Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered one from inventory. Awaiting confirmation of delivery date before I cancel the original order

So that's interesting because I actually went through my sales rep to do the same thing, switch to inventory. I did that to avoid having two deposits down but I'm still not sure which is the best approach.

My rep swapped in the new car but I'm in this sort of no man's land. My trade in still shows payoff pending and my loan says application received but he's telling me to complete the checkout process. I'm not sure what that means.

So on one hand I don't want to be swamping him with questions if all I have to do is sit tight and wait for the process to complete...
On the other hand, if there is some critical step I'm supposed to be taking I certainly don't want to be holding up the train.

I feel like there are still some quirks they need to iron out of this whole process or at least provide better clarity. If I were in charge of Tesla's ordering process, I would dig through these posts after the dust settles and try to pin down the 4-5 things I could improve to make this whole process clearer and easier to understand. It would lessen the stress on the customers AND the sales staff. Just my 2 cents.

ITS WORTH THE WAIT....
It took 10 days from ordering to delivery...

Attachments

• 878FE21E-41D1-4857-8251-DA0A81572340.jpeg
    878FE21E-41D1-4857-8251-DA0A81572340.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 41431667-4A96-429C-A1B6-A59104FD3388.jpeg
    41431667-4A96-429C-A1B6-A59104FD3388.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 388B2FF5-A00E-492A-B162-11FD1A029FF4.jpeg
    388B2FF5-A00E-492A-B162-11FD1A029FF4.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 79
I got a text for delivery close to end of June. Ordered May 28. Checked on “view source” today, and no VIN.

Make sure you click “manage” first and then go to the page with Next Steps and Completed tasks.

I did this the first time too and then when I checked the page source I found my VIN. Searching “5YJ”.

If not, it will automatically show on your account about one week before delivery. I called them about this on Monday after they moved my delivery date up by 5 days (yay!).

Usually they don’t release VIN until the car has cleared customs.

My “manage” page in my account has been stuck on “prepare for delivery” with was seems to be my trade-in holding up the process. It says “a Tesla advisor will review your trade in vehicle details and will contact you within 24 hours when your valuation is complete” It has been this way for 3 days now. My advisor from my local SC said were only waiting on a VIN and that body will be calling me. He said once the vin shows up, the paperwork will automatically populate. Has anybody has that message about their trade in and actually received a call?

Used the Ctrl-U and Crtl-F approach to search for VIN - ugh nothing found.

KUDOS to whomever though if searching the non-displayed html for the VIN. Very clever!

I wonder if everyone is checking their MANAGE tab as frequently as me??? If I got frequent flyer miles for each check I would have a free flight to Hawaii by now!

Last thought - wouldn’t it have been great for Elon to have given a free Model 3 away to a June reservation holder at the Shareholders meeting as a PR stunt - would have been great!

So three models just popped up in my area - checking with my sales rep about getting those instead of waiting for mine to be built
My “manage” page in my account has been stuck on “prepare for delivery” with was seems to be my trade-in holding up the process. It says “a Tesla advisor will review your trade in vehicle details and will contact you within 24 hours when your valuation is complete” It has been this way for 3 days now. My advisor from my local SC said were only waiting on a VIN and that body will be calling me. He said once the vin shows up, the paperwork will automatically populate. Has anybody has that message about their trade in and actually received a call?

I have been seeing that message since 5/20. Originally had a delivery appointment for last Saturday but cancelled. The company is facing all sorts of logistical challenges.

Hey guys! I've order on May 2nd, the car was at Quebec service center on June 8 but the only appointment available was on June 12 but yesterday I’ve received a call to get it a day earlier, so I’ve jump on it!

VIN is the same and never changed. The folks from the Quebec delivery center where nice! I've lookup and the car and found 1 small scratch in the rear passenger windows, they will order a new window and replace it. The driver light housing needs to be readjusted as it's popped a little compare to the right side, they will do it when I will go for the windows replacement.

The car drives amazing, handling and stiffness of the car meet my expectation, now I’m ready to sell my BMW 535xi sport wagon and stop refreshing Tesla website 10 times a day! ;)

Reactions: Mansley
I have been seeing that message since 5/20. Originally had a delivery appointment for last Saturday but cancelled. The company is facing all sorts of logistical challenges.
I went to Car Max, got a quote from Tesla (-$300), asked it Tesla will match? YES! Sent quote to advisor - it was super simple!

On a sidenote-I got about 1000 more on my nine-year-old Subaru legacy than I previously would have thought.

Well that really sucks! My contact at the SC assures me it’s not being help up by the trade in. He even suggested to take my car to Carmax and have them give me an offer and they’ll match it (which I plan to do tonight).

He also guaranteed I’d get delivery before by 6/30.

I called the store I’m picking up from and they said that the truck is coming in on 6/27 and asked me to move to 6/28 to make sure they have time for their inspection.

The more I have time to think about it the worse this extra 2 week wait is getting. Does it really take over 2 weeks to get to MD from CA?
Similar situation - your vehicle is in California awaiting a truck to bring it to Texas, delivery date 6/29.

CA to TX - 3 weeks?