Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just letting my fellow waiters that I got a call today from Tesla informing me my car will NOT be delivered by EOY. Order 11/24 SR+ white/black 19’s in Burbank Ca. Was told no compensation for loss of credit and that SR+’s will mainly be pushed to early 2020. I can get a full $100 refund if I cancel before 31st. Or I can switch to an inventory vehicle but they will not have any SR+’s in inventory till 2020 (lol). I had a scheduled delivery for 12/30 but never received a Vin. Car was to be in batch if 12/28 so who knows wth is happening. I was prepared for this eventuality hoping this can shed some light for you folks as well! Best of luck!
I ordered the exact same car on 11/17. I was optimistic that I would get my car by EOY. After seeing your message and a few others about no delivery, I was hopeful that it was just for SoCal orders. Well, nope. I just received a text stating it will not be delivered this year and will be part of a January 2020 batch. The text to schedule delivery mentioned that it was part of the 12/28 batch. Sounds like they must have skipped that batch altogether.

I just received the same message about January 2020. I'm sorry folks, they had to know this long before today. If they can't manage their production and inventory control any better than this it's pretty sad. Why do they say when you order it online it will be delivered before year end? They don't know how many orders they have and how fast they can produces cars off the line? Pretty bad when a company as technically advanced as Tesla can't manage the nuts and bolts of their business. I own one M3 LR but going to cancel this one. Pretty frustrating.

I fully expect to get that text stating that the car was delayed until late January any time now.. I think Tesla forgets that they have moved their product from people buying a Tesla as their third or fourth car to working people who are buying a Tesla as an only vehicle, or a family where it is the second car.

I ordered on 11/15 since my lease on my then current car ended on 12/26 so that I would have plenty of time. Needless to say, I am currently car less and worried on how I will get to work until Tesla decides to provide my car.

I could have easily extended the lease for a month if I would have known the 4-6 week estimate would turn into 8-12 weeks...

It is even more disappointing to see all of the people who ordered the exact same build after me White/Black/18 Aero no FSD get their cars while I sit here waiting and wondering.

Last edited:
I fully expect to get that text stating that the car was delayed until late January any time now.. I think Tesla forgets that they have moved their product from people buying a Tesla as their third or fourth car to working people who are buying a Tesla as an only vehicle, or a family where it is the second car.

I ordered on 11/15 since my lease on my then current car ended on 12/26 so that I would have plenty of time. Needless to say, I am currently car less and worried on how I will get to work until Tesla decides to provide my car.

I could have easily extended the lease for a month if I would have known the 4-6 week estimate would turn into 8-12 weeks...

It is even more disappointing to see all of the people who ordered the exact same build after me White/Black/18 Aero no FSD get their cars while I sit here waiting and wondering.

I ordered 3 days after you and nothing, supposedly “early 2020” now. So ridiculous I can’t even believe it,

Same exact car as you, for delivery in Costa Mesa

Well folks it's time for me to graduate this thread!

Ordered 11/11 SR+ Delivered 12/27 in Burbank! The delivery process was a bit rushed but nothing we weren't expecting. There were about 20 people at the center at the same time who all got their cars at the same time. I had a trade in, so they had me park then checked mileage and vin, then they had somebody drive the car off the lot.

Signed a few pages inside and verified our status on the app (never checked ID though which was odd). My wife wanted to do the orientation so we sat in that class for about 20 mins then they opened the door to the lot outside where all of the cars were waiting. They had plenty of people outside helping in case you had any questions or issues with the car. I had a couple small scratches and some fingerprints on the white interior and headliner. Got those noted in their system and we were on our way. Whole thing took about an hour!

20191227_140121.jpg
20191227_141541.jpg

I think only update is 12/31 08:00 PM is delivery appointment. that is what the Tesla Account says.

a few months ago, news stated that Tesla is manufacturing about 5000-7000 model 3 per week. If this is true, that means they will manufacture about a 1000 car on the 31. So I am assuming there will be more than 1000 people taking delivery at the same time, so it is going to be crazy...

• Informative
Reactions: sunnyvale76