Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my SR+ White/Aero no FSD in NJ yesterday. Had ordered on July 29th expecting to get a 2021 model but ended up with a 2022. the EDD changed about 10-12 times before I got the VIN. I did finance it and was told by my SA that as long as I competed the process of application for loan on Tesla account it had no bearing on delivery. I got a monroney sticker for 2022 model with range 272 but I confirmed that I have a NCA battery. I do have the daily and trip section. My SA told me it’s random and some people are still getting 2022s with NCA. I’m very happy overall, I’m sure there are pros and cons to both LFP and NCA but my commute is so short that I doubt it would have mattered (7mi). The weight is sub 4400s which confirms NCA as well, I wonder if it makes the acceleration a little better.

Picked up my SR+ White/Aero no FSD in NJ yesterday. Had ordered on July 29th expecting to get a 2021 model but ended up with a 2022. the EDD changed about 10-12 times before I got the VIN. I did finance it and was told by my SA that as long as I competed the process of application for loan on Tesla account it had no bearing on delivery. I got a monroney sticker for 2022 model with range 272 but I confirmed that I have a NCA battery. I do have the daily and trip section. My SA told me it’s random and some people are still getting 2022s with NCA. I’m very happy overall, I’m sure there are pros and cons to both LFP and NCA but my commute is so short that I doubt it would have mattered (7mi). The weight is sub 4400s which confirms NCA as well, I wonder if it makes the acceleration a little better.
Interesting to know! IMO they should send all those 2022 NCA to the great white north :)

Congrats. Good to know they are still doing some NCA. i wonder maybe because you ordered back in July. ..Can you please confirm you have heated steering and rear seats? Audio still same as SR+ i am guessing.

Congrats. Good to know they are still doing some NCA. i wonder maybe because you ordered back in July. ..Can you please confirm you have heated steering and rear seats? Audio still same as SR+ i am guessing.
It doesn’t have anything to do with when I ordered, the SA at Tesla store told me it has been 50/50 with 2022 model SR+ variants ordered in July/august. They have had some LFPs and some NCAs. Perhaps this is how Tesla is testing out their LFP variants.

I do have heated rear seats and steering wheel which is so nice to have. The audio is the same as previous year SR+.

Reactions: amit_gunner
Tired of waiting, also locked in lower prices, so difference is less,, still hurts a bit,, but essentially "I WANT IT NOW"! Also, I feel Tesla may push back lower priced bookings once the deluge opens up when the bill is passed. So may be i will have to wait another 2-3 months or more ..
The trade in value of LR+ with 9k miles is close to the current retail price. If the demand for a LR+ is still higher than its supply next year, you can receive one today, swap the car you to a brand new one next year and receive a tax credit. Even if the ev tax credit didn’t happen, you won’t lose anything either.

Reactions: getimti
EDD window is getting closer and narrowing.

Model: M3 SR+, MSM/Black/Aero
Pre-order page said March 2022 delivery. Placed order on 9/20 and got:

EDD as of 9/20: 11/8-12/8
EDD as of 10/20: 12/12-12/31
EDD as of 10/29: 1/30-2/27
EDD as of 10/30: 2/19-3/19
EDD as of 11/1: 12/18-12/31
EDD as of 11/4: 2/13-3/13
EDD as of 11/7: 12/14-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/26-12/24
EDD as of 11/23: 11/30-12/14
VIN: N/A

Reactions: SMIERTC
The trade in value of LR+ with 9k miles is close to the current retail price. If the demand for a LR+ is still higher than its supply next year, you can receive one today, swap the car you to a brand new one next year and receive a tax credit. Even if the ev tax credit didn’t happen, you won’t lose anything either.
except for the sales tax and registration fees on two cars instead of one!

You lucked out. The NCA battery is more expensive for a reason. It offers better overall performance in areas that matter for an EV. The lower weight will give you better handling, shorter braking, less tire wear, faster acceleration, and better efficiency. I also have a short daily commute so the extra 10 miles and durability of the LFP doesn't matter to me. The NCA will already outlast the rest of the car.

Did Tesla ever make you accept changes to the order agreements stating they removed radar (replaced with Tesla Vision) and swapped the battery for the cheaper and slower LFP variant? You can see an example of the agreement in this post. If you never received the battery change notice, then this might be a good way to know what we will get before ever seeing the car.

Does anyone know what Tesla does if customer does not accept the changes to the order agreement? Will they just refund your order fee and cancel the order? Or will you go on a waiting list until they can build the car with parts matching your original order?

The 2021 NCA is 4446 lbs. So if a 2022 NCA is sub 4400 lb, then they must have lighten the car in some other areas. Wonder where. Also wonder if they got 272 EPA miles from the same NCA battery package, and just detuned it to achieve 272 miles & to match the new LFP's 5.8 sec 0 - 60 mph.

Reactions: MR F
got my home delivery RWD white/aero no FSD in Seattle today. OD Aug 20. it is a 2022 model. Are all 2022 model FLP and need to be charged to 100%? is there a way to confirm it's FLP battery? when I clicked on the charging tab, it has a slider moving from 50 - 100%. I asked the guy that dropped off my car what battery does the car has and he said he's not sure lol

got my home delivery RWD white/aero no FSD in Seattle today. OD Aug 20. it is a 2022 model. Are all 2022 model FLP and need to be charged to 100%? is there a way to confirm it's FLP battery? when I clicked on the charging tab, it has a slider moving from 50 - 100%. I asked the guy that dropped off my car what battery does the car has and he said he's not sure lol
If there is no daily and trip settings in the charging limits, then you have lfp according to Tesla manual.

It is getting upsetting for Canadians as no one is receiving any updates except those who have ordered in early August which received their teslas. What gives? I have been waiting since September 1 and I see Americans who ordered their SR+ in October getting theirs before which is deceiving. I know it is easier logistic wise but come on its so annoying to be put last... Has any Canadian, who have ordered in late august, gotten any update whether its an EDD change or an email for tesla vision? Thank
It is getting upsetting for Canadians as no one is receiving any updates except those who have ordered in early August which received their teslas. What gives? I have been waiting since September 1 and I see Americans who ordered their SR+ in October getting theirs before which is deceiving. I know it is easier logistic wise but come on its so annoying to be put last... Has any Canadian, who have ordered in late august, gotten any update whether its an EDD change or an email for tesla vision? Thank
I ordered a SR+/white/Aero on Aug 21st to be picked up in Richmond, BC. The EDD changed many times until a month ago it changed to Jan 3rd - Jan 31st. Haven’t gotten any updates from Tesla 🙁

Reactions: engrbugs
I live in vancouver canada
I ordered MS/aero wheels/ black int on sept 9th
Original edd was nov 14to dec 04
However edd pushed back to jan 14to feb 04
It has been stuck there for one month.
Looks like people ordered after me are already getting their vin number or delivery apointments.
I still have not got vin nor anyupdates yet.
Is this just like because I live in up north?