Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CT resident

SR+ white/white, 19”, EAP.

Ordered on March 17. I just got my tentative delivery date for next Wednesday 3/27 at Mt. Kisco in NY! I am very surprised that I may take delivery just 10 days after placing deposit. Especially considering I live on the east coast and got the white interior. In terms of New England I think I’m the first to get delivery date based on this chat room for white interior. It seem TSLA reallyy wants to get those Q1 numbers in lol. Still no VIN however. Based on previous posts here it seems the VIN comes like 12-72 hours after the delivery date. Now I need to find financing ASAP. But don’t I need my VIN?? Does any one smarter than me know how that all works?

Reactions: Kmartyn
CT resident

SR+ white/white, 19”, EAP.

Ordered on March 17. I just got my tentative delivery date for next Wednesday 3/27 at Mt. Kisco in NY! I am very surprised that I may take delivery just 10 days after placing deposit. Especially considering I live on the east coast and got the white interior. In terms of New England I think I’m the first to get delivery date based on this chat room for white interior. It seem TSLA reallyy wants to get those Q1 numbers in lol. Still no VIN however. Based on previous posts here it seems the VIN comes like 12-72 hours after the delivery date. Now I need to find financing ASAP. But don’t I need my VIN?? Does any one smarter than me know how that all works?

You can shop for a loan without anything. But after you settled down on a loan, then ask to Tesla send your Purchase Order to your loan company.

They won’t accept a personal check (generally) but you can process the final payment via ACH through their website by providing your bank account information.

This does seem to vary a bit though based on which service center you go to and which advisor you work with. I have heard in the past of people paying with a personal check without issue but I was specifically told no personal checks for my delivery tomorrow.
I had no issues paying with a personal check.

Here is something that might interest the readers of this thread:

Bg32BKL.png

The original version looks like this. It was posted here by Reddit user /u/convincemeh [thanks]. I decided to make it easier to read.

so cell streaming/ traffic is only free 1st year for full premium?? if so Makes me glad I skipped MR

I’ve got the same issue with my SR+ running build 2019.05.15... fog lights not an option in menu but they’re physically installed :(

Posted this update in another thread just now:
I went outside just now to check on something and now my SR+ has the fog lights setting and I confirmed it works!! :) I called Tesla Support a few days ago asking why I had no fog light option and the person told me my VIN was not showing that fog lights were physically installed and that I should open a ticket via my online account portal. I went to my online account and created a Tesla support ticket and they just closed it a few hours ago...so for those with SR+ that don't have the fog lights option, you may want to follow this process so that they know to update your VIN and/or software settings. Also - I did not download any software update between the time I opened the ticket and the time that the fog light option showed up, so I'm not sure how they updated my car's settings/software.

• Informative
Reactions: Kmartyn
Posted this update in another thread just now:
I went outside just now to check on something and now my SR+ has the fog lights setting and I confirmed it works!! :) I called Tesla Support a few days ago asking why I had no fog light option and the person told me my VIN was not showing that fog lights were physically installed and that I should open a ticket via my online account portal. I went to my online account and created a Tesla support ticket and they just closed it a few hours ago...so for those with SR+ that don't have the fog lights option, you may want to follow this process so that they know to update your VIN and/or software settings. Also - I did not download any software update between the time I opened the ticket and the time that the fog light option showed up, so I'm not sure how they updated my car's settings/software.

Do you have a toggle option for "immersive sound," as appears on the premium model UIs?

I kept getting a random email and text from Tesla that my information was not populated on my account such as ID, Insurance, etc. I did that the moment i ordered and see it there.

So I called them figuring something is up and he said yea we see it and you have a VIN and the car is in Phoenix awaiting payment to come to you this week.

WHAT?!?!? No call, no email, no nothing telling me its this far in the process. Now I am trying to get financing secured and all that as I expected a good 30-60 days with the white interior and what we have talked about here.

Trust me I am beyond ecstatic at the news but man, shocked! :)

Lesson learned, if in doubt....call. I ordered 3/17 Black/White interior/19in/SR+

I kept getting a random email and text from Tesla that my information was not populated on my account such as ID, Insurance, etc. I did that the moment i ordered and see it there.

So I called them figuring something is up and he said yea we see it and you have a VIN and the car is in Phoenix awaiting payment to come to you this week.

WHAT?!?!? No call, no email, no nothing telling me its this far in the process. Now I am trying to get financing secured and all that as I expected a good 30-60 days with the white interior and what we have talked about here.

Trust me I am beyond ecstatic at the news but man, shocked! :)

Lesson learned, if in doubt....call. I ordered 3/17 Black/White interior/19in/SR+
I had the same set up and ordered on the 12th. Same thing for me, heard nothing, got zero info but saw your post and called. Now I have a VIN and a delivery advisor haha

Reactions: tiggerlu