Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s very hard to contain my dissatisfaction right now.

Got lucky I guess. Looked up Vin last night and was shocked too see that i had to start over from step 1 and upload DL, and financing info. Called Corporate and said its a random glitch and they said id just have to do it again. Emailed Finance and they said everything was go to go and an hour later vin popped up. Got a text at 730 this morning asking me to schedule pick up. Went from 0-100 real quick.

Yup, Bay Area Order
10/14/19, SR+, white/blk no FSD, Aero
No VIN

Did get invited to 2nd Owners Workshop (pass)
Got a text today moving pick up location Burlingame DC (from Fremont). Got really excited to see "TESLA" in text.. but then came crashing back down to earth...
Glad to know it isn't just me, not in a crappy way but ensuring there isn't some weird bug with my profile. Hope we get it slotted soon! Will be tracking haha. Maybe its just the white/blk aero is why.

I've ordered 10/11. No VIN. a few days ago I got a tentative delivery on 12.15. Today they pushed it out to 12.24. Yes Christmas. I am actually so sad right now. I was counting the hours till Sunday and here we are no affirmative on anything and another 9 days added to the currently 63 days since ordering. Marina Del R. DC. I think i'm on the *sugar* list.

Oh nooo. I'm 10/19 MDR and haven't heard anything yet. If they're doing this to you, not a good sign for the rest of us. Wonder what is causing their week+ delay. They didn't give you an explanation? That's rough.

Glad to know it isn't just me, not in a crappy way but ensuring there isn't some weird bug with my profile. Hope we get it slotted soon! Will be tracking haha. Maybe its just the white/blk aero is why.

Bay Area order
10/22, SR+, blue/white, Aero, FSD
No VIN

Haven't heard anything else. Based on the last conversation I had with the delivery center, I'm expecting to hear something next week, but we'll see. I had to go to SF tonight and I saw a big truck of M3's coming over the Bay Bridge.

Well interesting development for me here in NC.....

Ordered 12/3
Got text to schedule delivery on 12/8 and scheduled for first available on 12/16 8AM. Never had VIN show in source code but had the MVPA with VIN same day as I received the text to schedule appointment. So nothing to worry about right. Just celebration!

I've been super excited all week and just trying to keep busy to speed time.

Then today I get an email from the local operations manager telling me "vehicle you are currently matched to is located in Nashville and will not ship without a $4000 transportation fee." I'm located in Raleigh, NC. They go on to tell me I can either take delivery in Nashville, pay the 4k$ for delivery or they would remove that car from my account and try to search for another match! Obviously I don't want to pay 4k$ and can't travel to Nashville to pickup the car.

And in one email my day was shattered. Anybody heard of a similar situation?
Man this whole process has been an emotional roller coaster. After talking again with the sales center they suggested I keep looking for inventory and if I saw one I wanted pop up, give them a call and they'd match me with it. Otherwise I'd just have to wait until the factory made the model for me and shipped it to NC. They would keep saying "i really hope you get it by the end of the year".....which made me feel really uneasy.

So I check the inventory all day Friday about once an hour. Nothing......Nothing.....Nothing. Was somewhat unproductive at work. But then around 2PM EST when i refreshed the local inventory site, it showed four cars. Some reds and a blue. Interestingly enough, the Nashville TN inventory showed TWO of my exact order on hand. I like the blue as well so after about 50 calls to the sales office, they finally answered and I snatched up the blue.

Local sales office never told me when I'd get the car, estimated delivery, or anything. Just that they matched me with the VIN and they'd be in contact. So I reached out via the online chat and they gave me a call from CA, and they were able to tell me the car would be delivered 12/20 and I could take delivery 12/21. The car is still in transit from the factory and was currently in Alabama. Again, they said someones order must have fallen through on the blue car and I got lucky that I found it and got it.

So now I've got another week of work to get through. I'm back to trying to speed up time!

Reactions: ZappCatt
Also interesting, the sales office and corporate said the local offices have no idea what cars they'll be receiving until a couple days before delivery. And there's basically no "inventory" model 3s coming out. Only custom orders are arriving.

So for all of you guys still waiting, if you're set on taking delivery by the end of the year and somewhat flexible on colors/rims/etc you can keep checking the inventory and perhaps find one that fell through the cracks.

Hopefully everyone here gets their order soon!

Got an update from the DC in Mt Kisco. Looks like I am scheduled for tomorrow but am one of the last expected due to distance from them. Based on the info I have, the car needs to be inspected, then registered, then loaded on the hauler. If I got in a car and drive straight there it's 6 hours. I'm expecting if the car does get here tomorrow it won't be till after dark, which sucks for checking it over. Beggers can't be choosers. I will make it a note to tell my delivery coordinator that I need at least a day to go over the car. We shall see

Bad news, but maybe the silver lining here is that the DC was double checking quality and preferred to fix the issue rather than push a deficient car on you. Read a few other posts about nightmare delivery personnel with a “take it or leave it” approach.

Congrats on finagling a loaner! Mind telling us what other accessories you got for your trouble? I go in tomorrow to get mine and want to know what’s reasonable to ask for if I get into this sort of situation!

Now, at this point I had already bought most of the accessories I needed but there was a few I was waiting to pick up at the DC such as the interior carpet mats, the frunk carpet mat and the sunshade! My friend had an issue with the same DC delaying his order a few months back and they gave him a wall charger, so I knew I had room to work with.

Inventory demo vehicles are still sold as new.

I would be skeptical on their condition, but then again I am picky especially after spending 50k+ on a vehicle.

I agree, it can be more concerning. Thankfully I was able to drive down to the Tesla showroom today and take a look at the vehicle. I can happily say the only issue I noticed was a small scuff on one of the wheels, which I have no issue with. (Esp. with the discount I am getting, and I am sure I would have eventually scuffed a wheel, so now I don't have to feel bad about it.) It is an August 2019 build with 174 miles and appears to not have gotten a lot of driving. (They had other inventory models with 400, 500, 600+ miles on them, so I am pretty happy with just 174.) My scheduled delivery is Monday the 16th.

Source VIN to delivery(for me): 4 days. Picking it up on the 17th at 9:30am. Thinking about whether to do a half day at work or take off work all day and sit in my Model 3 until the sun goes down

Ordered: Oct 25, 2019
Radio silence unless I reached out via email (quick response time: within 24 hours)
VIN in source: Dec 13, 2019
Costa Mesa DC called to schedule delivery: Dec 14, 2019
Delivery Date: Dec 17th, 2019 9:30am

Anyone else picking up their car on Tuesday morning at Costa Mesa??