Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a SR+ Deep Metallic Blue, Black interior, aero wheels. At least more and more peeps are being assigned lately, gives me hope lol
Ya keep an eye on it today & tomorrow, that's what I'm doing. I saw on the spreadsheet tracker that a guy from SF ordered on 10/6 (6-days after me) got his vin today & its the exact same setup as mine! I need to RKO someone!

• Funny
Reactions: skydreamerjae
I am 100% sure they assign VINS during weekend, because when I checked this morning there was no VIN - few hours later the VIN showed up in source.

Have you guys uploaded your current insurance? It seems like whoever did not uploaded their insurance yet they are being notified to complete their profile.

As soon as I uploaded my insurance with my current car last night, the VIN was assigned the next day. Make sure you upload your insurance..

I am 100% sure they assign VINS during weekend, because when I checked this
morning there was no VIN - few hours later the VIN showed up in source.

Have you guys uploaded your current insurance? It seems like whoever did not uploaded their insurance yet they are being notified to complete their profile.

As soon as I uploaded my insurance with my current car last night, the VIN was assigned the next day. Make sure you upload your insurance..

Yep, ive had my insurance up since I placed the order lol

I am 100% sure they assign VINS during weekend, because when I checked this morning there was no VIN - few hours later the VIN showed up in source.

What did you upload? Current insurance showing a car that is not the new Tesla? If not, how do you even get insurance in California without a VIN number?

Ya keep an eye on it today & tomorrow, that's what I'm doing. I saw on the spreadsheet tracker that a guy from SF ordered on 10/6 (6-days after me) got his vin today & its the exact same setup as mine! I need to RKO someone!

tenor.gif

I uploaded proof of insurance that is a certified letter from GEICO stating I am insured as of that day. It's different from the insurance cards they provide that are vehicle specific.
That's the weird thing. If you have any car insured - you are automatically insured for anything you buy up to 15 days.

This sounds nuts, but perhaps I can get something like that from my agent on Monday. I'm in the Bay area, so I have time yet.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
That's all you need? You just uploaded a photo of an insurance card card for a totally different car? And Tesla took it - I mean had no problem with it?

Yep, thats usually how it works when you buy a new car. At least in cali, ive never had the new car on my insurance until a couple days later. Insurance will cover you for 10days or so to give you time to add the new car. Also, as was posted above, california is one of the several states that doesnt require you to have your car listed on the insurance

Yes. I uploaded the insurance of my hyundai genesis as the website said they need proof of insurance of my existing car. Just followed instructions and they did not say a word.

Well, thanks. It did seem a bit odd for Tesla to want new insurance for a car that either doesn't exist - or has not yet been assigned.

The problem is that I have sold the car that is on the policy and the policy is "on hold". I guess Tesla won't know that, though.

That's the weird thing. If you have any car insured - you are automatically insured for anything you buy up to 15 days.

This sounds nuts, but perhaps I can get something like that from my agent on Monday. I'm in the Bay area, so I have time yet.

Here is an example of what I posted. I downloaded from the Geico website.

Attachments

• Point Blur_Nov162019_173154.jpg
    Point Blur_Nov162019_173154.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: jonquiljo
I did the same thing earlier with SA over a week ago. In CA, you just need proof of current insurance.
Yes. I uploaded the insurance of my hyundai genesis as the website said they need proof of insurance of my existing car. Just followed instructions and they did not say a word.

My insurance card is for a car that I sold a month ago. My insurance agent has the policy "on hold." I guess that Tesla won't know the details - or will they be able to find that out?

I could call my agent and have her somehow assign that "on hold" policy to a (yet to be determined) Tesla.

I mean lots of people sell their cars before they take delivery of the Tesla. What do they do - or is this different because Tesla seem to "fast track" VIN assignment to people who have all the forms filled out?