Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email today from an advisor offering a search for an SR+ with possible discount

They'll get back to me soon.... if they find one with white seats... will be tempting....
Best of luck finding one with white seats and at a discount. The wait time for white was 4-6 weeks for white interiors ordered domestically as of mid - May despite some sales personnel saying 2 weeks. My neighbor and I in Washington D.C. ordered our SR+'s early / mid May and are just hoping they come sometime before end of June. The salesman also educated me that it is also a game of chance. Because these cars are built in batches for operational efficiency, its just a matter of them spitting out your specification as they rotate through different configurations.

Reactions: Mr X
The only one I saw around my parts when I was searching existing inventory was blk / blk / FSD. While I weighed the pro's and cons for about 30 minutes it got snatched up.

I have experienced this too. My local delivery center tends to get a lot of inventory cars passing through. I saw on pop up, called my insurance company to get a quote and when I refreshed the page 20 minutes later, it was gone. The deposit is refundable, so my advice is...if you see a car that meets your criteria show up in inventory move quickly and figure out the details later.

I have experienced this too. My local delivery center tends to get a lot of inventory cars passing through. I saw on pop up, called my insurance company to get a quote and when I refreshed the page 20 minutes later, it was gone. The deposit is refundable, so my advice is...if you see a car that meets your criteria show up in inventory move quickly and figure out the details later.

Yeah, LR AWD appear to be all the rage at my dealership which makes sense in Minnesota. Just checked and there are 3 blk / blk including one with 18" aero. They weren't there last night and likely won't be by EOD today. I think I've seen 10 of those come and go and only 1 SR+. Sigh, I could have saved a couple grand waiting for one of those but that boat has sailed unless my deal falls through today for some reason.

I asked my sales guy if I could order a SR and have it delivered by end of month. He said "SR will not be produced until end of July. I would suggest going with a Standard Range Plus. Its really not worth it to remove Autopilot and software limit your range artificially. I would stick with the SR+ trim."

Since the SR is just a software locked SR+, is he saying they just aren't allocating any SR+'s to fill SR orders until end of July? Or am I just getting bullshitted by a salesman that doesn't want to sell the base model?

I asked my sales guy if I could order a SR and have it delivered by end of month. He said "SR will not be produced until end of July. I would suggest going with a Standard Range Plus. Its really not worth it to remove Autopilot and software limit your range artificially. I would stick with the SR+ trim."

Since the SR is just a software locked SR+, is he saying they just aren't allocating any SR+'s to fill SR orders until end of July? Or am I just getting bullshitted by a salesman that doesn't want to sell the base model?

I myself changed my order to SR+ , zero regrets, love the autopilot and a little piece of mind w the extra miles...

I myself changed my order to SR+ , zero regrets, love the autopilot and a little piece of mind w the extra miles...
Have a LR AWD 3 for trips, just looking for an around town car for my wife and she won't use AP. I've tried to get her to use it for a year, she doesn't want it.

I chatted with a sales advisor at another location and he told me he is not allowed to sell a SR for delivery by end of month. Said nothing about them not producing SR's until end of July. Has to be a SR+ even though they are the same car. Kind of annoyed at being jerked around when I already paid up for an early AWD after waiting for 3 yrs.

Edit: talked to both advisors some more. They pretty much tell me you cant order a SR+. Try to tip toe around it saying it will take months. Telling me there are other physical differences, etc. These guys strongly dislike selling SR's.

Last edited:
They pretty much tell me you cant order a SR+.
Meant SR.

"Standard Range cars are not currently eligible for End-of-Quarter delivery."

"There are a few physical differences between the two."

"From what I understand, they are trying to phase out SR, in favor of SR+. To be perfectly honest, there is little value in a Tesla with software limited range and no standard Autopilot features. That's why they made it standard along with the Premium Interior. Technically, the SR is now an off-menu item. The SR+ represents significantly more value to you as the customer. Trust me, you want to stick with SR+ with the Fed Tax Credit."

"Internal email that I am not allowed to show you states that SR is a 6-8 week delivery period and is being phased out due to low value and low order rate. As a Tesla owner, you already understand the reasoning behind the value system and how it helps us make the cars better and cheaper when they make features standard, and lower the overall price."

