Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered June 4, VIN assigned June 5 (delivery manager is a good friend of mine, found a vehicle from a neighboring state and had it brought over), took delivery today! BE PATIENT FOLKS ITS COMING!

Attachments

• 3386FD25-0FE9-4EDA-B4EA-EB9C53A08638.jpeg
    3386FD25-0FE9-4EDA-B4EA-EB9C53A08638.jpeg
    549.3 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Tuazon81
Ordered Sr+ on 6/4
Stock + Midnight Blue
King of Prussia, PA delivery site

No Vin ..... STRESS!!!!!
Emailed delivery site mgr - responded in minutes but no info.... Biz travel next week .... ugh (is it too much to wish for a Fathers Day present?)

Same config and delivery option here ordered on 5/29, still no VIN :(

That's weird. And concerning for me as I ordered the same day and still don't have a VIN.

I ordered a couple of days earlier and still nothing and the 19 days from VIN to delivery is worrying and getting too close to 6/30.

Same config and delivery option here ordered on 5/29, still no VIN :(

I ordered a couple of days earlier and still nothing and the 19 days from VIN to delivery is worrying and getting too close to 6/30.

Last night I saw an SR+ black / 19" / FSD listed as existing inventory at my location. I was so close to cancelling my current order and grabbing that one. This morning it was gone. Still no VIN. My sales guy was off yesterday so I couldn't get a simple question answered which is can I transfer my downpayment from an existing order to a new one or do I have to cancel my existing order and start a new one from scratch?

The only thing causing stress for me is the tax refund. if I don't hit the June 30 deadline, I'll wait 6 months and try again. Ironically, I just checked and my projected equity position in my trade-in will have increased by $1877.58 by then. Almost to the penny what the decrease in refund is. If this does happen, I will definitely start the order process at least 2 weeks earlier to avoid this same scenario.

Of course 6 months later will mean 2-3 price / configuration changes in the Model 3 and FSD if history is any guide. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Just got a text saying that I have been scheduled for a pickup on 6/17!! Checked the Tesla page and I see it updated with the VIN - 5YJ... and the delivery appointment also shows up there.
The text asked me to update my "delivery profile" on the account but I don't see any link to do that? I guess I'll call them later today if nothing shows on the page :)
So far it seems like what the sales guy said is matching up :)

• Love
Reactions: Mansley
Ordered SR+ black/black/aeros on 6/6, still waiting on someone to call me and confirm details about my trade-in. I was told at my local SC that as long as I placed my order by 6/9 I was guaranteed delivery by 6/30 (I'm not convinced).

edit: no VIN

Well the one thing we all have going for us is the tremendous pressure on Tesla to ship as many cars as possible this quarter. I really feel for the employees right now. As stressful as it is for us, imagine what it's like at Tesla all the way from the factory to shipping to sales, these people are working their asses off trying to get everyone a car on time.

Well the one thing we all have going for us is the tremendous pressure on Tesla to ship as many cars as possible this quarter. I really feel for the employees right now. As stressful as it is for us, imagine what it's like at Tesla all the way from the factory to shipping to sales, these people are working their asses off trying to get everyone a car on time.
For sure, they will be happy when this is over!

As stressful as it is for us, imagine what it's like at Tesla all the way from the factory to shipping to sales, these people are working their asses off trying to get everyone a car on time

I couldn't agree more as someone who works in a company with our own manufacturing facilities in the US. The stresses that I have seen the operations people go through is amazing when we have our sales spike especially for new products for which the assembly lines are not yet at max efficiency and still have some (technical and operational) issues.