Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...I got my VIN today. I've ordered the NEMA 14-50 adapter I'll need for charging. Also ordered the Quick Bandit front tag mount. I plan on ordering the MAXpider floor mats.

I'm considering getting the OEM Model 3 Mud Flaps. Tesla page says "4x front mud flaps, 2 sets in two different sizes." The Tesla how-to page says "install the mud flap or splash guards." Then later talks about 1st Generation kit and 2nd Generation kit. I'm guessing the kit lets one install longer mud flap or a shorter splash guard? Anyone know? Should I consider another brand?

Took delivery today and I'm just so happy everything went well. This is definitely the most unique experience I've had buying anything tbh. The Tesla delivery person drove it up to our driveway, and I had more than enough time to look everything over. After reading so many horror stories online, I did mentally prepare myself for all the issues I was sure to find, possibly even having to reject the car. It was nothing like that. I'd consider myself to be someone with mild OCD, but I could not find a single defect with the exterior of the vehicle. There was some sticky residue left on the trim, and a bit of dirt. The one "issue" I had is a single small blemish on the inside trim. That was the only thing I felt I needed to photograph and document, but still...not sure it's even worth reporting. Other than that, there were two pieces of tape left on the inside that was kinda weird, but I just peeled them off. That's it. Handed over the check, and he drove off in our trade in vehicle. The whole experience was smultaneously exciting, confusing, amazing, anxiety-inducing, and wonderful. Considering the $1000 price drop and the CVAP grant, it almost feels like a stole it. Even the bank teller was like "This is how much you're paying in total for the car?!" when I was getting the check. 😆

Attachments

• IMG_4725.jpg
    IMG_4725.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4724.jpg
    IMG_4724.jpg
    884.7 KB · Views: 45
I have a vin! I didn't have one an hour ago so it happened sometime between 8:30 and 9:45 p.m. PT.

Haven't gotten the text or email notification yet.
I bet you tomorrow morning you will... It happens all so fast afterwards... Just remember that your key cards are in your glovebox... Open with the button on screen... Lol I couldn't find my keycards until mrs told me to check glove...