Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this text message.

Thank you for letting us know your availability. In the next several days, we will send another text message to update you on your delivery timing. To learn how to prepare for delivery day, please visit tesla.com/support/tesla-delivery-day

My Tesla is currently getting serviced to fix the black door panels. Called them this morning, left a message, and received a call back within a few hours. They were more than happy to have me come in today for them to do a quick fix (give or take an hour).

@AZjohnInCA @jonquiljo @ZappCatt @rjsully04

thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! Felt very timid about calling them to let them know about my panel issue but they were more than happy. I was also worried they might reject me and say “that’s how Elon does it” but all is good!

So it’s now a “real” white interior? Good!!! That’s one for the history books. It’s really hard to get the interior colors wrong.

Well, it’s all good. Enjoy!

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Which number did you call and do you already have source vin? Im 10/18 bay area so I think we should be getting it the same time.. hopefully.

Oh, nice! Yeah, I hope we hear something this weekend. I just called the regular Tesla number, (888) 51-TESLA or (888) 518-3752.

I still don't have a source VIN. It feels like a fairy tale at this point. I've checked probably hundreds of times now.

I just wanted to give an update to my Canadian friends about how my order process has been so far!

Dec 1st: Placed order for SR+, White Ext, Black Int, No FSD, 18" Aero
Dec 4th: Received email for New Owner's Workshop
Dec 8th: Received text to schedule delivery (Available options were December 23rd and 24th Only), I picked earliest time possible
Dec 8th: Checked later on at night and found VIN in source code
Dec 14th: Attended New Owner's Workshop (I found it was just basic information and opportunity to ask questions about the car and they also check your account to make sure youre all good to go. Its a neat thing to go to just to meet other owners but as far as the information if youre on these forums you already know 99% of the information they provide)
Dec 16th: VIN showed up on actual page right underneath Reservation Number
Dec 17th: Delivery got moved to Dec 21st instead!
Dec 18th: Delivery got moved to Dec 19th and got email from SA confirming delivery date and time and on what items to bring for delivery tomorrow!

Hope this helps someone out, Im in the Toronto area.

P.S. I apologize ahead of time for all the West Coast people still waiting on delivery for there cars, I know this is super quick compared to how long you guys have been waiting. Hopefully everyone here gets it before year end!

Last edited:
Ordered 11/2 - Costa Mesa, CA
SR+ Blue/Black / 18" Aero No FSD
VIN finally in source code this morning 12/19!!
From the email, I marked Christmas Day as only day unavailable, so hopefully I don't get shoved all the way until the 31st, haha.
If you received VIN today, you should see the car within the next few days.

I have the same exact config and order date as you at Costa Mesa, except my car is white. Here’s hoping I see something soon!

Does any one know if they will run the credit application once the delivery date is confirmed? Or did they already run it when the order was placed? I ask because I freeze all my credit (all 3) and only unfreeze it when credit is being run (precaution cuz my company was hacked a few years back).

Does any one know if they will run the credit application once the delivery date is confirmed? Or did they already run it when the order was placed? I ask because I freeze all my credit (all 3) and only unfreeze it when credit is being run (precaution cuz my company was hacked a few years back).

Credit check would be done when/if you are applying for it. In my order sequence, you are presented with the ability to apply for a loan (via Tesla) after you have completed the order process. (e.g. submitted your license info, address, etc. I don't remember all of the steps, but I remember wondering where the application for the loan happened, and it only became available as soon as I submitted/completed the initial set of questions.)

I always keep frozen all 3 agencies until needed, so I know exactly why you want to know :)

3862FD7C-4008-453A-A2AD-3A17890C8DC6.jpeg
How I feel about Elon right about now...

• Funny
Reactions: bmt1012