Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 10/16 SR+ Black/Black with FSD. Emailed delivery center to get an update. They are saying early December!! When I ordered it said 2-3 weeks....we are on week 4 now! Trade-in value of my car is going to expire on 11/17 and when I try to estimate a new trade in value it has gone down over $1500!!! That's just WRONG!!! Anyone have issues with trade in when going over the 30 days or even the 1000 miles?

I ordered on 10/16 SR+ Black/Black with FSD. Emailed delivery center to get an update. They are saying early December!! When I ordered it said 2-3 weeks....we are on week 4 now! Trade-in value of my car is going to expire on 11/17 and when I try to estimate a new trade in value it has gone down over $1500!!! That's just WRONG!!! Anyone have issues with trade in when going over the 30 days or even the 1000 miles?

I wasn't planning on trading in my car until recently when I figured I'd at least see if it would work out better pricewise than just selling my car to CarMax or Vroom. When I told my SA about this, he said he would check for me but seeing as I know the value would only last 30 days when I brought that bit up he said to wait to give him the information on 11/17 so that it doesn't expire before I can get my hands on the car. I'm glad I checked here before pulling the trigger on that or I would not have known about the 30 days. There's plenty of information on this message board that will help you avoid situations like this.

Long time lurker finally joining in.
10/20 order date. S. California. SR+ White on Black +FSD. No VIN yet.

Have a few questions im hoping you gents could clear up for me.
  1. I have not input any insurance information as of yet on my Tesla account. From my understanding i will need to wait till a vin is assigned? If so, and not having done that, that will not affect my place in the order status will it?
  2. I initially placed the financing institution information (ie name, address, amount, etc.) . But i have not entered any other payment information. From my understanding i should wait till a vin is assigned because loan applications are generally only valid for 1 month?
Thanks

I just updated my order from an SR+ to a LR. I tried finding out if it would affect my delivery date negatively (by effectively making my order date today instead of the original Oct 10th), but haven’t had a response yet. Wondering if I just lost my place in the queue.

I just updated my order from an SR+ to a LR. I tried finding out if it would affect my delivery date negatively (by effectively making my order date today instead of the original Oct 10th), but haven’t had a response yet. Wondering if I just lost my place in the queue.
I hate to be the bearer of second hand bad news, but the Fremont DA told me that orders aren't fulfilled based on the reservation number, but other factors such as location and order date. I was in the same boat as you having ordered one trim on 10/3 and deciding to update my order a couple weeks later. Oh well. I have my fingers crossed for an early December delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t
Been posting updates in the California section of this board so no one here has seen it but I received a call yesterday from the Costa Mesa delivery center (Socal) about my order. They informed me to finish up the payment option quickly as they are taking deliveries at the end of this month and they don't want me to miss the chance to pick up my vehicle. I would have 3 days after the initial delivery date to grab the car and they wanted to work on all the paperwork soon.