Reactions: Mr X
Exciting update! I just found a local Model 3 that popped up in inventory. Only difference is the 19" wheels instead of the aeros I ordered. I've been wishing I picked the 19" anyway, so just made the switch. I'll be picking it up TONIGHT instead of 6/28.

I've been checking inventory a couple times an hour all day. It paid off.

If you're waiting for a black / black / aeros SR+ in the MD area, hopefully I just made your wait shorter as well :)

Reactions: Zaxxon and DOC52
Exciting update! I just found a local Model 3 that popped up in inventory. Only difference is the 19" wheels instead of the aeros I ordered. I've been wishing I picked the 19" anyway, so just made the switch. I'll be picking it up TONIGHT instead of 6/28.

I've been checking inventory a couple times an hour all day. It paid off.

If you're waiting for a black / black / aeros SR+ in the MD area, hopefully I just made your wait shorter as well :)

Nice sniping! That is everyone's best bet to make the deadline. Its a PITA and you are constantly faced with the 'bird in the hand' decision but June 30th only comes once!

Reactions: techdash
Ordered a Standard Range on May 18th, delivered last week in DC. Went I went to the dealership in person and they told me I couldn't order a SR and tried to sell me a SR+. Told them I'm not interested and wouldn't buy a car unless I could get the SR. Salesman (who was very nice) went and checked w the manager and then said they found a way where I could order a SR.

When it was delivered it was already software limited w 220 range, no autopilot, no fog lights. no traffic visualization on navigation but seems to take traffic into account when mapping a route. It does have front heated seats. If they did something to the radio/speakers, I can't tell. Other than some small panel fit issues, car is great. Vin is in 400's.Alos, If you need a referral code for supercharger miles, mine is JAMES22950

what part of the country? I have a SR ready for delivery this weekend.

what part of the country? I have a SR ready for delivery this weekend.
Mideast. Both salesmen steered me away but one out right refused to sell me the car and wasn't afraid to lie in writing. The other one wasn't all that stoked but said if I order a SR+ on the website, he would change it on the back end but it wouldn't be availiable until after the tax rebate is cut in half again. I ordered it anyways and will see if it comes in time. If it does, great. If it doesn't, I may just hold off for the next fire sale or model y.

Ordered a white on white SR on 6/5. After finalizing order as a SR, website said 6-8 weeks for delivery. I told him I only wanted it if it was delivered before the end of the month. He said be patient. Was watching inventory cars yesterday and found an SR+ that matched my config. I texted my sales guy with the VIN and he added it to my order and it's being shipped from Seattle. Today I got a text to schedule my pickup for early next week.

So you just need the right salesperson who is willing to grab you an inventory SR+ and downgrade it.

Mideast. Both salesmen steered me away but one out right refused to sell me the car and wasn't afraid to lie in writing. The other one wasn't all that stoked but said if I order a SR+ on the website, he would change it on the back end but it wouldn't be availiable until after the tax rebate is cut in half again. I ordered it anyways and will see if it comes in time. If it does, great. If it doesn't, I may just hold off for the next fire sale or model y.

hope you get b/f 6/30 I doubt either the he next fire sale will be below $35K-3.8K though

My plan is to trade in for a SR model y if/when it's released in 2021

Reactions: super20g
hope you get b/f 6/30 I doubt either the he next fire sale will be below $35K-3.8K though

My plan is to trade in for a SR model y if/when it's released in 2021

He said they no longer give you a SR+ and downgrade the software. That SR's have to be custom ordered and delivered from the factory as a SR and that is why it takes 6-8 weeks currently for delivery. Sounds plausible, but I don't know. I do know that delivering SR customers a car with a SR+ monroney and then downgrading the software sounds like a bad idea legal wise so maybe that is why the change.

This thread is getting exciting as everyone's cars start coming in! And I'm next! Got an email this morning that my car (SR+ black/black/aero) was arriving today and will be inspected and I can take delivery tomorrow! Woohoo!
Hi Morningstar,

I ordered a Black Tesla M3 SR+ on June 4 and still have no VIN updates or delivery information. What config did you order and when did you order?