Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!
Update: just received my VIN and the prompt to make the final payment (very excited as you all can imagine).

question: does anyone know if one can pay for the car “PRIOR” to delivery? No delivery date; ETA 6/10-6/13

The payment option I’ll be using is physical checks. Please advise if this is an option and/or what happens next. SA sent me the information after Tesla closed for the night.

Got my delivery appointment! I've been on a work trip or I'd have posted earlier. I ordered 5/1 SR+ silver gray metallic, standard everything. Got my VIN 6/1 and had a delivery window that stayed stable at 6/14-6/20.

Then today my trade-in expired so I plugged my current mileage in. Then a couple of hours later I got the text to ask me to schedule my delivery. First available was 6/19 at 3pm so I took it.

I'm excited!

Got my delivery appointment! I've been on a work trip or I'd have posted earlier. I ordered 5/1 SR+ silver gray metallic, standard everything. Got my VIN 6/1 and had a delivery window that stayed stable at 6/14-6/20.

Then today my trade-in expired so I plugged my current mileage in. Then a couple of hours later I got the text to ask me to schedule my delivery. First available was 6/19 at 3pm so I took it.

I'm excited!
Congrats!

have you already made a payment or did they provide you with a delivery date prior to final payment? If so how long after you received the VIN do you received the delivery schedule email/text?

Congrats!

have you already made a payment or did they provide you with a delivery date prior to final payment? If so how long after you received the VIN do you received the delivery schedule email/text?
I think it depends on your state. I don’t have to pay until I pick up. But it says in FAQ, that some states require payment before.

Attachments

• C48BFC07-A95F-4339-98CA-7D3250EB20E2.png
    C48BFC07-A95F-4339-98CA-7D3250EB20E2.png
    606.4 KB · Views: 72
I finally got my VIN tonight, just doing my typical recheck at night and the Tesla Vision prompt was available. I accepted the prompt and the VIN was under my order number.

No Text or Call as of yet - Dates jumped up a day and now shows June 9th - June 14th (it was going up 1 day every day that passed, now it came down a day).

Ordered 4/18 SR+ MSM, White Interior, No FSD

Its getting close........

Santa Barbara is my pickup location...

I finally got my VIN tonight, just doing my typical recheck at night and the Tesla Vision prompt was available. I accepted the prompt and the VIN was under my order number.

No Text or Call as of yet - Dates jumped up a day and now shows June 9th - June 14th (it was going up 1 day every day that passed, now it came down a day).

Ohhhh I hope SOCAL is coming up these next couple of days!!!!

Same with me. Ordered 4/15 M3P (white/white) No FSD. Dates increased each day over the last 3-5 days then tonight I received the emails about VIN and making payment.

However I did not receive the Tesla’s Vision prompt. Nothing on my profile. EDD 6/10-6/13 now. I hope tomorrow brings a projected delivery date. I’d prefer to pay in advance to get the ball rolling if applicable

I’m jealous
Enjoy the car!
I ordered 4/12 and nothing and also pickup in SB

I placed my order 4/10/2021. Basic run of the mill white standard. At that time the estimated delivery was 2-6 weeks. Everything is and has been done on my end including financing terms through Tesla. The only thing left to do is add insurance but ofc I can’t do that yet since I also don’t have a VIN yet. The estimated delivery changes almost daily now on my account. The past two weeks it has changed from 6/7-6/22 , 6/22-6/30 , and the other day I almost had a heart attack seeing 7/7-8/1. As of today though , thankfully, it says 6/22-6/30. I am not too far from the Fremont factory in CA.

Has anyone else ordered around the time I did (4/10/21) and has already got a vin? Or better yet the actual car ?! Lol