Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beginning to think I picked the wrong config...

SR+ MSM, 19", black interior, no FSD, ordered 11/8, Costa Mesa

Looking at the spreadsheet I think the 19" wheels are out of the norm though I'm not sure why that should make such a difference. Reached out to SA yesterday, and they can provide no estimate. Killin me... AND I'm losing my fantasy football championship also...I was hoping this would be a good Sunday haha

That does look nice!
I also got ceramic, but not as dark - 35% all around with 70% on the windshield.
I took delivery on Thursday, the 12th and had tint and PPF (the entire front and the trunk-opening area) applied the next day.
I see in the threads that you ended up getting your car before me, so no need to figure out WTTWH (ie: shoot me birds from down south). :D
Loving this car!!

I somehow snuck in one day ahead! Even though the original delivery was for the 14th, it came early! I went with 15% all around (very dark and not very legal, but I love that black on white look). I'm definitely considering the PPF for the front, I know I'm going to regret not doing it as soon as I get that first rock chip. No need for the birds, we came in practically together ; )

Also loving this car so damn much!

YAY! Got the text.

Order Super Cheapie SR+ on 11/15
Delivery date 12/26 12:01 pm

So 1 day short of the outside of their delivery estimate of 4-6 weeks at order.... A LITTLE communication could have made this SOOOO much better/easier/less stressful.

Still "Vin":null
Dang! Super jealous but happy for you at the same time. I ordered the super cheapie on 10/31, no text no vin.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Good news and bad news...

Received an text this morning, like 30mins ago, telling me that my car would exit the factory on 12/25 and they want me to choose a home delivery date.
I open the URL to schedule it, but I can only choose 26 or 27, which both days we are out of town...
View attachment 491488 View attachment 491487 View attachment 491489
We will be back on the 30th though... Feel like I am going to lose this one and they will reassign me to another one. I told them my availability when they asked last week, what was that for?

(Order date Nov.15th, Home delivery, No VIN in source code)
I think my order is exactly the same as yours - white with no extras (super cheapie!). I went to the showroom yesterday to check on the status in person and they are guaranteeing my delivery on the 31st (order date 12/7). Would you want to try to swap our deliveries, as I certainly don't mind having the car a little early! :)

I placed my order for my black/white SR + on 11/24. All went pretty fast as I took delivery on Dec. 11th here in Oklahoma. But I'm still in the waiting room. Still waiting on the registration paperwork. Obviously not legal to drive without a tag but can't get a tag without registration. Was told paperwork would be sent by FedEx 7 to 10 days after taken delivery of car. Now been 10 days and no word of when my paperwork will arrive. Of course trying to call someone is useless. They just say wait a few more days. Anyone else with this experience?

This may be very naive, so sorry but new to the country :)
I was thinking of taking my new Tesla on a long road trip immediately after delivery. Are you saying it is not legal to drive which is a big surprise for me. Or is it only related to some tag (Fast Tag) which I can do without temporarily on a road trip.

Folks,
Is there any downside to changing the insurance after the first month? My expected delivery date is 31st, and I may not be able to get a good insurance quote if
I charge at home, so do not expect much SuperCharging, but it would be cool to get that tossed in. The thing with color and wheel upgrades..... I do not really care on color(would honestly rather have White than Red...blue or silver would be cool) and I would probably rather have the 18 aero wheels to save me money...LOL. I WOULD take cash, an acceleration boost or FSD for free though! ;-)

It is a GREAT time to be looking to buy/lease a Tesla if you could get a great deal(but do not need a new car), but kinda sucks to NEED a car at this time with how they do "business".

Thanks - and huge congrats on your delivery notification - hope it is seamless! :)

Folks,
Is there any downside to changing the insurance after the first month? My expected delivery date is 31st, and I may not be able to get a good insurance quote since insurance agents may take off when VIN becomes available. In the worse case, can I just take whatever insurance I can get, and change it in the second month once I've had time to negotiate with different insurance companies?

Thanks

This may be very naive, so sorry but new to the country :)
I was thinking of taking my new Tesla on a long road trip immediately after delivery. Are you saying it is not legal to drive which is a big surprise for me. Or is it only related to some tag (Fast Tag) which I can do without temporarily on a road trip.
You will get temp plates (paper ones) and registration taped to the front window. You are free to drive anywhere in the US with that so enjoy your road trip as soon as you get your car:)
PS: You do need car insurance. If you have that already you are good to go!

• Helpful
Reactions: EV_MTV
You will get temp plates (paper ones) and registration taped to the front window. You are free to drive anywhere in the US with that so enjoy your road trip as soon as you get your car:)
PS: You do need car insurance. If you have that already you are good to go!

It must be an Oklahoma thing. Our closest Tesla store is in Texas and this is where my M3 was delivered from and my car did not come with a temporary tag. So irritating.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Ordered 11/24 SR+ white/black
YAY! Got the text.

Order Super Cheapie SR+ on 11/15
Delivery date 12/26 12:01 pm

So 1 day short of the outside of their delivery estimate of 4-6 weeks at order.... A LITTLE communication could have made this SOOOO much better/easier/less stressful.

Still "Vin":null

Ordered 11/24
Also super cheapie config SR+ . got text, no vin
Delivery date 12/27

Reactions: ZappCatt
that is helpful, I wouldn’t have thought that an MVPA would show up before VIN. thanks for pointing it out!
Received delivery text this morning as well. It feels real now!
10/29 order
Said car would be completed by the 26th. Scheduled delivery in San Rafael for the 27th.
Hope MVPA shows up in time to get loan finalized with credit union. They said 1-2 days before completion so VIN for christmas?
Bluemoon,

Are you sure your MVPA isn't in the docs section? Mine was sitting right where the lemon law doc is. It randomly showed up before I got the delivery scheduling text. There was no type of notification. Hopefully it's there!