Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) I realized I made an error the trip was actually 165 miles so I lost about 30 miles.
Per the charging screen when I left the supercharger I had 210mi range left. Towards the first half I used the charging window screen for an estimate. Towards the latter half I used the mileage estimate towards the battery icon(simply because I was trying to conserve as much as I could so I didn't end up in the boonies at night).

Be sure to learn the Energy Screen, especially the Trip tab. Trip tab works when the on-board navigation system is plotting the route to your destination. Trip tab will show two lines...projected and actual. Makes it easy to determine if you'll meet, exceed or come in below the projection and adjust accordingly.

Change the battery icon to show percentage...it's range estimate is worthless.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
My child has been born! It's a blue. Got a VIN just now and waiting for agreements to be generated. Hope its siblings drop some vins for ya'll too.

Ordered 5/14, blue/white

Fyi on the dashboard everything is the same except the addition of a vin and it changed from "Tesla Model 3" to this:

Capture.JPG

1) I realized I made an error the trip was actually 165 miles so I lost about 30 miles.
Per the charging screen when I left the supercharger I had 210mi range left. Towards the first half I used the charging window screen for an estimate. Towards the latter half I used the mileage estimate towards the battery icon(simply because I was trying to conserve as much as I could so I didn't end up in the boonies at night).
You have to keep in mind, this is similar to trips on an ICE vehicle. You are driving it off the lot with zero calibration to your specific driving mannnerisms or environmental factors.
Once you hit around 400 miles or so, you’ll start to see more accurate mileage as your car will start to understand your situation considerably more accurately.
Losing a few miles here and there is somewhat common as you might brake more on one trip but regen on others or accelerate harder today but softer tomorrow. These should never result in 30 mile losses unless you are flooring it for a week straight after not using the brakes for 400 miles prior and all of a sudden you switch your driving habits entirely.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
For all my DFW people, I was able to talk to someone at a store about early June orders not having a VIN yet but our EDD has tightened and only increasing by one day kind of pattern. He said “we expect early June orders to get VINs early august and delivery mid-end of august!” My EDD is 08/12-08/24 so I’m sure a VIN was coming soon anyways and plus this would fit within my initial timeline of 7-11 weeks. Us early June DFW orders are almost there!!
Awesome. Hopefully this will apply to Austin area too!!

I have a feeling that VIN assignments have to do with whoever pays off first. My friend had placed the order for MY LR via finance in May, with EDD late July. He then switched to cash option and he had it delivered mid July
Possibly but I would be scared that if I had a good rate locked in and I switched to Cash just to get a VIN quicker then switch back to finance after I got the VIN I wouldn’t get the same rate.