Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, all through Plaid. I also wanted to pay my down with a credit card so I could get points, but they don’t accept credit cards.

All that said, here it is! Exterior looks great. Some minor scratches and blemishes, but that will be taken care of with paint correction. Panels gaps all look great except the rear tail lights which will need to be adjusted. Still need to check the interior…

View attachment 713808
@Pablocrisp : Where did you take the delivery? I am also in South Bay and have EDD between 9/26 - 9/30.

Reactions: SpeshilT
BAM! Gavel drops, deal is sealed.

WHAT A RIDE! Lol now we can all graduate from this waiting room!!!

And concurring to the "have never driven a Tesla before" part lmao. My friend who took the delivery on my behalf literally judged me for buying a car I have never test driven before. I panicked, forgot about Regen, and was frantically trying to figure out why my car would not move.
well i’m glad i’m not the only one 😂😂😂

happy to finally graduate as it’s been a LONG 2 month journey with friends 💚

also — maybe to make up for the marked up bumper — the new software update with car wash mode, disney+ and the extra 10 miles of range just became available to me! best believe i’m installing pronto 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

also — maybe to make up for the marked up bumper — the new software update with car wash mode, disney+ and the extra 10 miles of range just became available to me! best believe i’m installing pronto 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
Congrats on the new ride. You've earned your Tesla I'm sure. Ive got the same car but I have white seats. I'm familiar with Princeton area traffic especially around rush hour. I picked mine up in Cherry Hill last weekend. My ride back was a Saturday morning drive back home towards the shore with light traffic. You driving a new Tesla for the first time must have been so stressful. Regen braking takes a few rides to get used to. Glad you made it home alive. lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: asquared17

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
🙃Jelly. I don’t have the update yet ugh

New to the forum. Didn't know it existed until today.

I have a Model 3 Standard Range + to deliver Sept 25-30 (after being updated 4 times from the original Sept 15-29).

Two questions, if I'm allowed:

a) Is this car realistically going to deliver within this window?
b) How do I pay the remaining balance until they reach out. Even after they do, their standard ACH transfer will probably take 2-3 days, no?

Any way of paying them before they reach out?
Being in LA and EOQ push, there Is a good chance you will take delivery. You can hand them a cashiers check at time of delivery, but make sure to accept the agreement beforehand so you can unlock the door.

Reactions: SpeshilT
Hi All, thought I would do the same and start a Florida waiting room thread. I purchased my ‘21 Model 3 SR+ on August 15th, 21. Yep, I’m patiently waiting on the infamous update. My 3 has software release 2021.3.106.5. I’m wondering if my release will be updated due to the Tesla Vision camera only system I have.

Also that FSD Beta button, I want it. Where oh where is that button? I keep hearing that driving data and statistics need to be captured for 7 days to “questionably” qualify for the FSD Beta update. Unfortunately, I do not drive mine as often as most. I average around 60 miles total each week, driving 2 to 3 days out of the 7.

So, any others out there with my same scenario, model, purchase time frame with update and/or FSD Beta progress?

They don’t have to receive the payment before vehicle delivery. You can initiate the Plaid transfer literally from their parking lot prior to pick up.

Please don’t pay until you have a concrete delivery day and not until maybe a day prior - things change last minute, especially with the end of quarter rush and you dont want to be without your money if they cannot happen to deliver your vehicle. Getting refunds from Tesla can be a very long process.

good luck!
Great to know. Thank you!

New to the forum. Didn't know it existed until today.

I have a Model 3 Standard Range + to deliver Sept 25-30 (after being updated 4 times from the original Sept 15-29).

Two questions, if I'm allowed:

a) Is this car realistically going to deliver within this window?
b) How do I pay the remaining balance until they reach out. Even after they do, their standard ACH transfer will probably take 2-3 days, no?

Any way of paying them before they reach out?
The big thing is about believing and keeping your fingers crossed! It doesn’t take that long to build a car. If you already have a VIN showing I would say it is highly likely that you will receive your car on or before 9/30. Although if you do not have a VIN at this moment I would say don’t hold your breath.

As always, things could go horribly wrong (which happened to both asquared and myself) since there are many confounding variables in the process.

As to question 2, you will be able to pay your remaining balance when you receive the text/phone call/email which invites you to schedule your delivery. The invitation is initiated when the vehicle is loaded onto a truck bound for your delivery center (DC). The usual payment method is ACH via Plaid. I would reach out to your DC prior to your appointment if you opt to pay for the balance using a check (I have heard that some DCs even accept personal checks. As always, check with the DC first).

After you scheduling the appointment, your car will arrive at the DC for QC inspection and then subsequently delivery. Failing the QC check could lead to delays in delivery (mine was delayed for a week due to exterior cosmetic damages).

I hope this answers some if not all of your questions. Welcome to the forum and drive on!

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
Wow! I’ve had mine a few weeks and still no software update. What was your range at delivery and what is it now?? Congratulations!

SA was able to apply the $100 to the new car. Was a piece of cake. I would not cancel the other order. I let them do that when they moved the $100…
Mine was applied to the purchase price as a “referral credit.” It is a $250 credit as I reserved after the increase in the reservation fee.

Attachments

• 59DF14FB-C2CD-4E79-8D3E-69718AC54649.jpeg
    59DF14FB-C2CD-4E79-8D3E-69718AC54649.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 78
IRON SPOTS SHORTLY AFTER DELIVERY

This is more of an “immediately after delivery” item rather than than a “waiting room” item, but I thought those waiting for cars might want to look out for this.

A few days after I took delivery of my white SR+ (LFP), I decided to wash it. After the wash, I found thousands of iron spots on the horizontal surface of the trunk, the upper portions of the rear quarter panels (which are somewhat parallel to the ground), the painted surface along the glass roof, and some on the hood.

Luckily, I knew what it was and did not panic. I bought some iron remover and treated the affected areas multiple times, rinsing well between. After trying a Meguiar’s product (which worked reasonably well), I used an entire bottle of Iron X. If any of you have experience with Iron X, most times it requires only one or two treatments. I attach a close up photo of part of the trunk lid showing the spots, and a photo after the first application of iron remover. It turns color on contact with iron deposits. I think I got nearly all of them. I may treat again next time I decide to wax.

I was told that my car was transported from California to Florida partly by rail. I expect it was not well covered and rail dust settled on the vehicle, probably while it was damp. I did not see any spots when I took delivery. I believe a good rain here at home made them more visible. Given the significant dispersion of iron deposits on my car, the fact that it was garaged at home and work, and the very short time after delivery, I doubt this happened on my watch.

It is possible a new owner may not notice this right away, and may never notice it on a darker vehicle. If you run your hand over a wet car after it is washed, you can feel them. If you decide to apply iron remover yourself, I suggest you read the directions and warnings carefully.

Attachments

• 4393D9BB-6007-4B73-A4AE-1A84C12AFC7A.jpeg
    4393D9BB-6007-4B73-A4AE-1A84C12AFC7A.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 8C9C78CB-C8E7-492D-978E-9E9D6E518C2F.jpeg
    8C9C78CB-C8E7-492D-978E-9E9D6E518C2F.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited: