Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Text just came in. “Tentative” is the key word

“We currently expect your Model 3 to be built on 12/25 and have tentatively scheduled your delivery appointment for 12/27 at 4 PM at the Rocklin delivery center. A Tesla representative will reach out to confirm this appointment 24-48 hours before your delivery day.”

been a lurker ever since I placed an order. I just wanted to share that I too got a txt today stating the similar for mine to be built on 12/28 and a 12/30 delivery in Marina Del Rey. crossing my fingers~

12/8 order date
SR+ white/black/19in wheels

Merry Xmas everyone and looking forward to being part of the community. seen/read a lot of nice helpful information here and appreciate everyones input/insight~

Text from Tesla today : "We currently expect your Model 3 to be built on 12/28 and have tentatively scheduled your delivery appointment for 12/31 at 11 AM at the Burbank delivery center. A Tesla representative will reach out to confirm this appointment 24-48 hours before your delivery day." ordered 10/27 !! ugghh .. I knew I should have said Im not avail on the 31st.. obviously they left me for the last day. would not surprise me if they made my appt 11:30 pm !!

Text from Tesla today : "We currently expect your Model 3 to be built on 12/28 and have tentatively scheduled your delivery appointment for 12/31 at 11 AM at the Burbank delivery center. A Tesla representative will reach out to confirm this appointment 24-48 hours before your delivery day." ordered 10/27 !! ugghh .. I knew I should have said Im not avail on the 31st.. obviously they left me for the last day. would not surprise me if they made my appt 11:30 pm !!

that’s tough as delay will cost you tax credit. What is your plan now?

Better than them telling you to skip your non-refundable NYE plans to try to pick up your car at 8pm on the 31st

Any non-California folks receiving any shipments? this is leading up to a huge disappointment? If I don't get it before year's end, I am considering cancelling my order given there will likely be a price adjustment in Q1 for M3 and maybe even a potential model Y SR+ in the works for late Q2/ early Q3 (which is what I really need).

I am here less than 30 miles from the factory with an order date of 11/15 and have no more info than you up there in Seattle.

I had an appointment scheduled for an hour ago...but never received any contact about it. Got an email to finalize my lease yesterday which I did...then woke up to the appointment being removed from my account, along with the VIN(which is still there in the finalized Lease agreement, and the estimate that my delivery will be 4-6 weeks from order......

I am here less than 30 miles from the factory with an order date of 11/15 and have no more info than you up there in Seattle.

I had an appointment scheduled for an hour ago...but never received any contact about it. Got an email to finalize my lease yesterday which I did...then woke up to the appointment being removed from my account, along with the VIN(which is still there in the finalized Lease agreement, and the estimate that my delivery will be 4-6 weeks from order......

Oddly, my Vin and delivery date disappeared as soon as I Submitted Payment this morning.

Noon delivery was scheduled, but Tesla was a no show.

Oddly, my Vin and delivery date disappeared as soon as I Submitted Payment this morning.

Noon delivery was scheduled, but Tesla was a no show.
GRRR

I wonder if they are going to use the excuse that the Grapevine was closed due to snow?

I have to drop off my lease end vehicle today and then will probably swing by Santana Row and talk to a manager to see if I can get an update.

Wow, I just checked the linked Lease agreement, and they have changed that from the original one which had my lease starting today and my signature, to one without a start or end date, and my signature field is blacked out...

So weak.
What is happen with Bay Area deliveries?
It looks like they are pushing our deliveries to the very last minute, and possibly change delivery to the 12/31 at 8pm “event”...

quick update on my October 29th order:
I got my VIN today... spilled my coffee when it showed up I thought it would never happen.
So that started a whirlwind process of trying to get my paperwork in time for my credit union to finalize the loan before my scheduled delivery tomorrow. I tried the Tesla chat feature like 4 times but had spotty internet reception where I was spending Christmas. Every time I got a response, sent my VIN, RN number, contact phone, then boom lost signal. I tried calling by phone to delivery centers, sales centers. I got a lot of voicemail boxes that were full. I finally called the Corte Madera showroom sales line like I was scheduling a test drive and got someone (Jay) who was really helpful and said he'd take care of my MVPA right away and get it both uploaded in the system and emailed to me just in case, which he did within the hour. So if you have a delivery appointment and get a VIN, don't wait, call and make sure the paperwork is being processed so you don't get it an hour before delivery. I'm not sure I would have gotten the documents today if I hadn't spent so much time hounding Tesla.
I left my family's place early to get to the credit union before closing today just to make sure. I emailed the MVPA to the credit union from a rest stop once it arrived. I got to the credit union 10min before closing, gave the guy a bottle of bourbon for the last minute hassle and he stayed late to help me finalize everything. I just got home with my check in hand and found the pay now option on my account, so that's paid. I was reading the fine print and realized something: Tesla discounted my car by $500. I'm not sure if this is standard now, or for CA people that lost the state rebate or for the crazy delivery process or what. $500 deducted from the price of my car. And I'm getting an SR, the $35k one. It showed up on my MVPA under section 1, item B "Other: Price Adjustment". I hope others get this too! it helps take the edge off the process a bit.
Will update with delivery process tomorrow. Can't believe it's actually happening.
Also hope they sort out the issues facing LA orders with the road closures... that sounds like a total mess. Hope you all can get your deliveries ASAP!

My text indicated a delivery at the Delivery center, but I was told by my SA that my car will instead be home delivered - either way I'm happy. I just hope it doesn't get pushed further.

But does anyone have experience with home delivery when it comes to checking the car for defects. While it is easy to rectify defects quickly at the Delivery center, I'm wondering how that can happen during a home delivery, esp as these guys will not be able to rectify anything until 31st at least with all the work load.