a few times in the past and the payment portion was not completed until a few months before my delivery.

What is your config? Is your profile complete?

Precise percentages are defined in the bill but validating will still be an issue. I dont' think we can be certain until the feds actually publish the list.
I am not betting on it.

I feel you... My order was from july 2021.
But in my case the long wait wasn't entirely Tesla's fault. I put my order on hold a few times in the past and the payment portion was not completed until a few months before my delivery.

What is your config? Is your profile complete?
Ah gotcha. My profile has been complete for months now and financing was approved and done 6 weeks ago. They also inquired about trades and told them I have none. I am as ready to go as one can be.

I have a super basic configuration.

Model 3 RWD. MSM. Aero wheels. Black interior. Standard autopilot. OD Nov 6, 2021. The only option I added was the color. And I told my SA to open my order to all colors 6 weeks ago now.

Ah gotcha. My profile has been complete for months now and financing was approved and done 6 weeks ago. They also inquired about trades and told them I have none. I am as ready to go as one can be.

Model 3 RWD. MSM. Aero wheels. Black interior. Standard autopilot. OD Nov 6, 2021. The only option I added was the color. And I told my SA to open my order to all colors 6 weeks ago now.
damn 9 months?

Exact same config as mine.
What is your EDD right now? I guess if they asked about the trade in, your delivery must be getting close...

What do you mean by opening your order to all colors? I don't think this is how it works.
At least for me, everytime I asked my SA about colors, I was told that he couldn't just get me any color that became available, I would need to modify my order and potentially delay it even more.

I am not betting on it.
Exactly, but if you were given a due date of 12/31/2023, would you finish your work 1 year in advance? This is the Federal Government we're talking about. I'm certain there will be committees and project coordinators tasked with finding out where the materials are coming from and what percentage is foreign. I would be utterly shocked and amazed if they got the battery list done by 12/31/2022. The Bearded Tesla Guy does a great job explaining the new bill by examining the bill itself.

Exact same config as mine.
What is your EDD right now? I guess if they asked about the trade in, your delivery must be getting close...

What do you mean by opening your order to all colors? I don't think this is how it works.
At least for me, everytime I asked my SA about colors, I was told that he couldn't just get me any color that became available, I would need to modify my order and potentially delay it even more.
Yesterday my EDD was Aug 29 - Sept 12. Today it's Sept 12 - Sept 26. Sure it's another 2 week window. But technically the end of that is 4 weeks away so may as well be a 4 week window.

My SA here opened up colors like if someone can't take delivery or whatever and the config matches mine then they would offer it to me.

Wow... that is disappointing to hear how long you have waited. I was using the term "anxiety" lightly hence the "lol" at the end of the sentence. I just have seen him approach his delivery date while miles away and was curious how it had turned out in the end. I am happy for anyone that takes delivery because all of us are constantly playing a waiting game (some longer than others, such as in your case which sucks..). Just saw that you got another 2 week window, can't believe you are still getting strung along since Nov 2021.. here's to hoping that you'll take delivery sooner rather than later!!

No soup for you!