Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked to the manager at the showroom I ordered the car at, in Pasadena, and was told my estimated delivery for my 10/9 order date is on the 11th of next month... I still haven't received a vin yet. Is this for real????

10/9
Model 3 Standard Range Plus
Midnight Silver Metallic
18'' Aero Wheels
Black Interior
Autopilot

I hope your SA is right. I ordered mine on the same date in Mission Viejo

I ordered 10/15 white/white SR+ and I received a VIN in source code Tuesday. Anyone know how long it takes from finding the VIN in source until receiving an update from the SA?
Nice I have the same config and order 10 days after you. Except I live in CaAAAaAaaaALlLLLi .... so that might cause even MORE delay on top of the extra 10 days. Oh the agonizing pain

Just got back from Buena Park. Nobody has anything really new, but they were noncommittal on home deliveries to help with the delivery crush. Also was told VINs would start in mid-December but seems from reports here, it seems it’s starting earlier.

Also modifications done now shouldn’t affect delivery date too much.
Tell ya , those SA’s don’t know anything. This forum is more informative than those SA’s. Glad we have this forum to chat and exchange info.

I love when they say no USA production yet, and we see tons of new VINs every day.

I understand the concept of “don’t over-promise”, but they take it to absurd extremes. It makes them look bad.

I’m guessing it’s an over correction to all the promises a lot of the people got earlier of a 2-4 week turnaround. That has angered a lot of people and I’m pretty sure they don’t want to do that again.

This reminds me so much of how hard it is to estimate software timelines. It’s something I haven’t quite gotten the hang of, and I’ve been programming for a decade. It furthers my impression that Tesla is much more a tech/software company than a car company—and a startup at that.

I’m going to the Buena Park info session, not really for the info but to talk to them and see if they have any more hints about my delivery. Will let you all know what I find out.
Went to Buena Park for the morning session. It was as expected. The more interesting fact is that I saw 3 M3 (1 blue/blk 18" and 2 white/blk 18" wheels with manufacture date of 11/19)on the lot. I thought one was mine and I did hit up my SA. Of course they were already assigned when he checked because I was going to definitely jack one if it was unassigned. The SA was not aware that those vehicles were on the lot. The partial good news is that there are vehicles tricking into So. Cal in November. And so with that, I retreated back to the shadows for the waiting game.

Oh okay. Mine was set for a home delivery and I know 2 people with the same configuration, one ordered a day before me and another the same day and both already picked up their vehicles via the service center. I was curious if home deliveries were possibly delayed for some reason.

Good concern. Doesn't appear to be the case. It's possible that I'm much farther South than the other deliveries and maybe just prioritized differently but I'm not sure. The only thing slightly more frustrating than waiting is seeing those that order after you (same config) get progress before you do. Oh well, this is our lives for the next month or so.

I’m guessing it’s an over correction to all the promises a lot of the people got earlier of a 2-4 week turnaround. That has angered a lot of people and I’m pretty sure they don’t want to do that again.

Great way to double anger the same people. First with the initial ridiculous timeline they couldn't keep, and now with the over corrected padding. Can't they just be somewhat more transparent?