Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This forum has been a wealth of information, so I wanted to contribute and thank everyone for sharing their experiences.

Ordered by Model 3 Standard Range (the $35,000 version) on Oct. 5, 2019 at the Tesla store in SF. Pearl White/Black/Aero Wheels.

Received the mass text message advising that the car will arrive at the delivery center between 11/23-12/1.

Received a text message on 11/22 advising that tentative pickup was set for 11/24, received a call from a delivery advisor the same day to confirm the same.

Pick up today, webpage updated with VIN, Delivery Advisor called and said it's ready to be picked up. Hallelujah!

Fingers crossed there won't be any fit n' finish issues that will affect acceptance.

This forum has been a wealth of information, so I wanted to contribute and thank everyone for sharing their experiences.

Ordered by Model 3 Standard Range (the $35,000 version) on Oct. 5, 2019 at the Tesla store in SF. Pearl White/Black/Aero Wheels.

Received the mass text message advising that the car will arrive at the delivery center between 11/23-12/1.

Received a text message on 11/22 advising that tentative pickup was set for 11/24, received a call from a delivery advisor the same day to confirm the same.

Pick up today, webpage updated with VIN, Delivery Advisor called and said it's ready to be picked up. Hallelujah!

Fingers crossed there won't be any fit n' finish issues that will affect acceptance.

Congrats first and good luck w delivery....keep us posted!

just curious can we still get the SR without autopilot for 35k by calling Tesla? or how much is the cheapest model someone can get?

Yeah you can get it by calling any Tesla store and ordering it over the phone. The cost is still $35k, but there is a $1,200 destination fee. This applies to all other models as well (standard range +, etc). So the base price before taxes is $36,200. Added a screenshot of my order agreement below showing the pricing.

Attachments

• F5A2D016-5448-4BDD-97CE-CD2B1D2BF528.jpeg
    F5A2D016-5448-4BDD-97CE-CD2B1D2BF528.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 109
I think you should just send them an email now. It'll get routed to another rep that's working. I sent out an email last night and expected to get a response within a week. They responded this morning.
I sent the email, but I just have his personal Tesla email so I don’t think anyone else is going to pick it up. Either way just excited to finallllllly have some movement.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Just joined. Ordered an sr+ white/white/18" on 11/8. Stopped by Rocklin Tesla today to make sure everything was good with my order. They looked me up and told me my "gate date" (I hadn't heard of that before) was 11/26 to 11/28. I asked what a gate date was and they said it is the day the vehicle is expected to be complete at the factory and ready to move to the delivery center.

Tried to throw in your "Gate Date" term to see if they knew anything about that in Costa Mesa haha!

Attachments

• gatedate.png
    gatedate.png
    42 KB · Views: 59
Noice! Have a date yet??
nope still waiting for a VIN, i just posted a screen shot of the email convo. Time frame is 2-3 weeks for delivery. Starting to feel a little surreal at this point.... Can't believe it's actually happening soon. I remember when I first placed my order on the 25th of Oct. Was a Friday night, wanted to show my sister the Tesla website (forgot why), but that's when I noticed the $100 order fee. And it sucked me the hell in LOL. My sister egged me on too, she was like "do it......" LOL (originally I planned on purchasing a Model 3 sometime in the middle of next year) but i went home that night and placed my order. Felt like I placed an order off Amazon, wasn't excited and didn't think much of it. I think it wasn't until Monday or Tuesday where I was like ... "Holy *sugar*, I just ordered a motherfuggin' Tesla!" And i've been stoked since. Excited, but it felt like a distant dream. And as the weeks drew closer, it's becoming more of a reality for me and I still have a difficult time comprehending what's about to come...

Last edited: