Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoCal market just got flooded with LR models available.
I dont get it. Is it so hard for Tesla to count the number or pre-orders they have and make the correct number of cars? Either they have the worst database system on earth, or they are purposely making more LR's that SR+'s so that maybe a few of us crack under pressure at the last minute and just spring for the $10k

I dont get it. Is it so hard for Tesla to count the number or pre-orders they have and make the correct number of cars? Either they have the worst database system on earth, or they are purposely making more LR's that SR+'s so that maybe a few of us crack under pressure at the last minute and just spring for the $10k

they're definitely purposely making LR's. if they're going to sell a bunch of cars to folks under pressure, might as well be the higher margin vehicles. If they made a bunch of extra SR+'s, folks waiting on LR's might downgrade. This way anyone placing a last second order will get them the most profit per sale.

It's annoying as hell. Especially with October orders still not filled and folks going away for the holidays. I got an email this morning from Tesla encouraging me to buy a new car from their extensive, recently added inventory and I wanted to punch the wall.

My Tesla is currently getting serviced to fix the black door panels. Called them this morning, left a message, and received a call back within a few hours. They were more than happy to have me come in today for them to do a quick fix (give or take an hour).

@AZjohnInCA @jonquiljo @ZappCatt @rjsully04

thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! Felt very timid about calling them to let them know about my panel issue but they were more than happy. I was also worried they might reject me and say “that’s how Elon does it” but all is good!
Glad it worked out the way you wanted!!! Now go drive the shite out of that badass M3!!

they're definitely purposely making LR's. if they're going to sell a bunch of cars to folks under pressure, might as well be the higher margin vehicles. If they made a bunch of extra SR+'s, folks waiting on LR's might downgrade. This way anyone placing a last second order will get them the most profit per sale.

It's annoying as hell. Especially with October orders still not filled and folks going away for the holidays. I got an email this morning from Tesla encouraging me to buy a new car from their extensive, recently added inventory and I wanted to punch the wall.
I can almost agree with the move, as who wouldn’t want to make more money by stocking higher profit vehicles... except they displaced SR+ ‘s on the assembly line. Im sorry if any here gets bumped

Reactions: bmt1012
so D-day was today.... and it went well.
DC: Marina Del Rey

Positive: Quick check out with no pressure to take my time with inspecting the car.
Negative: Nobody helped me with inspections. I thought at least someone will be there for a while.. but after I got the paperwork it was like "find your car on the lot."

Pros: Quick adjustments to everything I've found. all fixed.

What did I find on the car? (pictures attached) - they fixed them all.

1. Side of middle panel on Steering wheel was scratched up.
2. Front left headlight was popping too far out.
3. door panel seal was wrinkled on one side of rear seat window. and bunched up on driver side.
4. Rear driver 7/8 sensor was popped in.
5. and a small thick line scratch on the wood panel. (this was not fixed)

It took them 10min to do all these.

At home I realized i don't have the trial premium connectivity running on my car so I called and hours later it was resolve. I guess OTA.

Overall no major issues. Good panel gaps. No paint issues I could find. No scratches, touched every feet of that car.

One happy new owner.
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.45.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.44.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.44.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.44.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.44.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.36.38 PM.png