Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What email :(??!!!

The email was a marketing email to anyone who had ever entered their email address on the Tesla site suggesting if they wanted to get one by year end to look at inventory cars. I received multiple copies, so know it was not just to current owners.

It seemed to do a good job of driving people to the site, since it became unresponsive for a significant period of time

Reactions: bmt1012
I didn't get any email notification. The VIN # was assigned to me roughly about 2 hours ago (so it was probably at 9AM PST). The rep (via chat) gave me the VIN #. Then I confirmed it by viewing source code. Then I saw Mvpa document (assuming it's Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) below the Lemon Law Disclosure. I clicked on it and low and behold the purchase contract. I signed it and emailed it to Redwood Credit Union immediately so they can get a head start on this. Knowing it's Friday and close to the holiday, most employees are either taking off early or calling in sick or using holiday pay to stay at home. This is exciting...

oh man right in the nick of time there! I tried the chat approach too. they said I'd get a VIN within a week or so. I have the same issue with getting the MVPA to my local credit union in time. They have a limited holiday schedule over the next week so my ability to finalize a loan might be real limited. not sure what to do. I've already given the credit union a heads up that this will be a last minute scramble. I'll have to bring them a bottle of scotch or something

oh man right in the nick of time there! I tried the chat approach too. they said I'd get a VIN within a week or so. I have the same issue with getting the MVPA to my local credit union in time. They have a limited holiday schedule over the next week so my ability to finalize a loan might be real limited. not sure what to do. I've already given the credit union a heads up that this will be a last minute scramble. I'll have to bring them a bottle of scotch or something

i have the same problem . BOFA gave me the best rate but they say they need MVPA by 26th . i doubt Telsa will be able to make that date

There are a lot of October orders that won't be filled by 12/21. I'm starting to think that order date is really irrelevant at this stage of their EOY deliveries. I've seen folks post on here from other parts of CA with same config but much later orders take delivery. I wouldn't lose hope based on what orders you're seeing filled. A Dec order could get filled tomorrow... it just feels really random, whether that makes you feel hopeful or annoyed... I think we're all in a similar boat at this point regardless of order date.

There are a lot of October orders that won't be filled by 12/21. I'm starting to think that order date is really irrelevant at this stage of their EOY deliveries. I've seen folks post on here from other parts of CA with same config but much later orders take delivery. I wouldn't lose hope based on what orders you're seeing filled. A Dec order could get filled tomorrow... it just feels really random, whether that makes you feel hopeful or annoyed... I think we're all in a similar boat at this point regardless of order date.

Remember taxis really sucked. You would call them, they would say "they are on the way" and lie to you and be 30mins late as a norm? Then Uber/Lyft came out, more transparent and informative, what you would expect in 2019.
It's almost 2020 and Tesla with all of its technology could at least provide a little bit more insight into when you should expect delivery of the car... just a little bit more, say which week?

I have like 4 boxes full of accessories sitting in my room for a month now, collecting dust...

Reactions: iamnid
Remember taxis really sucked. You would call them, they would say "they are on the way" and lie to you and be 30mins late as a norm? Then Uber/Lyft came out, more transparent and informative, what you would expect in 2019.
It's almost 2020 and Tesla with all of its technology could at least provide a little bit more insight into when you should expect delivery of the car... just a little bit more, say which week?

I have like 4 boxes full of accessories sitting in my room for a month now, collecting dust...

haha me too, my accessories are unpacked on the living room floor, some under the christmas tree. I even laid out my floor mats and tested them with a regular chair. they seem to work ok.

Wassup everyone! Finally decide to register after getting the availability thanks text. Ordered 10/28 SR+, MSM, Aero, No FSD. Live in Sacramento, Rocklin Delivery center. Air Force Active Duty 17.5 years. Almost to retirement! Can't wait to get this M3

*UPDATE*

Received delivery scheduling text this morning approximately 8:30. I chose all available dates from when the availability text was sent out. The only date that showed available for me to accept delivery was 23Dec. I'm scheduled for 23Dec pickup, Rocklin CA, DC. Good luck everyone!

Hey guys,

I was curious if anyone had any experience with this. It's been a bit over 24 hours since I discovered my VIN in source, and I have yet to receive a text or email; will contacting the delivery center expedite the process?

I know, I'm impatient, but it seems like most California orders get the text not long after discovering the VIN.

Hey guys,

I was curious if anyone had any experience with this. It's been a bit over 24 hours since I discovered my VIN in source, and I have yet to receive a text or email; will contacting the delivery center expedite the process?

I know, I'm impatient, but it seems like most California orders get the text not long after discovering the VIN.
Call them. Don't wait.

Reactions: adregia and bmt1012
Just got off the phone with the local credit union and they agreed to match the rate with Stanford CU. Stanford wants 4.24% with an additional 1% discount if you have direct deposit AND one other criteria. So I bargained with Redwood CU and brought it down to 3.24% on a 72 months term. Woohoo..this is exciting. Financing is in place now...where's my car?

Last edited:
Call them. Don't wait.
Smart. I spoke with someone at the Delivery Center, who was the most helpful person thus far. She knew where my order was (arriving at the DC tonight!) and gave me a delivery date.

It's official; my "tentative" delivery date is this Sunday at 5! It'll have been 7 weeks and 1 day since ordering November 2.

I agree with the random comment. I ordered 10/18 bay area white/black and all I have so far is vin in source since 10/16.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
Smart. I spoke with someone at the Delivery Center, who was the most helpful person thus far. She knew where my order was (arriving at the DC tonight!) and gave me a delivery date.

It's official; my "tentative" delivery date is this Sunday at 5! It'll have been 7 weeks and 1 day since ordering November 2.
Congratulations. Received a call from DA after chat, saying my VIN will be assigned between now and Christmas. I don't trust it...

Last edited:
*UPDATE*

Received delivery scheduling text this morning approximately 8:30. I chose all available dates from when the availability text was sent out. The only date that showed available for me to accept delivery was 23Dec. I'm scheduled for 23Dec pickup, Rocklin CA, DC. Good luck everyone!
Congrats!! I'll also be picking up from the Rocklin store.. hopefully by the end of the year.

Anyone considered leasing vs. buying? I'm sure there are a ton of threads on this, but I have an SR+ on order, and even with putting $20k down, my 48 mo'ly payments will be a bit more than a lease ($564 buy, $608 for 36 mo. lease) total down for lease is $1821, vs. $20k. yes, I'd own the car with a purchase, but it ties up $20k and the residual on the lease, although closed-ended, is $27,611, so seems like I'd avoid having to sell the car to trade up with lease. . . .hmm.