Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date: 2/1/20
Config: SR+/White/Blk interior/18" Aero - as basic as they come
Called SA yesterday was completely useless as they had no info.
No texts since last Sunday, so not sure if they changed the schedule from Thursdays.
Account profile page hasn't listed an estimate for a couple weeks now.

This is definitely testing my patience and I cannot even imagine those that have waited since last year.

Based on historical information, are Bay Area orders typically last to be fulfilled in the quarter?

No texts since last Sunday, so not sure if they changed the schedule from Thursdays.

This is definitely testing my patience and I cannot even imagine those that have waited since last year.

Based on historical information, are Bay Area orders typically last to be fulfilled in the quarter?
Each quarter, cars are built based on location: Month-1 = Overseas, Month-2 East Coast North America, Month-3 West Coast North America. We're in the Bay Area and it's the 6th of March... and cars are built in batches by color/model/options.

The best thing to do in order to maintain your sanity is to expect delivery by March 31 (end of Q1). Now that we're into March, I wouldn't expect any additional texts. The next update you're likely to receive is a delivery notification. I ordered 2/8... and made a configuration change this week... and was told delivery will happen by end of Q1.

Reactions: ofcorona

Bay Area by speculation tend to be very last, because literally Tesla can build your car and you can have it the next day or even same day lol.

Bay Area by speculation tend to be very last, because literally Tesla can build your car and you can have it the next day or even same day lol.
That's right. If things go like they did in December, Bay Area cars will be delivered mid-late March. They'll most likely be driven from the factory by a Tesla employee (followed by Uber/Lyft) directly to your home. San Jose here... hang tight!!

I ordered the same configuration from Phoenix on 2/15. I saw the same configuration car (SR+ white/Blk int. w/18") which is new in stock from LA this morning. Of course, it is already gone, and I don't understand why they do the business like that.

This is very reassuring. I wish they would tell you more but I'm getting the sense that Tesla's comms game isn't that strong. I swear the forums are better than our SAs! I got one text from him even after he reassured me that he would be accessible throughout my wait ... yeah that definitely didn't hold up past one text telling me to put my finance through. :(

I ordered the same configuration from Phoenix on 2/15. I saw the same configuration car (SR+ white/Blk int. w/18") which is new in stock from LA this morning. Of course, it is already gone, and I don't understand why they do the business like that.
There are a few possibilities. Somebody in LA may have ordered before you or worse, has been waiting since Nov/Dec. Also could be a car that was refused by the customer so now it's sitting there and not yet matched. In that case, it will be sold within hours so it wouldn't make sense to ship to somebody in SF or AZ.

This is very reassuring. I wish they would tell you more but I'm getting the sense that Tesla's comms game isn't that strong. I swear the forums are better than our SAs! I got one text from him even after he reassured me that he would be accessible throughout my wait ... yeah that definitely didn't hold up past one text telling me to put my finance through. :(

It's a big patience game, really. I ordered 2/4 living in Canada, British Columbia and still have no VIN nor a VIN in source yet. I'm assuming that I won't get my car until mid to late March being that Cali isn't as far as some other folks waiting here.

I ordered on 12/22 and still don't have my car. Good luck.

It's a big patience game, really. I ordered 2/4 living in Canada, British Columbia and still have no VIN nor a VIN in source yet. I'm assuming that I won't get my car until mid to late March being that Cali isn't as far as some other folks waiting here.

My buddy ordered his January 9, a SR+ Black with black interior and 18s - still no update yet, nor no VIN in his source. The more and more I think about it, it's going to be late March (before end of Q1) that any of us get a call.

Ordered December 20th SR+ Red on white. still no vin or communication.
I have bought goodies in the meantime; got a nomad wireless charger, Jeda usb hub; and a Samsung T5 SSD. And had the wall charger installed on my garage for $200.00
a>

a>