Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirming my SR+ delivery yesterday, 12 days after order. No delivery damage, car seems perfect inside and out. Only glitch so far is that the FM radio sound wasn't working, but a reboot of the MCU fixed that. Note: The damage to the houses across the street is from Hurricane Michael; we're still in recovery mode 5 months later (and a wider shot would show much worse). On the plus side, I would have spent more on an MR in October if the hurricane hadn't hit, but the SR+ really ticks all my boxes so I'm happy and saved some money.

IMG_20190323_092120a.jpg

Reactions: tiggerlu
Picked up my black, black, aero 3 yesterday. I'll try and answer some questions here.

No problems with finish. I do have a fog light toggle option but didnt yet check to see if it works. I can confirm no immersive sound option in UI (sales rep promised to look into it and call me back next week...he was befuddled), and no sound from A pillar speakers. Couldn't hear anything from the rear above the trunk (anywhere else I should look for speakers? Tried to use a referral but because I ordered before the new program started i had no luck. Rep told me my car had HW3 (and that most deliveries this late in March do as well). Have the latest software update 2019.15.5. The car is a dream, love it.View attachment 389779

Not seeing an option to edit or delete my post above. First I've heard of HW3 being on a model 3. Anyway to confirm?

I asked that exact question. He said if it goes in for service they could confirm, wasn't sure how I could do so independently. Anybody have ideas?

Also, have been charging on a 120 and it is getting 5mi/hr, which is higher than I have seen posted elsewhere (started charging at about 50%).

Text from 510 number. Appointment date was 3/29 (SR), now the date is gone online. I can wait until June :)

Our apologies, we will need to reschedule your delivery appointment to a later date.A Tesla representative will reach out when we have a better estimate of your delivery timing.

Last edited:
03/31/16 reservation holder in San Diego.
SR, Blue, Autopilot, Full Self-Driving - ordered on 03/11.
Text message late Friday night (03/22) saying that my delivery appointment was set for 03/29 at 11:30 am at home.
No VIN yet. Got another text an hour ago:

"Our apologies, we will need to reschedule your delivery appointment to a later date.A Tesla representative will reach out when we have a better estimate of your delivery timing."

Called Tesla. Rep didn't see anything about a delayed delivery on my account.

Amazing how everyone how different peoples orders are, I ordered sr+ mainly for the heated seats and more range. I also sprung for the grey, but considered dropping the grey to save the money and go for the mid range black.

Getting a base and paying for the Autopilot and fsd was never a thought.... :)

Of course if money was no object the dual motor long range Autopilot!

Reserved: 3/31/2016
Ordered: 2/28/2019
SR, Grey, Autopilot, Full Auto Pilot

Last Friday, received text re tentative scheduled delivery on 3/29. No VIN number shown on my account.

This afternoon, received text re rescheduling my delivery. Called and was told I need a VIN number first and go from there... :(

I planned on picking up mine but was told no more pickup from its Fremont factory. It probably caused more work for them.

It must be so chaotic over there... and Elon expects every employee out there to deliver its cars!

Took delivery yesterday of SR+, Midnight Silver Metallic, black interior, 19 inch wheels. Ordered 2/28. Odometer said 5 miles. At a Service Center. Overall, I did not like the delivery process at all. Never the same person, calls from random phone numbers proposing delivery a day early, and then a few hours early on the scheduled day, etc. Other chaos as others have described. They kept wanting me gone quickly, even though not that many deliveries going on during the hour and 15 minutes I was there. I had a question about how to transfer tags from my old car, so I could avoid paying twice for registration, but no help. The delivery guy almost put the front plate holder on the car without asking me, but I caught him. Fog lights do not work, no floor mats or frunk mat, satellite maps in daytime, as others have reported. Some panel mis-alignments, a few minor paint defects. I am not happy that the driver door is misaligned inward at the bottom, but I did not refuse delivery or demand a "due bill". Also as some others have reported, the car was delivered with 3 trim clips missing on both rear wheel well liners, easily visible looking over the top of the wheel. So the real wheel well liners are loose at the top. Most of the other new 3's on the lot also had some or all three of these clips missing. The young Service Center technician guessed this might actually be correct, i.e. manufacturing changed their mind and decided the clips are not needed, even though the parts have the holes. I did not think that was plausible so I asked if I could have 6 of the clips and I would pop them in myself, but the technician said they had run out of these clips recently. Also, I forgot to ask for my die-cast model, which I was supposed to get because I had made a first-day reservation. Just sharing some of my experience. Thank you to all on this thread - helpful info!

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
Took delivery yesterday of SR+, Midnight Silver Metallic, black interior, 19 inch wheels. Ordered 2/28. Odometer said 5 miles. At a Service Center. Overall, I did not like the delivery process at all. Never the same person, calls from random phone numbers proposing delivery a day early, and then a few hours early on the scheduled day, etc. Other chaos as others have described. They kept wanting me gone quickly, even though not that many deliveries going on during the hour and 15 minutes I was there. I had a question about how to transfer tags from my old car, so I could avoid paying twice for registration, but no help. The delivery guy almost put the front plate holder on the car without asking me, but I caught him. Fog lights do not work, no floor mats or frunk mat, satellite maps in daytime, as others have reported. Some panel mis-alignments, a few minor paint defects. I am not happy that the driver door is misaligned inward at the bottom, but I did not refuse delivery or demand a "due bill". Also as some others have reported, the car was delivered with 3 trim clips missing on both rear wheel well liners, easily visible looking over the top of the wheel. So the real wheel well liners are loose at the top. Most of the other new 3's on the lot also had some or all three of these clips missing. The young Service Center technician guessed this might actually be correct, i.e. manufacturing changed their mind and decided the clips are not needed, even though the parts have the holes. I did not think that was plausible so I asked if I could have 6 of the clips and I would pop them in myself, but the technician said they had run out of these clips recently. Also, I forgot to ask for my die-cast model, which I was supposed to get because I had made a first-day reservation. Just sharing some of my experience. Thank you to all on this thread - helpful info!

Congrats! How come you didn’t do a due bill? Are you making a list now to give to them within 3 days?

Three stupid questions for someone who's Model 3 will be coming soon

What's a due bill?
What are the wheel trim clips? What would I be looking for?
I have no idea if I'll get home delivery or in a center, either way do I just write up a list of issues - what's important about getting it to them within 3 days?