Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 4/18...

SR+ MSM with White Interior

Estimated dates have changed a bunch to times:

June 15th - June 30th
June 6th - June 30th
2 - 8 Weeks
3 - 13 Weeks
Early last week it went to May 31 - June 4
Then last Friday it went to the dreaded 8 - 12 weeks.

All week long its stayed at 8 - 12 Weeks

It better not take as long as a new order, I've been waiting a month and 1/2 already.

Pickup location is Santa Barbara - So Cal

These AMC gains are burning a whole in my pocket, just waiting for that Tesla!

Ordered 4/18...

SR+ MSM with White Interior

Estimated dates have changed a bunch to times:

June 15th - June 30th
June 6th - June 30th
2 - 8 Weeks
3 - 13 Weeks
Early last week it went to May 31 - June 4
Then last Friday it went to the dreaded 8 - 12 weeks.

All week long its stayed at 8 - 12 Weeks

It better not take as long as a new order, I've been waiting a month and 1/2 already.

Pickup location is Santa Barbara - So Cal

These AMC gains are burning a whole in my pocket, just waiting for that Tesla!

you own the store in camarillo?

Last edited:
I have a VIN but no delivery appointment yet, but just got an email from Tesla asking me to add insurance info to "fast-track my delivery".

I was going to wait until I had an actual delivery appointment to call the insurance company so I could set a start date for when I needed insurance on the Tesla (and stop the insurance on my trade-in). But is it worth having insurance on both vehicles until the delivery? Does it "fast-track" getting my delivery appointment?

I’m not quite sure what to do. There are 2 demos near me with FSD but if they can remove FSD and if they have radar still, it might be worth it. I’m just a little leary of buying a demo with over 1,000 miles as we know those are probably hard miles as we know how we test drive cars lol. My EDD is now July 15 - Aug 4 but my SA is adamant that it’s still the third week of June. Do I just wait a couple more weeks and see if I get a VIN or just go ahead and get the demo (if they can remove FSD)?

I’m not quite sure what to do. There are 2 demos near me with FSD but if they can remove FSD and if they have radar still, it might be worth it. I’m just a little leary of buying a demo with over 1,000 miles as we know those are probably hard miles as we know how we test drive cars lol. My EDD is now July 15 - Aug 4 but my SA is adamant that it’s still the third week of June. Do I just wait a couple more weeks and see if I get a VIN or just go ahead and get the demo (if they can remove FSD)?
I reached out to my SA to ask if FSD can be removed. If I can grab one with radar, even if it's a demo, I might. Now I just have to wait to hear from him...

I ended up pulling the trigger on a demo unit since my EDD is in the July-august window and haven’t had any luck getting in touch with any SA. Now I’m just hoping whoever calls to confirm this new demo unit can help me get my $100 deposit from the original order refunded or added to this demo unit sale 🤞

Reactions: GiFer and makirules
Got my car delivered today... The wait was worth it... Drive feels great and took some getting used to the braking and acceleration. Few things I noticed

1. The trim on the dash touches the steering column. Squeaky when moving steering in/out
2. One of thr door takes a lot more effort to close

Scheduled a tech to come fix on 7th

3. Aero cap was off partly on one wheel.. I pushed it back in place
4. Small scratches on window trip.. Used goof off to remove it

Bought new floor mats (only LR and Perf get mats) and nema 14-50 adapter for my setup.

Only drawback so far, no homelink to open garage. Not spending another $350 for parts and installation. Ordered a remote from Amazon for $15.View attachment 669387
Gray looks sick!