Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with a couple of Tesla showrooms today.

Looks like the September EDD for Bay Area folks is about accurate, if you ordered late May/early June. Since they don't work on a 'first come first serve' basis, and on a 'sell as many cars as possible', the SF bay area is literally the last priority for them. East Coast + Canada first, Central US, then finally Nor Cal at the end of quarter. They said the exception to a September delivery would be cancellations that could potentially match with you.

Going to hop off these forums for a bit, the Estimated Disappointment Day is rough, and having to wait 4 months sucks, esp when the initial EDD was supposed to be no later than August, and that's what 'was promised'.

Thinking back to 7 years ago when I did a custom order BMW 228, and my SA would provide me weekly details + access to a website that would show you the status of your car, that day. Even had shipping information when it was loaded onto the Boat from Europe and you can track it like a UPS package, haha. Compare that to Tesla... and yea. Yikes. Double yikes.

Grand scheme of things another month or two isn't bad, but I'm just worried on the long term service of this car. Stories of broken windshields taking months to replace really makes me think I should look elsewhere... But we'll see.

Good luck everyone, hope you all get your cars!

6/1 order date white/white SR+

Based on my experience the last two days, I say definitely call the local center. I was able to get my delivery moved up by two days, over what showed available through the account. They may also be able to expedite you being able to schedule

@bolo1g2 , this was meant for you.
I called. They were no help. Just said to wait for the text from Tesla to pay and then schedule. So I'm waiting...

Spoke with a couple of Tesla showrooms today.

Looks like the September EDD for Bay Area folks is about accurate, if you ordered late May/early June. Since they don't work on a 'first come first serve' basis, and on a 'sell as many cars as possible', the SF bay area is literally the last priority for them. East Coast + Canada first, Central US, then finally Nor Cal at the end of quarter. They said the exception to a September delivery would be cancellations that could potentially match with you.

Going to hop off these forums for a bit, the Estimated Disappointment Day is rough, and having to wait 4 months sucks, esp when the initial EDD was supposed to be no later than August, and that's what 'was promised'.

Thinking back to 7 years ago when I did a custom order BMW 228, and my SA would provide me weekly details + access to a website that would show you the status of your car, that day. Even had shipping information when it was loaded onto the Boat from Europe and you can track it like a UPS package, haha. Compare that to Tesla... and yea. Yikes. Double yikes.

Grand scheme of things another month or two isn't bad, but I'm just worried on the long term service of this car. Stories of broken windshields taking months to replace really makes me think I should look elsewhere... But we'll see.

Good luck everyone, hope you all get your cars!

6/1 order date white/white SR+
I definitely agree with you with the whole bay area things it's a lottery if you live here and if you don't get car by the end of Q3 you have to wait for end of Q4 in the bay area

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Anyone else just filling up their Amazon carts with accessories?

I think I've already spent upwards of $300 so far and I don't even have a VIN yet 😅
700 dollars of mats, vinyl, organizers... lol just itching to press buy. I haven't made any actual purchases because there's a Tesla specialized shop near me.. plus the 2021 vs 2020 fitman things.. want to stay within the 30 day amazon return window.

Reactions: Baytomax
700 dollars of mats, vinyl, organizers... lol just itching to press buy. I haven't made any actual purchases because there's a Tesla specialized shop near me.. plus the 2021 vs 2020 fitman things.. want to stay within the 30 day amazon return window.
Most expensive thing I bought so far was the 3D Maxpider floor mats so I feel you!!

I've been shopping around for ceramic tint as well. Got a couple of quotes and I already decided on the place.

Reactions: Vystery