Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SR+ order from March 17 had been set for March 26 but looked to have moved to March 28 over this past weekend. I got in touch with my inside sales guy via email and very quickly got a phone call from them that the car was indeed in Toronto and my delivery appointment tomorrow is back on.

Feeling nervous about build quality, etc, etc, so hoping my day tomorrow goes well.
I am in Montreal and do a lot of Paint Protection on Teslas...

The early ones were bad but the last 2 months or so have gotten really good. No where near my BMW as far as paint and fit and finish and although I am fussy I can easily live with how they are now.

Mine is scheduled for Thursday at the Tesla service center. I am assuming you are picking yours up at the Toronto service center.

It seems most problems these days are damage that occurs in transit which I am hoping is less of an issue at an established service center then with a new 3rd party company delivering to your house.

At least that is what I keep telling myself!

After running through the delivery checklists when it stopped raining my SR+ is near flawless. Fog lights work from the toggle, but obviously no immersive sound as others noted. The only defects I found were a very small paint spot the size of 2/10th of an inch that is off-color and some small gap differences that keep it from being "perfect" on close inspection but aren't worth any hassle to adjust and I'm sure are within spec. Very stoked with the purchase.

dOFyXh2.jpg

Oh man I ordered the same exact config and she looks beautiful!! Congrats and can't wait for mine hopefully this week as tentative of 3/29 date....fingers crossed.

We may need a separate waiting room for the non plus orders since plus orders apparently do not have any wait while we are getting accidentally teased and may still have a bit of a wait.
Yes SR needs separate waiting room since it’s a unicorn. Tesla built exactly zero of them and switched over to Euro production. I’ve been getting couple of upsell calls, and those fake delivery date texts.... Trap buyers then upsell.

Received my black SR+ today in NH via carrier direct delivery. Delivery truck was quite nice. Big white enclosed trailer with three cars in it. Car had 16 miles on the ODO. Fit and finish look really good *except* for one very shallow dent or flattened out blemish in the door. Normal people probably wouldn't even notice it, but... popped right out to me as it rolled off the truck. Driver and I agree it was probably like that when I he picked it up, he marked it down and I'll have to call service about it. Other than that everything looks like it works, but I can't drive it because I have no paperwork. Hopefully that arrives tomorrow. The perils of home delivery.

"Downgraded" from an MR to an SR+ when it was announced that it'd be discountinued. Wasn't given the option to upgrade to the LR - nor was I expecting it.

Currently, the car was delivered to a delivery center 1.5 hours south of me and is currently sitting at that Tesla center for the past 4 days. My delivery center which happens to be about 15 minutes away keeps pushing to have a rep drive it up to me which I'm not willing to do at all.

It's been a pretty smooth and easy process up until this point. Seems a little ridiculous that my options at this point is to either drive 1.5 hours south or have a rep drive 1.5 hours north in order to take delivery of this car.

"Downgraded" from an MR to an SR+ when it was announced that it'd be discountinued. Wasn't given the option to upgrade to the LR - nor was I expecting it.

Currently, the car was delivered to a delivery center 1.5 hours south of me and is currently sitting at that Tesla center for the past 4 days. My delivery center which happens to be about 15 minutes away keeps pushing to have a rep drive it up to me which I'm not willing to do at all.

It's been a pretty smooth and easy process up until this point. Seems a little ridiculous that my options at this point is to either drive 1.5 hours south or have a rep drive 1.5 hours north in order to take delivery of this car.

I called my delivery advisor about picking it myself. He said it is totally fine but home delivery was an unique experience that Tesla defaults to. I asked if it will be hectic to get it at the tesla store, he said it is the same. So I switched from home delivery to tesla storey delivery.

Bay Area 15 miles away from Fremont. Ordered on 3/17. White/black/18/AP. Scheduled to be delivered on 3/26. Received text msg and rescheduled to tonight. The delivery process was easy. Just signed a few docs and examined the car briefly. No major flaws for me maybe I’m lucky? The car does have a few small misalignment on the door trim and such. No big deal to me, very minor to be honest. Played with it, came with 2019.5.15 software and needs an update. Fog light works fine, no immersive sound option. Will see if it pops up after software update. Anyway, love it!

Attachments

• 051DDD1F-1D3A-4202-8455-3D2D24A80DE6.jpeg
    051DDD1F-1D3A-4202-8455-3D2D24A80DE6.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Catman20009
Bay Area 15 miles away from Fremont. Ordered on 3/17. White/black/18/AP. Scheduled to be delivered on 3/26. Received text msg and rescheduled to tonight. The delivery process was easy. Just signed a few docs and examined the car briefly. No major flaws for me maybe I’m lucky? The car does have a few small misalignment on the door trim and such. No big deal to me, very minor to be honest. Played with it, came with 2019.5.15 software and needs an update. Fog light works fine, no immersive sound option. Will see if it pops up after software update. Anyway, love it!
SR+

Got my SR+ Blue ext, white interior at 12:30pm. Tesla called before coming. Practically perfect. They sent 2 Tesla delivery people for home delivery and we spent about an hour and a half going over the car and signing paperwork. Couldn’t have gone any better! ;) 15 miles on the car, about the distance to Tesla.

Attachments

• 722E12E7-3EB4-4318-A827-F177FFA87B7D.jpeg
    722E12E7-3EB4-4318-A827-F177FFA87B7D.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 6598AC29-4B9B-4B67-89E8-6D69D4BC2D90.jpeg
    6598AC29-4B9B-4B67-89E8-6D69D4BC2D90.jpeg
    873.8 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Scott7
took delivery of my car today in Buena Park (So cal). Sr+, white, black, 19inch... just had one minor issue... seems like the glass roof has a very small dent (crack).... most prob won’t even see it.... but I did my thorough inspection and noticed it. The rep informed me that they will be able to replace the glass for me if I wish to go that route.

Also guys, I also want to ask. Can you guys go check if your center arm rest makes rattling noise during bumpy drives... or even when you just touch the arm rest console. Seems like we need some sort of a small piece cushion piece to fill in the gap to get rid of that annoying rattling sound.

Attachments

• 29A5DD89-491A-4852-B21A-D3944CA610B0.jpeg
    29A5DD89-491A-4852-B21A-D3944CA610B0.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 83