Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont need insurance before they will call to schedule a delivery do I? I can't imagine starting insurance before having a delivery date. Makes no sense to me. Having a Vin I could easily add it to my policy but couldnt give them an accurate start date yet.
I believe you just need to have proof of insurance in order to take delivery and drive off the lot. In NY, you will need to show proof of insurance on the VIN of your new car. California, where I live, only requires proof of insurance... doesn't need to show the actual VIN.

Reactions: tren01t
I believe you just need to have proof of insurance in order to take delivery and drive off the lot. In NY, you will need to show proof of insurance on the VIN of your new car. California, where I live, only requires proof of insurance... doesn't need to show the actual VIN.

Our only option is home delivery. I'm guessing I'll have to get insurance ready for the agreement drafting just prior to delivery