Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
So I got a text (see below) today stating that my model 3 is tentatively scheduled for delivery on 3/24 at my local Tesla location. It’s asking me to prior to delivery, to login to the Tesla account and complete and submit my delivery profile. What is that? Are they talking about the registration info, insurance info, lienholder info? If so, that’s already done from day 1. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to do some other personal profile submission online.
The online says that they are drafting the contract and will contact me when final payment is ready.

From you guys past experience, when will I see the final contract and the VIN# online? I need those info to notify my loan company so that they can wire the money to Tesla before the delivery date. Thanks guys.

“Your Model 3 delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 3/24 at 2 PM at the Delivery Center. Prior to delivery, please complete and submit your delivery profile at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount”

The "Next Steps" screen will fill up with Loan Agreement and Pay Your Final Balance. You'll also receive an email saying that this is ready when it happens. I got my delivery text at 5:26 PM today and received the email at 7:29 PM.

I got my SR+ delivered today! Aside from a very tiny scratch near the rear bumper, the car is perfect. Went through the whole checklist. It got here a little late, so only got to drive it about 10 miles, but it's the best thing ever. Completely blows my 2012 Leaf out of the water. That 1 pedal driving is really something I'm going to have to get used to. I love it.

Attachments

• 0319192033.jpg
    0319192033.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 96
I'm not sure why your partial premium Model 3 audio system doesn't come with the Immersive Sound because on Tesla's Model 3 ordering page it says partial premium interior is supposed to come with the Immersive Sound. It seems like your M3 has the basic audio system and not the "upgraded audio - immersive sound" system.
I think there are a few software issues - Immersive sound missing being one, and the

In the Toronto area. I ordered Sunday morning and received a March 26 delivery date that evening. My VIN showed up yesterday evening.

I do have a question. When should I contact my insurance company? I see their web site lets me swap out cars via their site but I have to give it a specific date. What if the car is early or late? Should I wait until I have confirmation of some kind?

In the Toronto area. I ordered Sunday morning and received a March 26 delivery date that evening. My VIN showed up yesterday evening.

I do have a question. When should I contact my insurance company? I see their web site lets me swap out cars via their site but I have to give it a specific date. What if the car is early or late? Should I wait until I have confirmation of some kind?

I’m Edmonton and have the same Mar 26 date, although delivery advisor was clear that even though the car is on route that date is extremely tentative.

For insurance, I sent the VIN to my insurance company so they could do up paperwork. When I have a confirmed date of switching vehicles they said to let them know and they’ll take care of it.

Here is something that might interest the readers of this thread:

Bg32BKL.png

The original version looks like this. It was posted here by Reddit user /u/convincemeh [thanks]. I decided to make it easier to read.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Don't forget, this is just the interior. Doesn't account for the longer range and quicker/more powerful car with the SR+. Best $2k you could spend IMO. But the next $3k bump up to Premium seems, well, way too much for what you get.

Placed order(Bay Area) for M3 MSM+Black Interior+19" wheels on 03/05. Received delivery notification for Mar 22. No VIN assigned as yet.

Does Tesla accept personal checks for the due amount, or does it have to be a cashiers check?

They won’t accept a personal check (generally) but you can process the final payment via ACH through their website by providing your bank account information.

This does seem to vary a bit though based on which service center you go to and which advisor you work with. I have heard in the past of people paying with a personal check without issue but I was specifically told no personal checks for my delivery tomorrow.

Great to see some white interiors at least getting some movements and tentative delivery times.

I haven't gotten anything since ordering saturday here in Texas, no VIN, no anything. I am not shopping for financing until I hear anything as I dont want my rate to expire but I also dont want the "delivery is this weekend!" out of nowhere debacle I am seeing.

Said 2-4 weeks estimate but not sure about that.

I got my SR+ delivered today! Aside from a very tiny scratch near the rear bumper, the car is perfect. Went through the whole checklist. It got here a little late, so only got to drive it about 10 miles, but it's the best thing ever. Completely blows my 2012 Leaf out of the water. That 1 pedal driving is really something I'm going to have to get used to. I love it.

Does someone have this list to share? Will be getting mine delivered next week and don't want to miss anything.

Got an email this morning from my non-delivery advisor. Still no delivery date but they want me to fill out power of attorney, odometer statement, and application for registration paperwork and fedex it to them. Yesterday they told me I don't even need to be there for delivery, so i'm guessing no inspection, no walk through of the car/features. With having to fedex the paperwork I'm assuming the car won't even be delivered by a tesla employee, and that any damage to the vehicle is just going to be me getting screwed.
I'm starting to feel like the whole thing is a scam - i know it's not, but this whole process feels shady.

Im in the same boat. Ordered M3 white/white, 19”, EAP on Sunday March 17th. No contact from Tesla aside from an automated text telling me to complete the stuff in my account like registration and financing. I’m not doing anything untill I hear about a VIN or delivery date. I’m in Connecticut.

Im in the same boat. Ordered M3 white/white, 19”, EAP on Sunday March 17th. No contact from Tesla aside from an automated text telling me to complete the stuff in my account like registration and financing. I’m not doing anything untill I hear about a VIN or delivery date. I’m in Connecticut.

If the pattern we’ve seen so far is true, orders with white interiors will come later. How much later? Hard to say.

M3 black / white / 18” - I ordered 02/28, 18 days before you and I’m still waiting. Granted I’m up in Canada, I spoke to someone from my local sales center and they said white interiors are taking longer.

On this forum, we’ve only seen 1 person I think get their white interior car so far, yesterday? So it’s happening...

Dude....you ordered 3 days ago. Lol. Been waiting for my LR in Canada since 2/28

• Funny
Reactions: HelixSpiral