Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The delivery centers are also service centers. They work around the clock.

I think some of them are both service and delivery. I called one of the delivery centers the other day asking if they sold accessories and parts such as the Nema 14-50 adapter and they said no and that they’re just delivering cars; I would have to go to a service center where I can buy parts. Another delivery center told me that they also sold parts and adapters on-site.

Totally agree. I actually asked myself "so these guys are actually just sitting at delivery centers not doing any deliveres? So what do they do throughout the week if CA has no deliveries?" Really hard for me to believe that there are close to no sales / deliveries are being processed this whole month and possibly half of December.
They still get cars & prepare them for delivery, but at a very slow pace. Come December, they will be working overtime.

Reactions: justin.jdl
Got a call from the San Francisco Delivery center to schedule an orientation. They stated vehicles would be coming in December, so I'd be more than surprised if it showed up in Late November.

10/08 Order Date
I think Nov. is still possible but at a slow trickling rate. Dec is where they will be working over time cause they have until the end of the month to push as much Tesla's out as possible to meet their 4th quarter numbers.

Here is a question for you all. I've ordered on Oct 11,(SR+, white/black) before the price went up without the additional 10miles of range. I've heard Tesla will honor the original price and my SA told me my car will be at the new range as all Tesla cars get the software update related improvements regardless.

Is this what you all hearing?

Reactions: marnfl
Here is a question for you all. I've ordered on Oct 11,(SR+, white/black) before the price went up without the additional 10miles of range. I've heard Tesla will honor the original price and my SA told me my car will be at the new range as all Tesla cars get the software update related improvements regardless.

Is this what you all hearing?
I was going to ask the same question, I bought mine with configuration of 240miles on 10/06, the new update by other reviewers says it would raise it by 2%? And the sr+ after the price increase is 250 miles. So im a bit confused, am I getting a 250 mile car or not?

Well being off today, I went on an adventure to Buena Park to test drive, snoop around a bit and see if could get a hold of a inventory vehicle, etc. you know- plotting and scheming (insert evil laugh). Results: test drive 2 (in a SR+ Blue/White 18" wheels) was great with testing auto pilot. SA checked for me while I was out driving (my Delivery Associate was out of the office today). No dice on any inventory vehicles available. He was comfortable to inform me when I asked about timelines that we are looking at mid December deliveries and there are things/upgrades that are/should be included like the music streaming (as an example) that I thought were not available in my trim level (we shall see on that one). Also told me not to believe the times quoted on the Tesla website (ya think?) I had ordered a SR+ White/Black 18" rims auto pilort on 10/22 with a 2018 MBZ C330 coupe AMG to trade in. The vehicle i test drove showed 237 miles in available charge.
Hope this adds less fog to the waiting room.

Are you guys really asking if you get the extended ranges without having to pay? I can think of one way to guarantee you’ll get the extended ranges......
I think he's only asking if the car he'll get is the updated version with 250 miles of range. I have been told by multiple SA all along that the change from 240 to 250 involves some hardware change thus cannot be retroactively added to existing cars via software. I don't know if that's true but if it is, then if someone who ordered the car before Oct 17th when the website shows 240 miles will get a 250 miles car if it's built after the cutover date.

Reactions: Jbad
I think he's only asking if the car he'll get is the updated version with 250 miles of range. I have been told by multiple SA all along that the change from 240 to 250 involves some hardware change thus cannot be retroactively added to existing cars via software. I don't know if that's true but if it is, then if someone who ordered the car before Oct 17th when the website shows 240 miles will get a 250 miles car if it's built after the cutover date.

Yes only asking the question. Especially confusing since if hardware change is involved our cars would be coming with it since they haven't even started to make our batches for CA. Right? My car will be made hopefully in the coming weeks with all the latest SW and HW.