Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order page was updated and now shows the credit, SA told me we'll file in a refund (as I paid the amount before the credit was applied to my account).

1670262738045.png

Sorry for another question, I’m putting down $5k on my car does that include taxes and fees etc? Or do I need to budget the state sales tax separately. I know the vehicle tax is different and that I need to pay that on my own to get my tag.

There was a miscommunication with Tesla around the insurance for the Model 3 and I lost my Sunday delivery appointment. The Mount Kisco Delivery Center has done their part to make it right by offering home deliver ASAP. They are bringing the Model 3 to me around 6:30 tonight. Still a superior process to the dealership model IMO and I can confirm that the company does work towards giving us a pleasant delivery experience.

My Advice: Even if they don't contact you, if you are less than a week from your scheduled pickup, call them and tell them you want to review and confirm everything is in order. Make sure you have enough time to fix things before your appointment.

OD- 11/09/2022
EDD - 11/26 to 12/24
EDD (Updated) - 12/03 - 12/12
Delivery Ctr - Mount Kisco
TRIM: MSM, Blk Int, 18 Areo
VIN Assigned on 11/21
Insurance Upload
- 11/21
Payment Via Plaid - 11/21
Request to schedule delivery - 11/27
Scheduled Delivery Date - Sunday 12/04 (still in transit)
Re-scheduled to home delivery for Monday 12/05

Order Date: 12/2/2022 in California
Estimated Delivery #1: December 2022 [On 12/2/2022]
VIN Received: 12/4/2022
Estimated Delivery #2: December 9th - December 16th [On 12/4/2022]
Delivery Date: December 11th - December 13th [On 12/5/2022]
Scheduled Delivery: December 11th [On 12/5/2022]

All in all took 9 days from order to delivery over here

There was a miscommunication with Tesla around the insurance for the Model 3 and I lost my Sunday delivery appointment. The Mount Kisco Delivery Center has done their part to make it right by offering home deliver ASAP. They are bringing the Model 3 to me around 6:30 tonight. Still a superior process to the dealership model IMO and I can confirm that the company does work towards giving us a pleasant delivery experience.

My Advice: Even if they don't contact you, if you are less than a week from your scheduled pickup, call them and tell them you want to review and confirm everything is in order. Make sure you have enough time to fix things before your appointment.

OD- 11/09/2022
EDD - 11/26 to 12/24
EDD (Updated) - 12/03 - 12/12
Delivery Ctr - Mount Kisco
TRIM: MSM, Blk Int, 18 Areo
VIN Assigned on 11/21
Insurance Upload
- 11/21
Payment Via Plaid - 11/21
Request to schedule delivery - 11/27
Scheduled Delivery Date - Sunday 12/04 (still in transit)
Re-scheduled to home delivery for Monday 12/05
Did you get the credit?

I canceled my order last month when it was due for a delivery. Now getting txt messages from Tesla about $3750 credit and a potential $4k IL state credit if I order it now for a December delivery. Can I ask them to give me my original order or give my deposit back if I order it again.
I also had a Trade In involve with the original order.

I canceled my order last month when it was due for a delivery. Now getting txt messages from Tesla about $3750 credit and a potential $4k IL state credit if I order it now for a December delivery. Can I ask them to give me my original order or give my deposit back if I order it again.
I also had a Trade In involve with the original order.
If you are in the market for a Model 3 RWD, now is the time to do it while Tesla is willing to move heaven and earth to fulfill orders in Dec.

The Model 3 RWD uses a Chinese battery cell which brings into question whether it would even qualify for the EV Tax Credit and if it did, it would be less than half (?), $3,750. As part of the $3,750 EV Tax Credit, it won't reduce your purchase price at all, it is intended to reduce your tax liabilities when you file around April 2024. If you buy in Dec, the $3,750 would be taken off your purchase price, that speaks for itself.

If it were me, a $250 lost deposit won't be a deal breaker. I don't see any benefit to have your old order number or generating a new one so long as you have delivery in Dec. With that said, Tesla is known to offer incentives in Dec for their year-end. This is the best time to buy as delivery times shorten and there are savings that aren't seen throughout the year.

Yes I got the credit. As long as the Model 3/Y is new and delivered in Dec, you get the $3,750 "referral credit". It comes off the purchase price which is better than the EV Tax credit starting in 2023 that isn't applied at the point-of-sale.
Thank you. Guess I’ll just wait on my account to update. I’m financing through my bank, I had already paid my remaining balance of $90 on 11/20. As of now the credit doesn’t show on my account.